SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
My father served in the Army during the Korean War. Was in the 101st Airborne, but at that point in time, this unit (from what I have read) was sort of "rebuilding."

He was stationed in NYC making training films from what I understand. He passed away about 25 years ago and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

I have heard some of his "war" stories, but most of them have to do with the NYC nightlife and women.

Please drop my name in the proverbial hat.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I just want to acknowledge and appreciate your karma for veterans such as myself. When I finally move to a free state, I will join your karmas for guns such as this.

Thank you kindly.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Please add me in as well, USAF 61-65 mostly as a K-9 handler.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for what you do OR

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Karma. USAF 1954-1974.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enter me please.
lost my older brother in a B-17 over Germany in WW2
That B-17 was named "Chain Gang".
Anyone know how to get info on this plane
or photos even better please let me know.
Best Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this karma. I would love for my Veteran Father to have this.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 813 | Location: Tuscaloosa, AL | Registered: May 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Please include me in you generous Karma.
US Army 07071983-06011992

Funny story...Me, my BFF "shovel Rick" my then girlfriend and his then girlfriend went camping over a 3 day weekend. We got there late on a moonless night. Rick decided he needed to go, NOW and wanted me as his security/backup. So he takes care of business and we go back to the campgrounds to join our girlfriends. It turns out the campgrounds was situated next to a golf course and Rick took a dump on one of the greens. Nearly made a "hole in one". We ddin't know it was a golf course at 2200 on a dark night just a good clearing to take care of business. We did claim ignorance when the MP's came around asking if we knew anything about it. Seems some bird Col's ball rolled right into it and for some reason he complained. Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
I would like to enter for my son who is currently serving in the USMC. Thanks for your generosity.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in this generous KARMA...My dad served in Germany in WWII (he always told us that his wish was that his sons would not have to)...Thomas Harold Williams was a hero in the strictest sense and expected his offspring to be excellent American Citizens Smile...

As a young man in Germany in 1945 (first time out of Claremont/Gainsville GA...after shipping out after basic to Italy)...

As an old man from Memorial Day in 2016 placing the flowers at the WWII memorial calibration in Smyrna GA (he passed later that year) as an older survivor of the "life things" that shaped his life and made him the man/father that shapped the lives of his children (all of us as well as grand children) to love this Republic...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
USN 1990-2018. Thanks for a chance at a most excellent karma!

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity. WOW
USAF 77 - 81. Air National Guard 82 - 2000. Mobile communications COMSEC. I didn't do anything exceptionally interesting Wink but was blessed to meet my future wife in the ANG. We are exceptionally proud that our son has chosen to follow out footsteps and is an E-3 in the USAF maintaining F-16s. Coolest thing I saw was A-10s making strafing runs. I was CLOSE and the first time one fired I just about wet myself! Best wishes!

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father was a US Army Combat Engineer, I was in the US Army 10th SFG(A), and my son is a US Army Infantry 2nd LT.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the chance at a great pistol.

Korea 1989

Gulf 1991 (Right Side)

Norwegian Sea 1992 (Right end)

As for an interesting story...
I spent some pre-trial confinement time here with my best friend and later the Best Man at my wedding who is currently a Lt.Col that commands 2nd Raider BN. MARSOC .
(He’s on the left end in the pic on ship)
Funny how well things just seem to work out for us !

Proud of my friend beyond words. If chosen I’ll be sending this pistol him.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG Forum Lurker
posted Hide Post
USMC 1968-1972, 1974-1991
Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Super generous Karma once again.
A couple of potentially interesting things that occurred during my naval submarine career.
We ran aground at test depth one time and I have played football at the north pole during a deployment circumnavigating North America and through the Panama Canal.

Ed Hall
USN, MM1/SS nuclear, USS Gurnard SSN-662

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF Vietnam Era veteran '72-'75.
Appreciate it. Looks awesome.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in please. Thanks very much for the karma opportunity.

Combat Engineer Officer (21B), Alabama ARNG 1989-1993, B Co, 151 En Bn (Anniston), PL & XO. Here I am in Panama in 1991, Operation "Fuertes Caminos", with then Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, GEN Colin Powell:

My younger son, now a Combat Engineer Officer:

He is a third generation Army; my late father in law was a Field Artillery E-5 in WW2, 11 FA Bn, 24 ID, Pacific Theater, 155mm Howitzer. He was at Schofield Barracks when Pear Harbor was attacked.

Posts: 491 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post

My active duty service ended 27 years ago! Still hard to believe... anyway, I’ve never owned a 228 and have always regretted that. Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
I’m a slacker too, but my son wasn’t.
He was part of 170th infantry and served in Afghanistan.
Count me in please and I’ll give him the gun if the karminator so choses.

Thanks.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post