SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Three teens who will never commit armed robbery again.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three teens who will never commit armed robbery again. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Three on one with two armed BGs armed. Good shooting. Bring on the aspiring fill in the blank stories about children that would never hurt a fly.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

Fox News

A Georgia homeowner fatally shot three teenagers who were purportedly trying to rob him and two others on Monday night, officials said.

The teenagers — ages 15, 16 and 16 — approached the residence in Conyers, a city roughly 25 miles southeast of Atlanta, with their faces covered in masks, according to the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

The trio "attempted to rob three individuals in the front yard" of the home, and one of the teenagers "brandished a gun and fired shots" at those in the front yard.

One of the intended victims of the attempted robbery returned fire, shooting all three teenagers, authorities said in a news release. One of the teenagers died at the scene, while the two others died at a nearby hospital.

Sheriff Eric Levett said deputies responded to the scene after a report of shots fired. When they arrived, the dead teenager was bordering the street and the driveway, and one of the other teens who was shot "was a little bit down the street, where it appears he was running."

Investigators said the three people who were on the Conyers property and neighbors have been interviewed, but no one has been charged. Levett confirmed two weapons were found at the scene and told reporters it's possible this could be a "stand-your-ground" type of case, based upon preliminary information.

Witness Carlos Watson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he woke up to the "sounds of gunfire."

“I heard somebody yell for help ... then I heard it again, and that’s when I came outside,” Watson said. “There was one gentleman laid out and our neighbor Mr. Jenkins was helping him out.”

He said the situation seems to have been "a home invasion that went bad for the invaders," and said the community is a "nice area" that doesn't see random crime often.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
How is it that defend my life is now defined as 'stand your ground'?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
How is it that defend my life is now defined as 'stand your ground'?

The article also refers to it as a "home invasion", so who knows what really happened before the journalist got their hands on the story.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the feel good story for the day

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting incident, according to another article I saw, this happened in the front yard at 4AM.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
It's an interesting incident, according to another article I saw, this happened in the front yard at 4AM.

Also saw a quote from a neighbor that the homeowner was a truck driver and kept odd hours. I can see that, he likely might have just gotten home or could have been up to go to work. Also said his mother lived there.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Raises my eyebrow a bit. More to the story for sure.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Three dead thugs - no matter if they're put down by a homeowner, Mother Theresa or another thug - is still a good thing.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Two of the dead teens have been identified. I'm going out on limb and guessing the home-owner is not white, otherwise the media would be working overtime to make this another Zimmerman-Martin shitstorm.

https://www.11alive.com/articl...98-b06e-d655c76c7ab0

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
“They was loving, they was brothers," said LaShawn Thornton, their aunt, Monday evening, speaking of how close they were to each other.

The brothers' aunt, Thornton, said the family is aching for answers, wondering why the teens went out in the middle of the night wearing masks, wondering why they would have confronted the other family, wondering if the teens had been shot in the back as they were running away, wondering why the three members of the other family--the homeowner, his mother and one other person--were outside in their front yard at 4:00 a.m., wondering why the teens would have walked all the way down that street to the last house in the cul-de-sac, wondering what ballistics tests will show, anxious to get answers about everything.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Two of the dead teens have been identified. I'm going out on limb and guessing the home-owner is not white, otherwise the media would be working overtime to make this another Zimmerman-Martin shitstorm.

https://www.11alive.com/articl...98-b06e-d655c76c7ab0

quote:
"I hope that someone can come forward and let us know what’s going on. Because this is, like, devastating to my family. There are three teens that are dead, now," she said. “And we all loved them.”

Let me explain it to you auntie, as simply as possible. Your nephews put on masks and tried to rob the wrong man and paid for it with their lives. Maybe you should try figuring out what's wrong with your brother/sister and figure why the hell these kids were allowed to roam the street armed with masks at 4AM.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
“They was loving, they was brothers," said LaShawn Thornton, their aunt, Monday evening, speaking of how close they were to each other.

Should have taught they not to be little maggots and maybe they brothers would still be earning you extra ebt credits.
I'll toast the homeowners marksmanship later tonight.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Show up at a house wearing masks and brandishing firearms at 4 am and don't be surprised if you run into a wall of lead.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2090 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
They dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
They dead.

Guess they won't be turning their lives around, eh?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Easy answers for the Aunt.

They were unsupervised little POSs who probably have Juvenile records.

The three VICTIMS, in their own yard, were probably either going to or coming home from WORK. Something that is alien to those who breed unsupervised little POSs.

The ballistics will show, whatever it was, had excellent penetration and expansion and let out lots of fluid while letting in lots of air. Effectively ending the threat from three unsupervised POSs who shot at the victims.

When you figure in lifetime encarceration costs, the savings to the taxpayer here was quite substantial. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ryanp225:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HRK:
“They was loving, they was brothers," said LaShawn Thornton, their aunt, Monday evening, speaking of how close they were to each other./QUOTE]

I'm taking a wild guess here, with my wild guess being that with an aunt called 'LaShawn', that these three little [now] angels came from the part of the population where names like that are rather more common than would otherwise be the case.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not an unexpected outcome for their chosen course of action.

Play a man's game, you have to Pay the man's price.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Show up at a house wearing masks and brandishing firearms at 4 am and don't be surprised if you run into a wall of lead.
Especially in Jawja.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The interview w/ the neighbor, it sounds like it was pistol vs. semi-auto rifle. The neighbor knows the victim owns AR and the police removed one from the house (according the the neighbor).
He described the shooting as pop-pop-pop, then BOOM!-BOOM!-BOOM!-BOOM!

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post