SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you feeling today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you feeling today? Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Good days, bad days. It's been a weird year. No worse than anyone else's I suppose but every persons problem are their own. I am blessed to be surrounded by really good friends and family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5938 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going in four different directions for 20 months now.
I am beginning to see it's toll on me.

The love of my life for 43 years is experiencing one health issue after another,

None of which are curable,
She's on seventeen meds.

Me , I am 15 years younger and the most grateful person on this forum for her putting up with me.

Missing how are lives were, I can deal with ,the fond memories will last forever.

Her dependency on others angers her, she is (was) the the most independent female that i know.

This Transition is going to mess with what mind I have left.

I'd ask for a place for Bonnie in your prayers but I'd be in denial .

I've looked for a support group to help me prepare, w/o success.

Para, thanks for asking.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My standard response has been "Fair to Middlin'" for literally decades to queries like this. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
OK but not great. I was doing well until March - less than a month into my retirement - when I had two TIAs (transient ischemic attack, aka "mini-stroke"). Although I have had no lasting effects, am on meds for it and have not had any attacks since late March, it puts everything under a cloud not knowing if I'm going to vapor-lock. But at least I'm on the right side of the dirt.

Posts: 28690 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been a rough patch last few weeks, this too shall pass. have a lot to be grateful for so trying to force myself to focus more on that list. grew up and raised by glass half empty parents so trying to reverse that course for better mental and physical health. vent over and thanks.

Posts: 220 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Other than the expected from being almost 71, I think Ok.
Had a physical and various other medical checks last week and things looked AOK for now. Numbers good and no med’s needed.
Still reasonably active.
Don’t have a whole lot of worries at this point.

Posts: 9833 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for asking Para. I’m still recovering from a 3 level cervical fusion about 10 days ago. Things are improving slowly, and it’s rough at times, but improving.
Due to multiple injuries that I suffered almost 3 years ago, something always seems to hurt. But I have many more things in life that I’m grateful for, and still being vertical is just one of them.

Posts: 187 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I guess if you look at it objectively I am doing ok, but it sure doesn't feel like it. I am 75 years old in reasonably good health as far as I know, am financially ok.for now. But I am basically just existing. I have no real friends anymore and nothing that I am that interested in doing to keep me busy. Finding things to do to occupy my time has been a struggle.

Posts: 770 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Doin' fine I suppose.

Trying to have enough to keep my spirits up and my mind busy.

I can set up a fiber optic router, cut down my own trees, put on socks while standing, do calculus in my head, rebuild an automatic transmission, and be ready for the next adventure.

Most recently I've been fixing up an old pickup truck that had been sitting behind an abandoned camper for years. It goes fast, is really loud, and gets cruddy gas mileage. Whats not to like?

Most will say they will do anything for a second chance in life. I am living my third.

I am truly blessed.

Posts: 9423 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand. I’m blessed. My wife is still cancer free. My children are healthy. I can still do most of what I want to do physically. The arthritis in my hands is becoming a challenge, but I have no complaints.

Posts: 403 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I'm glad you asked. The church gave a job when they could of had my daughter for free. My daughter is on a path to beginning a relationship with Jesus.
I am so filled with joy this week.

This one touched me...and I'm not easy...
thanks
NOW, THIS OLD GUY IS FEELING MUCH BETTER!

Posts: 58 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How is everyone today?
So, I ask you- how are you doing? This isn't the usual exchange of amenities. I am asking sincerely.

You are such a nice person to ask.
Thanks, I'm doing well. Old, but okay.
I hope you and yours are doing well also.

Posts: 58 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Healthy & steady, but man we could use a win.
Feels like the hits haven't stopped since late April / early May.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16012 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day above the ground is a blessing. I am trying to stay positive and keep my faith after some recent developments in my life.

I hope the rest of you have had a peaceful and positive Father's day weekend.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Feeling good about a lot of things,
Marriage of 24 years is excellent. Wife is healthy, well employed and a great mom.
Daughter is entering her JR of college and is doing well, has a summer internship and is a server 4 nights week.
Job while stressful is challenging and fulfilling.
I’m fit at 58 and can do my chosen hobbies at a high level. (MTB, skiing) and have 2 awesome well trained German Shepherds.

What’s not so good?
Aging parents, dad is 82 and basically dying from congestive heart failure and mom is 80 with Rheumatoid arthritis and multiple melanomas along with Basal cell in her left eye.
Dad has 1-2 years left max per his cardiologist and my mother is in denial. They live 75 minutes from me and 3 hours from my sister.
He’s booked a cruise of the Northern Med in Sept for the family and I’m not sure he’s healthy enough, he also has IBS-C amd its horrible and I can’t imagine traveling with it.
So much good but I’m truly worried about my parents.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing well! Sure would like to drop some weight, but overall, I feel good.

Wife & I just got back from our first vacation in 2 years. Went to Mountain View, Arkansas, and stayed at "The Inn," a bed & breakfast; something I said I'd never do because I dont' like being around people too much.

I was wrong. It was an old hotel built in 1886 & is on the national registry. Owner is a fine man & we had 5 course breakfasts every morning of phenomenal quality. Listened to bluegrass, did some hiking, and made friends with an older couple from MS. We're planning on meeting there again next year.

Took my 2 young adult kids to the range today at their request. It was 95 degrees with high humidity, but he shot his Shadow Systems DR920 & SP-01 Tactical, and she shot her Beretta 92X Centurion & HK VP9. They shot like gangbusters and didn't whine about the heat. We had a great time. I'm truly blessed.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
First I want to thank you for asking the question Para.
I could give you I am doing fine. I am doing good. But those are the surface(not deep)answers. I can tell your question is not a surface question.
So here is my not surface answer.
Physical health: I am having an issue with my right knee exacerbated by kneeling on a blanket this past week changing a rear wheel bearing on my 2017 Outback. Bearing was fused to the knuckle not fun, but finished it Friday.
At almost 66 I have come to terms I am no longer twenty. That’s my physical health issues, not too bad are my thoughts.

Mental Health: I guess the best way to describe what I am trying to deal with is praying the serenity prayer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
The evil in this world has me all worked up. The latest, this morning Ukraine mothers are petitioning the government why their fallen sons are coming back with surgical incisions unrelated to the injuries sustained that caused death and with all of their organs missing. I prayed for God to take them out. I know others are dealing with the same issues as I am. So I took out my collection of guns three weeks ago laid them all out, disassembled them, cleaned and lubed and reassembled. Put my home defense guns back in place set up and on the ready.

Financially we are doing better then average only debt is the house which we wake up and tell each other how blessed we are living in a house that we had built, tweaked how we wanted it. With one exception I should have tripled my garage space LOL. We have completed in the past two years projects on the house that we could do ourselves and save $$$. First was the irrigation system. Second was a gas fireplace.
I am semi retired, what that means is I couldn’t take full retirement. (Ties in with mental health above) I was bored, I found myself sitting on the couch on my IPad looking at YouTube videos of car repairs and restorations. So last summer I got my CDL license passenger/school bus endorsements and started bus driving. See bus driving thread.

So Para again thank you for asking I normally keep it all in and when someone asks I keep it to a surface answer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Ask again after 1JUL, I get to ride the Spirometer and do my 6 minute walk that morning. Should have results back late afternoon.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
When my wife of 15 years are speaking to each other we generally fight. I am so tired of it.

Last night I came to the realization it would be best if we got a divorce. I have not told her this yet, and I don't know if I will in the near term. I might try and work on an exit plan that will cover the next 2 years or so.

We have 2 boys ages 12 & 13, which really complicates things. Frown

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's been a rough year. A lost year.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post