SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don't understand this ruling

President Trump didn't end DACA

it was designed to end on a date certain

that date came, the program ended

President Trump had a choice to renew it, and she chose not to

but the DACA program was a Zippy invention to get around a Congress that would have killed it in the House

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Trump may be on track to flip 9th Circuit to Republican by 2020:

quote:
Trump on Track to Flip the Ninth Circuit to Republican by 2020
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
With the confirmation of Kenneth Kiyul Lee to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday, President Trump is on track to flip the notoriously liberal court to Republican by 2020.

According to National Review's Ed Whelan, Lee will be filling a seat that was held for decades by "arch-activist Stephen Reinhardt."

And there's nothing but good news for Republicans on the horizon, Whelan says:

Up soon for a floor vote—next week, I hope—should be Ninth Circuit nominee Daniel P. Collins. [Update (3 p.m.): Cloture has been filed on the Collins nomination, so it should be voted on next week.] Collins would fill the seat long held by Harry Pregerson, the Ninth Circuit judge with the strongest claim to rival Reinhardt in lawless willfulness.
The appointments of Lee and Collins would give the Ninth Circuit 11 Republican appointees versus 16 Democratic appointees, with two remaining vacancies. At the start of the Trump administration, the Ninth Circuit had 19 Democratic appointees, only 6 Republican appointees, and four vacancies.

According to Whelan, "eight of the 16 Democratic appointees are eligible to take senior status, and a ninth soon will be, but there is no particular reason to expect any of them to elect that option."

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“President Donald Trump said Friday that there was no way for him to know that retired Army General Michael Flynn was under investigation while he was still campaigning in 2016.

Trump lamented that he should have been informed of the investigation while he was campaigning against Hillary Clinton since there was a 50/50 chance at the time that he would be become president.

'It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge,' Trump tweeted Friday morning. 'It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?' …”

https://mol.im/a/7041945

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
The Hill: Trump says campaign was 'conclusively spied on,' calls it 'treason'

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...-on-calls-it-treason

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I don't understand this ruling

President Trump didn't end DACA

it was designed to end on a date certain

that date came, the program ended

President Trump had a choice to renew it, and she chose not to

but the DACA program was a Zippy invention to get around a Congress that would have killed it in the House

===========================================

I guess this is what it is all about:
".... Attorneys for the Trump administration argued that the decision to rescind DACA was an agency decision, and therefore did not have to made available for public comment and other procedures required under the Administrative Procedure Act (APA).

While the court agreed that the decision didn’t have to undergo a public comment period, they said administration officials still violated the federal law by not fully explaining its decision to rescind DACA."
==============================================
Roll Eyes
But, I wonder if this is the end of the road for legal arguement, or can / will this go to a higher court?

Legal Beagles of SF - what do you say???

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to Whelan, "eight of the 16 Democratic appointees are eligible to take senior status, and a ninth soon will be, but there is no particular reason to expect any of them to elect that option."

How can we encourage them to take The Long Walk?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi, third in line to be POTUS in an emergency, on a roll:

https://d6n6n9x6.ssl.hwcdn.net.../6/5cdd6f90e5192.mp4

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
^^^^Frightening!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
She's barely firing on 3 of 8 cylinders.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
She's barely firing on 3 of 8 cylinders.

More likely one of four. I seriously doubt she ever had six cylinders, much less eight.

ETA: Still, you gotta give her credit. It isn’t just anybody who can make a box of rocks look smart.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump 'deserves' Khashoggi treatment, Maher guest Fran Lebowitz says before backpedaling.

Fox News > https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-khashoggi-treatment

I think I can almost hear the darkened window black crown vics pulling up her driveway as we speak...... Roll Eyes

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
AP story:
Step by step: Democrats play the long game against Trump

>> https://apnews.com/b1005ff321144a58856cd1d43937dc03

^^^^ can someone help me and re-size this image? I think it is too big, but I don't know how to resize it. Thanks.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
From the Gateway Pundit:

EXCLUSIVE: Junk Anti-Trump Russia Steele Dossier Appears Tampered With – Pages Were Replaced

>>> https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...pages-were-replaced/

"The Steele dossier was a made up hodgepodge of bogus reports collated into an enormous pile of rubbish. It’s shocking to think that the US Intelligence agencies used this sophomoric report to spy on the President of the US!"
Hat tip D. Manny and her Internet sleuths

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

How can we encourage them to take The Long Walk?

Send them to a nice vacation retreat at Cibolo Creek Ranch.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sounds like Mueller's attack dog Andrew Weissmann has indeed left the DoJ.

https://www.wral.com/mueller-p...int-in-nyc/18392273/

One of Robert Mueller's top lieutenants in the special counsel's pressure-cooker probe embroiling President Donald Trump has returned to private life only to get a more mundane and unexpected legal assignment: Juror in a slip-and-fall case.

Andrew Weissmann was picked for a New York City jury at a civil trial where there was a verdict on Thursday partially siding with a woman who sued a food market where she claimed she fell because of a wet floor.

During jury selection, he said he went mostly unrecognized beyond revealing he was a former prosecutor who was about to begin teaching national security law and criminal procedure at New York University School of Law

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
During jury selection, he said he went mostly unrecognized beyond revealing he was a former prosecutor who was about to begin teaching national security law and criminal procedure at New York University School of Law

Just great! Eek Now we have them teaching at law schools.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Justin Amash (R-MI) has been compromised. I wonder what the dems have on him - he votes to the left of Pelosi.

Republican Rep. Justin Amash says Trump committed 'impeachable conduct'
Amash becomes the first congressional Republican to say impeachment is a proper response to the Mueller report.

That's not good. I'm in his district He represents me. He's going to get a phone call, a letter, and front row rep at his next town hall.
And obviously this will be forwarded.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Justin Amash (R-MI) has been compromised. I wonder what the dems have on him - he votes to the left of Pelosi.

Amash becomes the first congressional Republican to say impeachment is a proper response to the Mueller report.

That's not good. I'm in his district He represents me. He's going to get a phone call, a letter, and front row rep at his next town hall.
And obviously this will be forwarded.

I live in the MI 3RD too, and I can tell you that, he has been great when a libertarian-leaning (R) mattered, but now he’s just a tool for the left. He clearly hasn’t read any of the JW material about how this was all started let alone the CTH articles regarding how bogus the entire investigation was.

What a dick.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:

====================================

NBC NEWS = Fake News

i'M NOT SAYING that Amash did not flip. I'm saying the article is presented in a left slant.

Here is another article on the subject:

>> https://thehill.com/homenews/h...t-meet-threshold-for

" Amash's statements make him the first Republican in the House to come out publicly in support of impeachment proceedings, even as Democratic leadership has hesitated to bow to demands from dozens of House Democrats who support the issue and come out in support of impeachment.

Both Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) have come out against impeachment proceedings, while calling for Trump's conduct to be addressed at the ballot box.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) blasted Amash's tweets about the Mueller report Saturday evening in a statement, accusing him of "parroting" Democratic talking points.

“It’s sad to see Congressman Amash parroting the Democrats’ talking points on Russia. The only people still fixated on the Russia collusion hoax are political foes of President Trump hoping to defeat him in 2020 by any desperate means possible," said RNC Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel."