SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This will get drawn out all the way to election day with the hopes of influencing the turnout in the swing states. I've already made it to Costco to stock up on a years worth of popcorn. He's been playing Chess while the GDC's can barely play Checkers Go-Fish.

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My limited twitterverse is not clear on what Speaker Pelosi has announced or agreed to do:

Actual full blown impeachment action, or an inquiry that might lead to another inquiry regarding impeachment?

Take your best shot, Dems, but since an awful lot wanted impeachment for the crime of being elected, it will take an awful lot to move the needle to convince the country as a whole much less the Senate to convict, IF they really offer up Articles of Impeachment that Trump is truly guilty and gets what coming to him.

OTOH President Mike Pence (appointing VP Nikki Haley) doesn’t sound so bad.........

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Nothing happened to the first group of coup traitors so can we be surprised that this shit is happening again? This is just another coup attempt.

Somebody should go kick Bill Barr in the ass. Hard.

But I think that Para is right about the election. If Trump makes it clear that the communist wing of the Democrat Party is now in charge, they will get crushed in November.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I laughed out loud when she said nobody is above the law.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5406 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Speaker Pelosi Bamboozles Base by Announcing Enhanced Continuation of Status Quo….

Posted on September 24, 2019 by sundance

Today Nancy Pelosi made an announcement with forethought, optical planning, teleprompter script, and a presentation intended to look serious. But what she announced was simply a continuation of the status quo wrapped up in newly packaged lingo.

Pelosi stated she was herewith announcing an “official impeachment inquiry“. Everything remains ‘as is’, albeit with enhanced optics and new titles for the narrative engineers.

The Democrat stage managers forgot the trumpets…

Essentially she announced House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler will continue doing what House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler was already doing; only now House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, will start doing what he was doing with a new lingo.

There is not one thing different from today than yesterday, except the optics and new language to help the media hype something that doesn’t exist. Speaker Pelosi did not announce her intent to hold a house vote to authorize an impeachment investigation; she didn’t even mention the word vote at all. In essence what Speaker Pelosi has done is just satiate her base of Democrats with the fancy optics of something that doesn’t exist.

What’s the difference from Nadler’s “impeachment inquiry” yesterday, and Pelosi’s “official impeachment inquiry” today?… Nothing.

The constitution provides for the formal process to initiate articles of impeachment for a sitting president. The constitutional process begins with a vote in the House of Representatives to launch an impeachment investigation by House Committees. However, Pelosi doesn’t want to hold a vote to start the process…. so she’s just modifying the language of the status quo and instead of the House voting to authorize an “impeachment investigation”, Pelosi announces an arbitrary “impeachment inquiry” by fiat.

It’s silly.

It’s the goofiest thing in modern politics.

It would be laughable if a sizable portion of the country, driven mostly by insufferable media presentations, didn’t actually believe something new just happened.

Feel free to modify the popcorn to “official popcorn”.

https://theconservativetreehou...ation-of-status-quo/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing happened to the first group of coup traitors so can we be surprised that this shit is happening again? This is just another coup attempt.

Exactly. And it will continue to happen as long as there are ZERO consequences for doing so.

Every time I hear a leftist talk about the "law" or the "constitution " I want to vomit. And what ticks me off more than that is NO ONE on the republican side is calling them on it! Hey remember that illegal gun running operation, the weaponization of the IRS, the FISA abuse, spying on American citizens? Don't you DARE talk about the law or the constitution.

And not a single republican says a dam thing.

Defense will not not win the war we are in, only offense will. And right now Trump is the ONLY one on offense.

Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Where is the GOP ?

We need not forget those that have turned their backs.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
This could be the biggest checkmate in US political history, showing that the Democrats are fools pandering to imbeciles.
I see Trump saying, go ahead, make my day, and then dropping the unredacted call on the Dems heads.
See, ya got Nothin’ !!

Handing Trump the win for 2020.
And the Democrats did the work for him !!

They’ll claim it is doctored and falsified.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25429 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Since Pelosi did not hold a vote legally this is not an impeachment inquiry. What should happen is tomorrow a republican should introduce articles of impeachment. Force Pelosi to either bring it to a vote, or deny it from hitting the floor.

Either way the left loses.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Right. So, you see this as it is, right, guys? So, let's take it easy. This is all theater from desperate leftists. They're gonna shoot themselves in their collective ass with this stuff. So, let's be cool. Be like Fonzi.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
All this crap the dems are throwing up in an effort to discredit Trump remind me of divorced mothers talking shit to a child about their father in order to discredit him.

It virtually always backfires...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They can impeach him in the House, assuming they have the votes, which, I'm not so sure. Either way, it's DOA in the Senate. All this does is strengthen the resolve of people who are tired of this nonsense. The Dems are like a drunk guy whose drunk friends goad him into a fight with the biggest guy in the room, who is completely sober.

Posts: 107627 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
2020 Democrat campaign slogan: "Here, hold my beer."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I wait for all news items to be run through the sigforum filter. Not for bias. Just a little common sense. This forum will be very important to me in the upcoming months.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It's been a while....decided to brush up on Impeachment-101 and found this. Thought it was worth a share....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fox reporting the Intel IG found that the "whistle blower" has a political bias against President Trump.

Fox also reporting the transcript of the telephone call is nowhere near as inflammatory as DEMs are making it out to be.

https://theconservativetreehou...al-bias/#more-171889

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
What if Trump is the whistleblower? It makes as much sense as anything the dems have trotted out. Razz

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I think we can stop calling this operative a whistle-blower now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yup, another one of these:

These assholes have no shame.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post