SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Please add me. USMC 87-91, ILARNG 2002-13.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I was in USAF 86 to 90.

Thanks for being so generous.

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Add me please, US Army FA '96-'03 and thanks.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I had two uncles serve in Vietnam, and my grandfather in WWII. My avi is the logo for my grandfather's unit.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Appreciate it!! Drill Sgt. 68-74. U.S.Army.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My father served in the ANG, and my daughter and future son-in-law are both full time with the ANG. My daughter was among the last of the troops pulled out of Iraq in late 2011.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity! I served from 89-2010 in the USAF. I was fortunate Neto be stationed in Mountain Home,ID as my first base. Got to go pretty much everywhere in the world. I’m blessed to have done so. Thank you for the chance, and to everyone who served.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Airman First Class Kentucky Air National Guard. 1981-1983

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you guys, I won this time last year.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in and thanks for this generous karma!
US Army 12B - 1986-1994

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Q, please include me. I did not serve. I had 2 brothers that served in Vietnam. I year later 1 stayed another and the other was stationed at the DMZ. John

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to list of hopefuls.

USAF 1980-1989

Stationed with the 3rd Combat Comm Group and in the DC area.

Thank You for your generosity.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, as always, for the great chance. My maternal grandfather served in the Korean War.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank you for a chance at this gracious Karma.

SSgt/USMC
1977-1985

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I'M in US Navy 1971-1975 BT2

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous Q. USN 1985-1999.

Posts: 7499 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I'd like to throw my name in for my dad. He was a Korea war era USMC.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
US Navy 1986-2012. Senior Chief Retired.

Thanks for this generous karma, please add my name to the hat.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Q for your generosity and support!

I am a third-generation Air Force pilot. Grandfather B-24s in WWII, father rescue helos in Vietnam then C-141s.

I ended up flying the same tail numbers as my father on two separate occasions - once as a solo student in a T-38 at Laughlin AFB and later on in a C-141. The C-141 was the "Hanoi Taxi" and was the first airplane to bring re-repatriated POWs back from Vietnam. Very humbling to fly that airplane, knowing its history and that my father had flown it in the 70s.

I was active duty AF 1990-2000. Did the reserves for a couple of years and then bailed.

Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by skonie:
As usual, your generosity is amazing. Please count me in. USAF 1984-1995. DOD 1995-present.

In 1990 I left Hawaii for a remote tour in Alaska for a year. After that year, I got stationed at Nellis AFB, in Las Vegas. Upon arriving at my new job, I ran into a guy I was stationed with in Hawaii. WHen I said hey to him, he looked at me like he had no idea who I was.

"I can't believe you don't remember me, it's only been a year since we were at Hickam together!"

"Oh no,That was my twin brother Ron, I'm Don."

And I had a similar experience with a guy in the Navy. I flew T-1s on an exchange for a while at NAS Pensacola. Met a guy there, nice guy.

Cue about 7 years later and I see him in ops at my airline. "Hey, whatever! Remember me from Pensacola?" Blank stare.

You were the instructor Navigator and we flew together like 5 times with your Nav students. Glad to see you made it here."

He says "That's my twin brother. He's still in the Navy".

Oops.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. Coast Guard. Ninth district 1985-1994. BM2 mostly small boat stations. Lots search and rescues. All I can say is the Canadians never invaded while I was on watch.

Posts: 279 | Location: Northeast Ohio  | Registered: August 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post