SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance.
Army 1971-1997, SGM. My wife was in 1968 - 1990, Army Nurse Corps.she always outshot me.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
18Z50 checking for this warfighter Karma moment.

War story time....I was at K2 scrounging a resupply bundle for a Team that was TIC Red, Red, Green, Green on the the LACE.
The Supply yard was closed, so I hotwired the the rough terrain articulated 10K at the airfield and grabbed a ready resupply pallet by reaching over the wire with the forks.
The 10th Mountain MP’s saw this and began chasing me on foot. I drove up to the SOF side airfield access and crossed the wire. The SP’s stopped the MP’s because they did not have airfield or SOF compound access. And I got the pallet on the MC-130 and rode it to drop zone and mission accomplished.
When I returned, the MP’s were looking for the SF guy with the beard and minn. viking’s hat. They were pissed. LTC Rosengarden sent my ass to J-Bad for a week until the MP’s cooled off.
For my efforts, I was awarded a driver badge and an mild ass chewing.

TF DAGGER....good times in a bad place with great people.

18Z50...1987-2015 as an 18B and an 18Z.
Mrs 18Z50 is a 62A and still serves.

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good story. I got the fist. A bit of translation please.

I'm all acronymed out...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity. My dad was a marine in ww2, I have the jap navy officers sword he brought back from the marshal islands. I won the lottery draft in 1969 did a year and 6 days in Vietnam

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity. My dad served in the Army.

Eseaton

Esea2000@yahoo.com

Posts: 2476 | Location: E. of Mississippi River | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Muleman244
posted Hide Post
Please add me, U.S. Army 87-93

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Muleman244,

---------------------------------------
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 236 | Location: Grifton, NC USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for the chance. USN 1985 through 1997. Best duty during that time was SWCC at Special Boat Unit 20 which was done via PQS in those days. If I was still able to serve as a "Dirty Boat Guy" (a nickname given to the boat operators by SEALs) I'd still be in today. They aren't kidding when they say it's the "Navy's best kept secret." The modern incarnation of DBG is unbelievably professional and dedicated.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance for the 228 and your generous offer to military veterans.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the chance! Multiple relatives served from WWII on, myself Army 2004 - 2011.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 669 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Please include me. My father and uncle both served. Thanks for the generous karma!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
18Z50 checking for this warfighter Karma moment.

War story time....I was at K2 scrounging a resupply bundle for a Team that was TIC Red, Red, Green, Green on the the LACE.
The Supply yard was closed, so I hotwired the the rough terrain articulated 10K at the airfield and grabbed a ready resupply pallet by reaching over the wire with the forks.
The 10th Mountain MP’s saw this and began chasing me on foot. I drove up to the SOF side airfield access and crossed the wire. The SP’s stopped the MP’s because they did not have airfield or SOF compound access. And I got the pallet on the MC-130 and rode it to drop zone and mission accomplished.
When I returned, the MP’s were looking for the SF guy with the beard and minn. viking’s hat. They were pissed. LTC Rosengarden sent my ass to J-Bad for a week until the MP’s cooled off.
For my efforts, I was awarded a driver badge and an mild ass chewing.

TF DAGGER....good times in a bad place with great people.

18Z50...1987-2015 as an 18B and an 18Z.
Mrs 18Z50 is a 62A and still serves.

quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Good story. I got the fist. A bit of translation please.

I'm all acronymed out...

Art,

From his handle, he was Special Forces being 18 series. I'm not familiar with the Z but I believe it's the E9 rank whereas for a Special Forces officer it would be 18A.

TIC troops in contact (with the enemy).
LACE is liquids, ammo, casualties and equipment status. Green is good, amber is not that good and red is awful.
SOF Special Operations Forces
J-Bad is Jalalabad.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post

Currently with 172 Air Wing MSANG. Have been associated with the Air Fotce since 1984 in some capacity.

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very generous karma, please include me.
USN 1978-1984

Dad USN Naval Aviator 1942-1967. He passed last year at the age of 93. Couple pictures of him.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Kindly include me. US Army 11B/C 101st Airborne 1/327th Infantry Regt. B Co. Rifleman and 60mm Mortar Gunner M224
802nd Ord USAR
Odd story, we were at Ft Sherman Panama 1986 for Jungle Warfare School JOTC and while ruck lounging awaiting transport predawn in front of the barracks near the canal, we heard helos flying close by playing Flight of the Valkyries over the intercom. Thought I was dreaming something from Apocalypse Now for awhile. The units training there did not appear regular Army of course. Too many stories but they are boring to be sure. Thanks for the generous offering.

Posts: 6013 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
My grandfather served in the Army and served in WWII. My father served in the Army in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot. My brother served in the Army as a medic in Iraq and Afghanistan and lost his leg to an IED. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF 2004-2010, best job I ever had.

Posts: 506 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
12131, Please put me your generous Karma. Thanks for all you do for those on this forum.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put my name in the hat please. I served in the USAR as artilleryman from 19958-1962,

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Army, ( Retired ) 1990 - 2013.

Thank you for another generous Karma!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Thanks once again Q for a generous karma. Army from 98-04. Good luck to the rest of my fellow vets.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post