SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2022 MLB playoffs
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 MLB playoffs Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
5 to go & still tied up

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice job by the Stros to get out of the top of the 7th. I think the commentators are spot on; whoever gets hot first will win the Series. Go Phils!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Into the 10th we go
Good hit by Phil, pressure's on...

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Good play Phillies
On to game 2
Triple sweep off the table

posted Hide Post
Way to go Phillies!

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Wahoo!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the bonus is I didn’t have to listen to Joe Buck. It’s a good night!

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I don't care for the Phillies but not as much as the Eagles. that said, I like cinderella teams so I'm rooting for them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8341 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I can’t stand either team left, I wish there was a way for both teams to lose! Dusty blew that game by leaving Verlander in too long.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here we go again. Except for the real champions '93-'95 Rockets, Houston will always be known as Choke City, when it comes to major sports. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great game, hope they are all that good.

Posts: 413 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s a Philadelphia year, I think the Eagles will be in the Super Bowl this year too.

Sorry Houston

Posts: 33754 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Game 1 went from a breeze lead to a nail biter. Came close to turning it at the end, but Phil had our number.
Hope their catcher didn't take too much of a ring with that ball to the mask.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Verlander is great till he gets to the World Series then he is just real good.

Typical Houston style we have to make things interesting.

Lets Go Framber!

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Here we go again. Except for the real champions '93-'95 Rockets, Houston will always be known as Choke City, when it comes to major sports. Lol.

C'mon man. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

This is a joke. If anyone is actually visiting don’t go near the either one of these unsafe malls.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23203 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Didn't even know Sharpstown Mall was still in operation. My dad grew up in Sharpstown & I remember my grandmother taking me there as a child.
Greens[guns]point hasn't been a 'mall' for a few years. Not sure if there's even access into the mall apart from the gym, which stays surprisingly busy.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've only been to Gunspoint/Greenspoint Mall once and that was 20+ years ago. I was in Houston on a business trip, and traffic to the airport had been light so I was going to be stupid early for my flight. I thought I'd stop in the mall and kill a little time. At the time, there was a police station in the mall and one of the officers inquired what I was doing there. He promptly suggested I turn around and wait for my flight at the airport.

I've only been to Sharpstown mall once and that was soon after I had moved to Houston the first time (~'05). I was contemplating buying a home gym and the nearest distributor of a brand I wanted was in the mall. I called ahead to make sure they had it and also inquired if it was safe as I was new to Houston. The idiot on the phone said yes to both, and neither ended up being true.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23203 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I drive by Greenspoint 2x/day & have watched it progressively lose retailers & whittle down to just the gym, even the police substation is gone, not sure if the movie theater is still operational, as it's on the side not visible from 45/BW8.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've worked at a retail AV Store (more Audio than Video back then ~ late 70's) that had stores in those malls Greenspoint, Sharpstown and others.
Kind of sad that the mall ecosphere has deteriorated but it is not unique for any Houston mall ~ it is pretty much the same everywhere around the country, maybe a few exceptions but only in the real high dollar malls/areas.
The "area" of town really had little to do directly with the demise of malls.
That is an evolution of business.
Eek

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post