SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hurricane Helene
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Helene Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
USF canceled classes W-F, the dorms in Tampa will remain open, and St. Pete students that don’t have anywhere to go will be bused to the Tampa campus. Our son will be coming home later this morning while his roommate elected to stay on campus. Our daughter’s school decided to go online for Thursday and Friday.

I’ll decide at the 11am EDT update about our shutters and boats. Our son should be here by then to help.

ETA: His roommate decided to come down after all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Vienna Sausages and Beenee Weenees.

Ewwww!

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beer. Check.
Vienna Sausages and Beenee Weenees. Check.
I got some Stilton cheese and some really cheap Port wine to snack on during the hurricane.

I would have preferred better wine, but the cheap crap was the only thing available.

Oh well, any Port in a storm. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31449 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Beer. Check.
I got some Stilton cheese and some really cheap Port wine to snack on during the hurricane.

I would have preferred better wine, but the cheap crap was the only thing available.

If your local liquor stores carry boxed wine, bota box has a 3L nighthawk dark bourbon barrel aged Cabernet for around 18 bucks, sometimes less if it is on sale. They also have a dark Malbec. Once you open these they stay fresh for several weeks. It works out well and guests haven't complained about either of these. TBH, I think most folks have a hard time discerning the difference between something like what you get in a Bota box, and bottles costing several times more. It seems to get the job done for table wine.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Getting some rain here, the outer bands hitting now and then, added a gallon of chlorine to the pool, wifes making a crock pot of veggie soup, I'll make some chicken breast separately.

Biggest worry for inland is flooding, we won't get the wind problems here for the most part, maybe a few trees, branches down.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yall stay safe, I am selfishly glad for the rain it will bring here

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh well, any Port in a storm.

Big Grin

Take care, guys!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
My wife made an excellent Stilton soup!

quote:
quote:
Beer. Check.

Posts: 2061 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
In Ft Myers I panicked today filled the car and 5 gas cans.
No flooding by me JUST but only 1 mile north of the river.
Will not get wind until maybe 3AM local its the damn Tornadoes that worry me now or some eject taking out a power pole the generator is up and ready.
Keep Safe all you people up in the NW of Florida.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2418 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Port and Stilton?? you sound like a fellow Brit.
Have any Carr's crackers?
Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
My wife made an excellent Stilton soup!

quote:
quote:
Beer. Check.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2418 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the conversion factor to change cubits to feet?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Bill Cosby to God

You want me to build an ARK??
What's a CUBIT ??

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Does anyone know the conversion factor to change cubits to feet?

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

posted Hide Post
1 cubit = 6 headbreaths = 1.5ft

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in Pinellas just a bit west of Edmond's location (I think). Expecting a bunch of rain and some wind, hopefully nothing else.

We're stocked up with food and water in the event of a power outage, grill is secure and ready in the garage and we are as prepared as we can be. Current path has it off the coast a hundred or so miles but we know those devils can change course when one least expects it. And we are on what they call the "wet side," so more effects from the storm.

Bob

Posts: 1678 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Here it comes! Winds out of the east picked up about 10 minutes ago and it just started raining.

Stay safe folks.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Yep Washington State looks more inviting every month.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We’re going to be OK this time, but that just means someone somewhere else is screwed.

Guess who is broadcasting live from Tallahassee? None other than Jim Cantore! I guess I got that right after all. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
We're here in Tallahassee, lots attention being paid last night to this thing getting lot stronger, right now still sorting itself out. We'll see I reckon.

With the exception of a year in Korea, we've been in south or north Florida since 1986 so have seen a few storms. I don't think anyone in their right mind looks forward to the experience, other than our man Cantore and his merry band of attention seekers. As we all know of course. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1974 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Our man does a good Florida Man:

For a little more levity, here’s my son Florida Boy:

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
Yep Washington State looks more inviting every month.

Too bad their gun laws suck.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post