SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheap things you do that you aren't ashamed to admit.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap things you do that you aren't ashamed to admit. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I suppose I’m cheap when it comes to motorcycles. I prefer to scoop up a wrecked bike for less than a grand, fix it up and give it a 2nd lease on life. Most times I end up doing pretty ok. I certainly pay less on insurance to keep a fleet of older bikes versus a new Panigale or Street Fighter V4.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Love this thread! Thank you for starting it Aeteocles.

- I fill up gas only at the station by my house, literally .20-.25 cheaper than anyone else
- Dinner at home at least 5 nights a week
- I brew my own coffee, seriously this has saved me hundreds of dollars a month
- Always save condiment packs
- Purchase meat in quantity and vacuum seal.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I use a grandfathered, limited data, T Mobile plan. Get me, the wife, her two parents, and a random friend all on the same plan for cheap. I buy current generation, lightly used phones, keep them in good shape, and then sell them in a year or two.

I pay for Netflix, but share it with my brother and his family, and my sister and her family. And my parents. And my wife's parents.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
When loading my SP2022 17 round mags for carry, the first 6 rounds at the top are Federal HST. The remaining 11 rounds at the bottom of the mag are Winchester White Box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: radioman,

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11086 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reload every thing that I have guns for except for rim fire, I buy reloading components n bulk, primers by at least 1000, powder in 4 & 8 pound jugs, I cast some bullets and buy cheep cast or jacketed bullets except for self defense ammo . When I go to the public range I pick up all the brass that I see, before I pick up someone’s brass I ask them if they want it. When I get home if the brass is dirty I wash it, let it dry, sort out the verdant, dented and really scratched up stuff, sort it by caliber and commercial or military, bag it in used ziplock bags with the quantity and caliber on it. I keep the brass that I can use and take the rest to gun shows and sell them to commercial reloaders or the guys that sell reloading stuff. Brass that is left I put in classified sections of gun websites. I cut my own grass, built my shed, roofed it, I painted my house inside and out, I painted my shed. I changed the oil in our vehicles. I catch or kill most of the meat we eat. I pulled up all the carpet in my house and re-did all the floors, ceramic tile, asphalt tile, hard wood. I gutted and re-plumbed the toilets, installed medicine cabinets. Built our dining room table ( maple butcher block with 6 inch stack laminate legs) I built out tv table (it was originally built as a changing table with storage shelves for our kids) I also built a cabinet to house our first microwave ( we were living in a apartment with limited counter space) I do not have a shop but I do have a friend who is a cabinetmaker who lets me use his shop in return for me helping him build, sand or install cabinets, I have also helped a Plummer friend in his business so if I have a problem I can call him for advice or help at little or no cost.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I make either deer meat burritos or chicken fajitas for lunch at work 4 days a week; I use the same ziploc all for days before pitching it.

Don’t know if this qualifies or is just an example of something that flat out works; this is a snack chip container (can’t even remember which kind). I’ve been using it for goldfish or cheese it’s in my lunches for...the last 20 years. No exaggeration. 20.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too rinse out Solo cups and reuse them . When I retired I had about a dozen uniform shirts that I cut in half and made shop rags for the garage . Same with old T-shirts that are too stained or worn out . The plastic bags that my grocery store uses are thicker than the average bag so we keep a drawer full of those for counter top trash bags . Fill up the bag and walk it out to the can in the garage and not fill up the kitchen can so fast .

Posts: 4236 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I fix my own vehicles.

Oil changes are easy-peasy. Clearing a P1494 powertrain code is not.

I found a Harmon/Kardon bluetooth navigation radio at the local salvage yard for $20. Pulled a DVD changer with the wiring harness for another $20. Some day I'll yank a screen and wire in the back up camera.

My other ride has an Alpine navigation setup (but only a CD changer) and that sucker set me back a whopping thirty bucks!

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I never throw away a cotton tshirt. They are cut into cleaning patches. I’ll never have to buy patches again. That’s cheap enough I reckon.

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
One the rare chance I get breakfast at McDonald’s, sausage McMuffin is $1, with egg is $3.49. Scrambled egg on the side is $1.49.

I order sausage muffin no egg and side of scrambled egg, then put the egg on the muffin myself and save $1.

Bonus, with a side of scramble eggs you actually get more egg than they put on the sandwich if ordered with egg.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11207 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
maruchan or top ramen soups...

enough said. Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Use a teabag to brew more than one cup.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not purchased a bucket in 25 years,
I just grab one of the kitty litter buckets from
the lady in the Apt. next door, out of the recycle bin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bonus, with a side of scramble eggs you actually get more egg than they put on the sandwich if ordered with egg.

And it's a fresh egg, cracked on the grill, not frozen like the one that comes on the sandwich. Tastes much better.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Clipping coupons. I am the grocery shopper of the house. Over the years, I couldn't say how many nights I've spent reading Sigforum while clipping. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2895 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I would say hand-loading my precision rifle rounds but I don't think I am saving any money albeit I do get a great accurate round. Smile

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
grow my own ganja.

supplement my whiskey needs via white whiskey. me and some others go buy bulk mats as needed. family friend is quite skilled in moon-shining.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post