SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, I spoke with JALLEN
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today, I spoke with JALLEN Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I called up JALLEN today because I was concerned about his absence. As more than a few of you know, he's not well.
JALLEN hasn't been with us because he's not feeling up to par. He had to quit his band a few months back, and sold his tuba.

I had a very pleasant conversation with him. I don't normally pick up the phone and call members, but Jim is in a special category in this forum, and I was quite concerned at his absence.

I don't know if we can expect Jim to be a regular contributor from now on, but this is certainly not because he wants it this way, nor because we here who know him want it this way.

I told Jim I'd like to start a thread in his honor, wherein the members can send him a kind word, and he can read the thread. Perhaps he may even respond.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Feel better and please continue to post, I for one read every single one of them!

Mike

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I was just wondering about him last night while perusing the Lounge.

JALLEN, hope for you much comfort and peace. I have always enjoyed your thoughtful and wise posts.

Posts: 5198 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
JALLEN is a Sig Forum rock star. I have always read all of his posts, and I have learned a lot from him. I hope he feels better very soon.

Jim, we hope we can hear from you soon!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Have always gravitated to your posts. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and making SF what it is.

You are in my prayers.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Wish you God's hand in you hours of need and hope you are feeling better soon. Although not a great contributor here I never the less spend lots of time reading the things posted. I have always enjoyed your post and have learned a lot from them.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Get well, Jim!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you made contact with him, but I do hate to hear he is not feeling well.

I miss seeing his posts, they are always full of wisdom and good old fashioned common sense.

Jim, if you see this know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you start feeling better.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Your posting presence and wisdom is missed, and as a forum we're missing something with the loss.

I pray that your health betters.

Thank you for your meaningful contributions to our community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Our thoughts are with you this evening.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

Sorry to hear you are having health problems. You will be in my prayers.

Hopefully every now and then you are well enough to post some of your excellent articles and give a little of the insight you normally share with us.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunthelp:
Jim,
Have always gravitated to your posts. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and making SF what it is.
You are in my prayers.

Same here.
I was just commenting in a thread today that the subject made me think of and miss JALLEN.

Get well, Jim!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear your not feeling well.
Please, rest up, follow doctors orders, and get well soon.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and prayers for you Jim.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking steps to find out about JALLEN's health.

Jim, sorry you're not feeling well and sincere wishes for a dramatic improvement, and soon. Know that you are missed. I've learned a lot reading your posts over the years. You do a great job of zeroing in on topics of interest to the group, conducting thorough research, posting pertinent articles, and offering thoughtful analysis.

Get well
T

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Please be well Jim. I always enjoy your posts.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

Do not think for a moment that your posts do not matter. You sir, are one who's posts I looked for and read -

Thank you for the many years of contributions you have made to this site, and the numerous conversations you have spurred.

To add...

IANAL Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed reading Jim's responses to certain topics. It was very apparent he was very knowledgeable on certain things.

Jim if you read this I hope your doing ok and able to get back to the forum.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you Jim.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I always look forward to your perspective on any subject we raise on Sigforum.

One former tuba player to another, feel better and know your friends are thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post