SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is the oldest forum member?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is the oldest forum member? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
I'll turn 79 in mid-December, (I hope!).
I'll be 84 on the Winter Solstice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
79 in a few weeks

Amazing! I still use your salt and pepper mills everyday!

Me too!

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In that other thread, Graniteguy admits that he's counting 6-month periods, not years.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But wait, Graniteguy! That's not all! Order now and you'll receive your very own Custom User Title.

Some suggestions:

• "Settle down, sonny"

• "I'm wearing shoes made before your daddy was born"

• "Try and catch me"

• "Anyone under 85 is a kid to me"

BTW, you guys may think I'm kidding, but there is actually a permission setting for users: "Exempt from all moderation"

If Graniteguys wants this, he gets it.

This means, among other things: He cannot be placed on moderated status and his posts will never get caught by the moderation queue because of using a trigger word in his posts and he cannot be banned or have his posting rights revoked unless I frst revoke this permission.
  •  
    Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I kneel for my God,
    and I stand for my flag
    posted Hide Post
    106, wow! That's a record not likely to be broken.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    He's breakin' that sumbitch every day

Partial dichotomy
    posted Hide Post
    Is this really true? I've enjoyed his posts, but never would have imagined that! 106??? Holy shit!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
    Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38693 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    KANE CHARLEY 6
    posted Hide Post
    I am among the oldest. Almost 95 WW II , Korea, RVN, survivor. And I am the kid who attended 75th reunion of Grand Army of the Republic at Gettsyburg in 1938.

OLDUtahskibum

Posts: 203 | Location: Sandy,UT (Greatest snow on earth) | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Alea iacta est
    Picture of Beancooker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:

BTW, you guys may think I'm kidding, but there is actually a permission setting for users: "Exempt from all moderation"

If Graniteguys wants this, he gets it.

This means, among other things: He cannot be placed on moderated status and his posts will never get caught by the moderation queue because of using a trigger word in his posts and he cannot be banned or have his posting rights revoked unless I frst revoke this permission.

That’s pretty cool Para. I like your style. Smile

quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
    The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Partial dichotomy
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by HJrocket:
    I am among the oldest. Almost 95 WW II , Korea, RVN, survivor. And I am the kid who attended 75th reunion of Grand Army of the Republic at Gettsyburg in 1938.

Sir, I can't thank you enough for your service to this country.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
    Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38693 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Here’s your answer, I think. Graniteguy reports that he’s 106 years old:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...880003584#9880003584
    I think that he states that he is 106 half-years, i.e. 53 full years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Great. That's just great. This is not at all confusing is it?

Beautiful. I can't get enough of stuff like this. What a funny joke. Hilarious. He should give lessons on being funny. I love rolling out the red carpet only to be made a fool of. Perfect.

posted Hide Post
    Sorry - didn't mean to make a fool of anyone.

I thought the 6-month increment piece was the hint.

No more jokes from me this week.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    I know you meant no harm. I would say, though, don't quit your day job. A comedy gig won't pay the bills for you.

Y'know, Graniteguy, you do qualify for a CUT, since you registered here more than ten years ago. Please feel free to choose one, if you wish.

Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by HJrocket:
    Your entry has been: Received

Impresive, HJrocket

posted Hide Post
    Young 78 lol

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    69 here

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    Using Graniteguy's metrics, I am 169, will be 170 in a few months.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Well, at pushin' 74 I'm certainly not the oldest but I sure feel like it.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post