SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma! US Army

Posts: 1987 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Very cool of you.
USN, most of my family has served as well.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
excellent karma !

U.S.Army '71-'73, stationed at Bitburg and Spangdahlem Air Bases, Germany.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: D_Steve,

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in your generous karma.
I served in the USA and Air Force

Thank you

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Retired Navy and thank you so much for the chance.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure to serve. But my grand-dad spent time in Europe in WW2. Also lost a uncle in Vietnam. Here is a bit about Eddy. I grew up seeing his purple heart over the fireplace : http://archive.thecitizen.com/...5/opinion/op-01.html

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
As I recall, this is not your first vet karma. Bravo sir.

US ARMY 4th Infantry Division 1996-1999 and USCENTCOM 2002
Operation Enduring Freedom and GWOT

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a Navy vet. Worked on E2C Hawkeyes and later on the C2 Greyhound. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had the pleasure...but...(I went into law enforcement and retired after 33 years).

My Father was career Army, serving a short stint in the Navy after getting out of high school early (Okinawa invasion) and Korea (Army) vet.
My uncle was at Dunkirk, losing his life to slow the german advance and permit more time for the evacuation from the beach.
My oldest brother went Army.
My youngest son went Marines (currently LEO). His wife is active duty Air Force.

Thanks for the consideration.

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your generous Karma. USN 89-93. Thanks. Hray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q, always setting the bar Smile

AF as a 2T2, wish I would have done it sooner in life.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me...

US Army 1957-63.

Took the "big grey boat" with 2,500 others to Korea in late 1958. At that time South Korea was a shit hole, but they used our help (money) wisely and is now an industrial giant.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Even though I served, US Air Force '71-74, I'd like to be added in honor of family who served before me in the Civil War, WWI, and WWII. Thanks for a great karma!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Please add me in. Army from 1970 to 1979.
Thanks!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the chance at this. It is very generous. AF 94-16.

Herk

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
18Z50 checking for this warfighter Karma moment.

War story time....I was at K2 scrounging a resupply bundle for a Team that was TIC Red, Red, Green, Green on the the LACE.
The Supply yard was closed, so I hotwired the the rough terrain articulated 10K at the airfield and grabbed a ready resupply pallet by reaching over the wire with the forks.
The 10th Mountain MP’s saw this and began chasing me on foot. I drove up to the SOF side airfield access and crossed the wire. The SP’s stopped the MP’s because they did not have airfield or SOF compound access. And I got the pallet on the MC-130 and rode it to drop zone and mission accomplished.
When I returned, the MP’s were looking for the SF guy with the beard and minn. viking’s hat. They were pissed. LTC Rosengarden sent my ass to J-Bad for a week until the MP’s cooled off.
For my efforts, I was awarded a driver badge and an mild ass chewing.

TF DAGGER....good times in a bad place with great people.

18Z50...1987-2015 as an 18B and an 18Z.
Mrs 18Z50 is a 62A and still serves.

Posting pic for 18Z50.

Q

Posts: 26393 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

US Army, 1945-1950 (my Dad). Thanks for the chance.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance Q!
USAF Vietnam Era.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Thank you for a chance - US Army 1986-1990

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Please enter me. US Army, 2009-present.

I remember at OCS, the commander was really big into running. We didn't run at a very fast pace, he just felt that it was more of a mental challenge than anything else. It seemed twice a week we would have a company run. One Friday we had a company run and a lot of candidates fell out of the run. Commander wasn't happy, said that we would conduct the run again on Monday and if you fell out of the formation, you would be dropped from OCS and sent to the "needs of the Army." Monday came and we went on that run and the same candidates fell out. Sure enough their bags were packed and we never saw them again. It was an eye opening experience. Eek

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post