SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Note that in their disappointment over the Mueller Report, the latest tactic of the left is to convince everyone Trump is a racist, making racist remarks, which are defined as having any disagreement with a black person.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:

He should agree and give them his 2018 tax returns showing zero income working as POTUS.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5407 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It doesn't really matter on the Primary--it is almost a sure thing that President Trump will be the Republican candidate for the General Election, and California cannot (by federal law) exclude a major candidate from its ballots (unless they pass a law that selects its Electors in some way other than by election--then it would not have any of the Presidential candidates on its ballots).

IANAL, but this is how I understand it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump is going to win with or without fucking California who care. Fuck them

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
This ad, by the Trump Team, is supposed to run in tonight's debate. I won't be watching to find out.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
==============================================
^^^^^ That is an excellent commercial. Big Grin

I watched the debates, but left immediately during commercial breaks, so unfortunately I did not see it.

Did anyone see it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HighZonie,

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump says 'The Witch Hunt Ends' after judge dismisses DNC lawsuit
BY BRETT SAMUELS 07/30/19 07:39 PM EDT

The Hill > https://thehill.com/homenews/administration
==================
"
President Trump on Tuesday celebrated a federal judge's decision to dismiss a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) related to alleged interference in the 2016 campaign, calling it a "vindication & exoneration" and declaring "The Witch Hunt Ends!"

Trump praised Judge John Koeltl, a Clinton appointee, who ruled that the Trump officials named in the lawsuit were shielded from the allegations under the First Amendment, and that Russia could not be sued in the courts for the election interference.

"Wow! A federal Judge in the Southern District of N.Y. completely dismissed a lawsuit brought by the Democratic National Committee against our historic 2016 campaign for President," Trump tweeted, calling it "yet another total & complete vindication & exoneration from the Russian, WikiLeaks and every other form of HOAX perpetrated by the DNC, Radical Democrats and others."

"This is really big 'stuff' especially coming from a highly respected judge who was appointed by President Clinton," Trump added. "The Witch Hunt Ends!"
============================
I very sincerely hope he is right about this, but I am not holding my breath...... Roll Eyes

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
time to go on the offensive

playing nice is over

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
Trump added. "The Witch Hunt Ends!"
I very sincerely hope he is right about this, but I am not holding my breath...... Roll Eyes

Well, perhaps the hunting of the witch with the Russian accent ends.

However, no President deserves impeachment more than Trump because....reasons!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration said Wednesday it will create a pathway allowing Americans to legally and safely import lower-cost prescription drugs from Canada for the first time, reversing years of opposition from federal health authorities amid a public outcry over high prices for life-sustaining medications.

The move is a step toward fulfilling a 2016 campaign promise by President Donald Trump, and it weakens an import ban that stood as a symbol of the political clout of the pharmaceutical industry. It’s unclear how soon consumers will see benefits, as the plan has to go through time-consuming regulatory approval and later could face court challenges from drugmakers…”

https://apnews.com/693b64d70b5b44ed988b091d57413eb3

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration said Wednesday it will create a pathway allowing Americans to legally and safely import lower-cost prescription drugs from Canada for the first time, reversing years of opposition from federal health authorities amid a public outcry over high prices for life-sustaining medications.

The move is a step toward fulfilling a 2016 campaign promise by President Donald Trump, and it weakens an import ban that stood as a symbol of the political clout of the pharmaceutical industry. It’s unclear how soon consumers will see benefits, as the plan has to go through time-consuming regulatory approval and later could face court challenges from drugmakers…”

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Development of a new pharmaceutical is very expensive, due in part to the long testing process required by the FDA before a drug can be released. The places that sell drugs cheaper than the US are in reality not helping to pay for that cost--all the development costs are being bourne here. The US is subsidizing drug sales everywhere else. Allowing more US purchases at those lower prices could seriously impact the ability of drug companies to continue developing new drugs.

flashguy

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:

Please elaborate. I think we deserve knowing what reasons you think you have.

flashguy

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

From what I’ve seen from Strambo, I’d guess that is a very sarcastic expression of what we can expect from the filthy GDCs, *not* his personal opinion.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Development of a new pharmaceutical is very expensive, due in part to the long testing process required by the FDA before a drug can be released. The places that sell drugs cheaper than the US are in reality not helping to pay for that cost--all the development costs are being bourne here. The US is subsidizing drug sales everywhere else. Allowing more US purchases at those lower prices could seriously impact the ability of drug companies to continue developing new drugs.

flashguy
My first thought on reading the article was “Okay, but we really don’t need this. Just make it illegal for the drug companies to sell their products in other countries at lower prices than they do here. Penalties to include astronomical fines.”

To maintain the same margins, the prices will have to rise elsewhere and drop here. Think about it from President Trump’s point of view of putting America and Americans first: Why should Americans be subsiding the cost of prescription drugs for the rest of the world? That makes no sense.

Doing away with an import ban allows consumers to jump through hoops to get closer to the lower price that people in other countries pay. Only closer though as you have additional shipping and likely additional middlemen, all of whom must feed their kids. And not everyone will be sophisticated enough or able to shop internationally.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And now the Left is really ratcheting up their game of racist hold-em. It's as if their whole playing deck is made up of "that's racist" cards -

https://www.mysanantonio.com/n...appeals-14251015.php

This is from a San Antonio newspaper but it's an Associated Press article and has been printed in most every paper. Not even a hint that it's an editorial or opinion piece, just passing it off as if its real journalism.

I know by now I/we shouldn't be surprised at the lengths the Left will go to smear anyone - especially Donald Trump - who doesn't agree with them, but this one took me off guard with its ridiculousness in trying to tie Donald Trump to George Wallace. That canyon is so wide that even Evel Knievel couldn't jump it with an ICBM, yet the Dems are using pajama boy to throw it like a ball of string thinking it will land on the other side.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

From what I’ve seen from Strambo, I’d guess that is a very sarcastic expression of what we can expect from the filthy GDCs, *not* his personal opinion.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

flashguy

I can't wait, I bought 6 10ml bottles of my son's insulin in Canada for ~$180, I asked at Walgreens the other day and it would be $2100 Eek

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
My first thought on reading the article was “Okay, but we really don’t need this. Just make it illegal for the drug companies to sell their products in other countries at lower prices than they do here.

I thought that selling overseas at lower costs than domestically was defined as 'dumping' and fell afoul of international trade rules. Never understood how pharmaceuticals dodged that.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

You hit the nail right on the head.

I spoke to a friend I've known since high school who is a data scientist at a pharmaceutical company and we've had these discussions before about why Americans get screwed in the ass on drug prices while the rest of the world pays cheap prices and laughs at us.

He basically said it sucks but we Americans are the only ones funding R&D for new drugs and this may have the unintended effect of limiting the numbers of new drugs developed in the future.

There has got to be a way to make this more fair as it's ludicrous that Paul in Philadelphia has to pay $10 a pill for Drug XYZ while Pierre in Paris only has to pay $0.10 for the very same thing. Mad

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post