SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global War?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global War? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nuclear Double Flash.

http://wordpress.mrreid.org/20...uclear-double-flash/

I remember this from reading about the Vela incident:

the dual light flashes associated with an atmospheric nuclear explosion: the initial brief, intense flash, followed by a second, longer flash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_incident

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Perhaps my eyes aren't as good as they used to be but to me there is an impact flash, then a quick flash, then the semi spherical explosion flash.

Was that a tactical nuke?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Perhaps my eyes aren't as good as they used to be but to me there is an impact flash, then a quick flash, then the semi spherical explosion flash.

Was that a tactical nuke?

Don't know, but that perfectly symmetrical fireball looks pretty suspicious.

Putin is a crazy SOB, moreso lately, but I don't know if he's that crazy.

Not exactly Tsar Bomba, but it was a big bomba.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I think if a nuke went off, we'd know it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Eerily similar to the explosion 2yrs ago at an ammo depot in Russia.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I think if a nuke went off, we'd know it.

We might know it, but would WE know it?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

Good point.

But still, probably.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Not much getting out from Ukraine as to live video feeds.
However, it seems the audio from Kyiv cameras pick up active shooting from 04:40 AM til 05:50 AM almost like clockwork the last few nights.

About 10 minutes away if they keep the same timing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
How is there no actual battle footage yet?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
For those like me that wanted some history that was easy to digest:

Do the members with more direct info agree with at least some of it?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is there no actual battle footage yet?

There is. Cell phone videos of combat captured by participants and nearby civilians. Media footage from embedded reporters and independent cameramen. Some officially released Ukrainian drone footage. Etc.

There are a few subreddits being updated with a constant stream of Ukrainian war footage, like r/CombatFootage and r/UkraineWarReports. It's just not being shown on the US national/local news.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Do the members with more direct info agree with at least some of it?

I can't speak to some of the statistics that were listed, and there are additional facts not mentioned that could give even greater context... but, yeah, that's a fairly accurate down-the-middle assessment of the history and situation.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

There are a few subreddits being updated with Ukrainian war footage. It's just not really being shown on the national news.

Yeah, that's a problem for me. Everything is on Twitter and Reddit. I'm supposed to trust anything coming from those sources?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Same as you'd trust anything coming from the traditional media... With a big grain of salt.

Sounds like your question is really "How is there no actual combat footage being spoon-fed to me on the evening news yet?"

This is the reality of the modern world. When something notable happens, folks capture video footage, and upload it to social media (Twitter/Youtube/Reddit/etc.).

They don't capture footage then call Fox News to say "I have some video footage that I'd like you to show on the news this evening".

The vast majority of US combat footage captured in Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria/etc. was never shown on the news. But you can watch hours and hours of it on YouTube and Reddit.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Well, guess they changed the timing.
At 05:00 there were a few explosions, but that was it. Perhaps this will be a quiet evening for them.

I honestly have know idea as to how successful either side is doing.

Seems the U.S. Military maybe the only ones to bring along news crews.
In my opinion to our detriment.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
FUNKER530 has some uploaded videos. Whether they are just reposts from other unvetted sources, I don’t know, but they are there.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was posted in the other thread and pulls together a lot of points:

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Ukraine’s Deadly Gamble

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...raines-deadly-gamble

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Same as you'd trust anything coming from the traditional media... With a big grain of salt.

Sounds like your question is really "How is there no actual combat footage being spoon-fed to me on the evening news yet?"

Uhhh, no. Not all. I don't watch the evening news or cable news. But I'm not digging through subreddits either. YouTube just had quick little short videos. I'm just not seeing actual battles being fought. But as you say, perhaps that's just the nature of it today.

But for Putin being supposedly bogged down, I'm not seeing why. Are there actual war correspondents anymore?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I'm not digging through subreddits either.

Minimal digging needed. Here's a good one to keep an eye on. It's currently dominated by Ukraine for obvious reasons, but usually also has a decent mix of other combat footage from older to more recent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/

If it helps, you can just think of it as a Combat Footage YouTube channel, just in a different format. Big Grin

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When that asshole shot up Las Vegas someone in a group I was in posted video live while it was happening. Info flows a hell of a lot faster than the news could ever dream of going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post