SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Mueller report proves that it's time to investigate the investigators
BY TOM FITTON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 05/13/19 09:30 AM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/opinion/cr...te-the-investigators

...... "What is missing from the Mueller report is an honest discussion about the origins of the unverified hearsay in the “Steele dossier” that formed the underpinning of the unprecedented spying effort against Trump and his campaign. But looking ahead, the Steele dossier, its genesis and the actions of members of the Obama administration who exploited it to target the Trump campaign, are very much in the crosshairs. Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's investigation of the abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act process will soon conclude, and may result in criminal referrals. Attorney General Barr also promises an even broader investigation of "Spygate" abuses.

And the abuses were not limited to the Justice Department. The U.S. intelligence community was politicized to an extent never seen in history; the State Department played a role in pushing the sham collusion story. And President Obama almost certainly knew about and approved the spying being conducted on the Trump campaign."......

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Justin Amash (R-MI) has been compromised. I wonder what the dems have on him - he votes to the left of Pelosi.

Republican Rep. Justin Amash says Trump committed 'impeachable conduct'
Amash becomes the first congressional Republican to say impeachment is a proper response to the Mueller report.

Michigan Republican Congressman Justin Amash made headlines Saturday by declaring on Twitter that President Trump deserved impeachment. The media was quick to promote his position and advance an anti-Trump narrative. However, a review of Amash’s financial interests quickly reveals a very personal business motive. His family tool business is heavily invested in Chinese manufacturing.

https://theconservativetreehou...n-china/#more-163923

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Justin Amash (R-MI) has been compromised. I wonder what the dems have on him - he votes to the left of Pelosi.

Republican Rep. Justin Amash says Trump committed 'impeachable conduct'
Amash becomes the first congressional Republican to say impeachment is a proper response to the Mueller report.

Michigan Republican Congressman Justin Amash made headlines Saturday by declaring on Twitter that President Trump deserved impeachment. The media was quick to promote his position and advance an anti-Trump narrative. However, a review of Amash’s financial interests quickly reveals a very personal business motive. His family tool business is heavily invested in Chinese manufacturing.

https://theconservativetreehou...n-china/#more-163923

===========================================

Yup, all you have to do is FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Who said that first?
Thanks Feersum dreadnaught.

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Justin Amash (R-MI) has been compromised. I wonder what the dems have on him
This is the very same crap that the leftists pull, the very same claims of some conspiracy. They can't offer any specifics, but boy oh boy, they just KNOW that somebody's an agent of yadda yadda...

Do you think it was the Russians? It was probably the Russians. The Russians are probably his blackmailers. Pretty sure it's the Russians whaddayathink? Gotta be the Russians. Russians for sure. I just KNOW it.

Let's avoid the spy thriller BS, please. Leave these kinds of silly claims to the leftists. It looks damn silly on the pages of this forum.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Oh boy! Michigan has plenty to be ashamed of from the Mi. Democrats, now the Republicans are starting as well. What the hell is happening in this once great state?
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Amash has probably signed his own political death warrant. I can't see his constituency giving this a pass, and the RNC will give him precious little support going forward.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
5 things to watch as Trump, Dems clash over investigations

THE HILL: https://thehill.com/policy/nat...-over-investigations

The article has a discussion on each of the following points:

What’s the Dem strategy on punishing officials who don’t comply?

Does Trump assert executive privilege to block witnesses?

How do the fights over Mueller’s report, testimony play out?

How do the courts rule on subpoenas?

How long can the White House delay?

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
POLITICO >> https://www.politico.com/story...-senate-left-1331577

“[Mitch McConnel's] enemies have given him more personality than he’s given himself,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham. “And he’s smart enough to play the game.” | Drew Angerer/Getty Images

"Call him “Cocaine Mitch,” “Nuclear Mitch,” or the steward of the “legislative graveyard.” Mitch McConnell says he’s the “Grim Reaper” anyway, so he’s loving every minute of it."...........

Big Grin good story I think

Photo image came out "kinda large". I will erase it if this is a problem- let me know.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Oh boy! Michigan has plenty to be ashamed of from the Mi. Democrats, now the Republicans are starting as well. What the hell is happening in this once great state?
Rod
I left it in 1960.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Trump just SLAMMED Chris Wallace on Twitter about his BS wasted airtime advocacy of "Mayor Pete." The President noted that Alfred E Neuman would never be Pres. lolololololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
THE HILL

>>> https://thehill.com/homenews/a...have-nuclear-weapons

Trump: 'I will not let Iran have nuclear weapons'
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 05/19/19 11:23 PM EDT

This is coverage of the President's interview with Steve Hilton of Fox News.

""I will not let Iran have nuclear weapons," Trump told Fox News host Steve Hilton. "I don’t want to fight. But you do have situations like Iran, you can’t let them have nuclear weapons — you just can’t let that happen.”

Video of the interview is provided.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Trump just SLAMMED Chris Wallace on Twitter about his BS wasted airtime advocacy of "Mayor Pete." The President noted that Alfred E Neuman would never be Pres. lolololololololololol

===============================================

Actually, having Democrat candidates on Fox may be beneficial in that the Democrats will turn to Fox to watch their candidates interviewed.

In the process perhaps a few will accidentally become enlightened . . . .

Yes, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but a few may stick around Roll Eyes to see some real news.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is probably as good a place as any to put this. Dave Morrison on the Democrats in 2019. It really is pretty good, and it’s NOT all about abortion.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

What the HELL is going on with Fox News lately? They seem to be trying to remake themselves into MSNBC-lite these days and I found it shameful that Wallace would just let Buggity-Giggedy smear several of the remaining conservative FNC people like that. Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Fox News has changed - I guess they need Wallace to be a Trump-hating troll to give them the fair and balanced approach

but you can than the Murdochs for the current state

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Brian Kilmeade this morning punched back at that little weasel for being too much of a coward to ever actually go on those shows. And I agree. He wouldn't get away with the crap he pulled with Wallace if he were on with Tucker. Good for Kilmeade for sticking up for his colleagues. It was also an indirect way to slam Wallace as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

What the HELL is going on with Fox News lately? They seem to be trying to remake themselves into MSNBC-lite these days and I found it shameful that Wallace would just let Buggity-Giggedy smear several of the remaining conservative FNC people like that. Mad

===========================================

Actually, having Democrat candidates, commentators, and such on Fox may be beneficial in that the Democrats will turn to Fox to watch their candidates interviewed.

In the process perhaps a few will accidentally become enlightened . . . .

Yes, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but a few may stick around Roll Eyes to see some real news and conservative views.

Also, boosting the viewers numbers sells advertising better.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 5/20/19

Description

INTERVIEW – JOE DIGENOVA – legal analyst and former US attorney to the District of Columbia

AG Bill Barr tells Fox News public must know if officials ‘put their thumb on the scale’ in Russia probe. In an exclusive interview with Fox News, Attorney General William Barr explained that he is trying to get to the bottom of whether or not “government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale” during the early stages of the Russia probe. “I’ve been trying to get answers to the questions and I’ve found that a lot of the answers have been inadequate and some of the explanations I’ve gotten don’t hang together, in a sense I have more questions today than when I first started,” Barr told Fox News’ Bill Hemmer in an interview set to air Friday on “America’s Newsroom.”
MSNBC’s Wallace airs “disclaimer” before showing “potentially dangerous” Barr interview
FACE THE NATION: Rep. Adam Schiff says impeachment proceedings against President Trump could be a “tool” to get information and evidence that the administration is blocking from Congress
JAMES COMEY: The AG should stop sliming his own Department. If there are bad facts, show us, or search for them professionally and then tell us what you found. An AG must act like the leader of the Department of Justice, an organization based on truth. Donald Trump has enough spokespeople.
GOWDY: FBI HAS PAPADOPOULOS TRANSCRIPTS THAT ARE POTENTIAL ‘GAME-CHANGER.’ During an interview on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures,” Gowdy indicated he has seen FBI transcripts related to Papadopoulos that contain potentially exculpatory information on the question of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government. “If the bureau’s going to send in an informant in, the informant’s going to be wired, and if the bureau is monitoring telephone calls, there’s going to be a transcript of that,” Gowdy told host Maria Bartiromo. “Some of us have been fortunate enough to know whether or not those transcripts exist. But they haven’t been made public, and I think one in particular is going — it has the potential to actually persuade people. Very little in this Russia probe I’m afraid is going to persuade people who hate Trump or love Trump. But there is some information in these transcripts that has the potential to be a game-changer if it’s ever made public.”
Judge orders release of transcripts of Flynn Russian contacts. (The Hill) – The judge presiding over former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s case on Thursday ordered federal prosecutors to release transcripts of the Flynn’s conversations with Russian officials. District Judge Emmet Sullivan also ordered the release of a transcript of a voicemail left for Flynn that purportedly “could have affected both his willingness to cooperate and the completeness of that cooperation,” according to one court document. That voicemail apparently refers to a message left for Flynn’s attorneys by one of President Trump’s personal attorneys, reminding Flynn of the president’s “warm feelings” for him after the former administration official started cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Sullivan additionally ordered that federal prosecutors also make public parts of the redacted Mueller report that relate to Flynn. The judge, a Clinton appointee, gave the Department of Justice a May 31 deadline for all of those documents. The release of the previously hidden documents would disclose even further details into Flynn’s own contacts with Russians and what Mueller found during the course of his investigation. The judge has similarly ordered he be given the audio of the voicemail in question, as well as that of calls between Flynn and Russians, opening the door for Sullivan to publicly release them. Flynn has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI about his contact with the Russian ambassador. He has not yet been sentenced and has been cooperating with federal investigators since his December 2017 plea. Sullivan’s order came shortly after prosecutors agreed to unseal some documents in Flynn’s case, revealing more details about his cooperation with the special counsel’s investigation.
FLYNN FILING SHOWS ADMIN CONSIDERED REACHING OUT TO WIKILEAKS AFTER PUBLICATION OF CLINTON EMAILS. (Breitbart News) — According to the filing, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn told investigators that it was only after the email dump on October 7, 2016, that Trump campaign officials discussed reaching out to WikiLeaks.
BAKER VIEWED THE DOSSIER SKEPTICALLY BUT IT WAS USED ANYWAY (Daily Caller) — Former FBI general counsel James Baker said Friday he viewed the Steele dossier “skeptically” and was “concerned” about the veracity of the document when the bureau received it before the 2016 election. But despite those concerns, Baker was one of the FBI officials who reviewed the Carter Page surveillance warrant application, which relied heavily on information from the dossier.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WH response to Nadler (DEM) trying to force WH lawyer McGahn to testify

last para of memo from DoJ Office of Legal Counsel re McGahn

"Please let us know if we may be of further assistance" nice touch

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joey D 5/20/19

Description

INTERVIEW – JOE DIGENOVA – legal analyst and former US attorney to the District of Columbia

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cliff, that is an excellent post!

Thank You ! We want more Cool