SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else? Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Oh thank God. I thought I was alone.

Benelli M4
DRD Tactical Aptus
Glock 20
S&W 610
M1 Garand

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I feel a little better knowing I am not the only one!

Definitely planning on remedying the situation now that the weather is getting better. My church recently started a men’s group and there is already talk about a shooting outing.

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Is that the M1A I sold you?

Yup!

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Not me. My guns have a purpose and if things change and I don't shoot them they get sold.
I got rid of a 1911 and a Glock to and used the funds for a mountain bike I'll get more enjoyment from.

Our POS governor has made it difficult to sell guns locally.

I just barely got my P322 (one week) and a couple extra mags for it (3 days) before we got hit with the 10 round mag limits.

Thankfully I stocked up on M1A mags shortly after buying the rifle.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have a shotgun (Benelli Nova Tactical) and a pistol (P365), both purchased c. Nov. 2022. I haven't shot either of them yet.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I only have one that I've never shot... an older Marlin (JG stamped) Mod. 336 in .30-30 that I bought from a friend about 18 months or so ago. I only have one decent outdoor rifle range near me, and going there is a bit of a hassle, so just haven't done it yet. My favorite indoor range does have a 100 yard rifle range, so I guess I need to go shoot it there soon, and exercise the AR-15 again...

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, me too:

- Springfield Hellcat
- Glock 19 Gen 5
- Glock 30S
- Mossberg Shockwave

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have a shotgun barrel that got the full Vang Comp treatment. I was so anxious to get this and put it through the paces. Sadly, it sat in my safe for near two years before I could get to the range with it, and that involved 5 rounds of slugs, and 5 rounds of OO buck. Shot better then I expected on accuracy and buck shot spread. The recoil reduction ports helped a lot with recoil, but still my poor shoulder couldn't take much more. It might sit for another 2 years.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Two Remington and one Benelli shotgun. One 380 M&P. I would like to experience the shotgun but no outdoor range access.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
1. 365 xmacro
2. Springfield Ronin 10mm
3. Henry steel 357
4. CZ 457 american
5. Ruger 10/22 takedown with magpul stock.

Have more that I have shot a few mags through

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
As "therapy" perhaps take the M1A to the range with 200 rounds to get the juices flowing. Then see what happens next. Life is an adventure.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1559 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I’m in the same boat. Was quietly wondering if it were just me.

But I’ve kind of noticed that now I’m able to afford more of my hobbies, I seem to have far less time to enjoy them. The adulting thing gets in the way.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course I have guns I've never fired. It's the nature of building a collection, even if we're talking about modern, production firearms. If you have only six like that, you're behind the curve.

The current price of ammunition is a factor as well.

The guys who can't afford the guns they want will have no sympathy for the plight of those who possess an excess. This is something to consider when your lack of shooting bothers your conscience.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad that I am not the only one. I have several that have not been shot. Life just gets in the way a lot of the time. I feel better about it now after reading this.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple guns I've bought and never shot, but my bigger problem is the ones I know I probably won't shoot again. Really missed out on the opportunity to thin the herd during the COVID panic.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Not so much never shot as hardly ever shot. Rifles, handguns, even shotguns.
Ever since moved away from Sacramento area, no shooting buddies; ranges sucked big time, or outdoor ranges far away.
Looking forward to spending much of the year back in Sacramento region.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am guilty of having a few cosmoline slathered surplus rifles that I need to get around to de-gunking. I am also terrible with buying mags and ammo for “future” purchases.

Got really bad with pistols for a few years when a good friend had a table top FFL. If I found a deal I would send it to him. Bad part was most of the time I found a deal, I already used a pistol permit or was still within our 30 day law. They were stacking up to the point it took about a year or more to clear out his safe and transfer everything.

It’s good to be amongst forum friends with the same “problems”

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
It’s not a problem unless you go to meetings and only use first names. Seriously though, I have too many to list that haven’t been shot.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Then there's my P226 that has been through maybe 15 classes of 1000 rounds a weekend. Kinda evens things out??

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I have at least 5 that I have never shot. I need to get to it!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
No Comment. My wife lurks on this forum. Wink

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post