SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you feeling today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you feeling today? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doing very well. The wife and I are getting ready to do a road trip to Kansas City to do some renovations on our rental house. I'm sure there will be some aches and pains when we're done but really looking forward to being in western MO. Very nice folks. We're actually looking forward to the 16 hour drive together. I hope things are going well for you Para.
Thanks for asking.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Good, healthy could be a lot worse.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Doing well...thanks for asking.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling pretty well, thanks for asking. This past Monday I had knee replacement surgery and am being positive as I progress.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4035 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Mentally, very well. Physically, I feel like crap because of a nasty cold or Covid - but that will pass.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I truly wish I could say how I feel, but this account can easily be linked back to me.

So I'll choke it down in public.

I'll just say I'm angry, and fucking tired of this shit. Everywhere you turn.

The world done slid sideways.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I too hate what our country has become. But, after loosing a kidney, receiving my cancer free results, and living with Afib, I thank God every day for allowing me to have another day on this planet. Everything else is of lesser importance.

Awake not woke

Posts: 592 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m sore from a MTB race where guys 1/2 my age kicked my ass and two recent crashes on my e-bikes after the race.

I managed to skin up my arms nicely and have a lot of road rash but I can still walk well enough so I’m doing good!

It feels good to be racing again. I’m not the fastest but I am improving and that makes me feel great and motivates me to continue to improve. Smile. My team mate from the bike shop is 16 years old and fast as hell. Racing against fearless teenagers is quite a challenge but it’s a blast!

At 40 years of age I did manage to smoke a few 20 & 30 year olds at my home track. Missed a podium just barely (4th place) but I had fun.

I hope my Sigforum friends are doing well. All in all I’m doing pretty damn good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My personal life and situation allow me to focus on the state of the Nation and the world.
I should therefore be grateful that the former makes it possible to despair about so many other things as I never have before in nearly eight decades of life.

And why not “happy”? That was an issue I ran across in some public forum recently, and it made me realize that happy is not how I ever describe myself. Grateful, satisfied, content, fulfilled, finding enjoyment in or about certain things or situations, yes, I can sometimes—even often—apply them to me. But happy as a general state? No.

Plus I know that many things I take joy or comfort in will come to an end sooner than I will like, while the others will continue as they are, if not grow worse, and will simply leave me looking forward to the ultimate end.

But it’s good to vent. Wink

6.4/93.6

“I regret that I am to now die in the belief, that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776, to acquire self-government and happiness to their country, is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be, that I live not to weep over it.”
— Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 47717 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Feeling pretty good today. My eldest just finished his first year of high school. I feel healthy, did a nice 5000 meters of rowing on my Hydro and am over 10k steps. My wife had a great day of work with her kiddos and their families. And the PNW might see rain today (which I love. The sun, I mean who needs it right?)

I hope you are doing great today Para and the rest of SigForum! Big shout out to all the dads this weekend too!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, and pleased to read you are well.
At 83 going on 26 I am doing fantastically well - a few aches and pains and occasional gout is all.
Wife also has the odd problem but she is a real trooper.
We are adequately financed but live a simple life.
Daughter and family are all good and we will be driving up next week To Kingston, ON, to celebrate Canada Day and The Glorious Fourth.
We give thanks and tell each other we love each other every day.
We are blessed. Thank you again...

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Could not be better. Smile

Posts: 15157 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a month into being laid off at an age when most of my peers are retired or near it. I'm not ready to do so financially and the tech job market is flooded with folks in a similar situation, many of whom are younger (and correspondingly cheaper) than me.
But the Lord is gracious and we'll get through this.

Posts: 718 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Doing well, thank you.

I'm healthy, upright, and on this side of the grass.
I'm curious about many things, and have much to be grateful for.
I'm well-employed, and I love my job. And my team!
I've got good and healthy friends and family, and a lovely girlfriend. (Seems an odd term to use at my age, but... oh, well.) Smile
I've lived, I've loved, I've enjoyed, I've suffered, I've endured, and I've overcome.
I've built, I've broken, I've repaired, and I've destroyed.
I owe a lot of people a lot of thanks, and I try not to forget that.
I try to start the day with a moment of giving thanks for having received that day, and end the day with a moment to be grateful for finishing it.

Are there pains, hassles, challenges, battles, and bad habits? Yoobetcha!
Things in my town, county, country, and world that I don't like? Be certain.

But it's all worked out pretty well so far. Lord willing, that will continue.

"Keep a good attitude, persevere through adversity, and maintain your path. It's going to be a great day, one way or another."

God bless America.

Posts: 13905 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm ok. Work is hectic but I'm grateful for the job. There's no personal satisfaction in it but it pays well.

Recently bought a house on 13.5 acres which is very enjoyable. Lots of work to do but it's rewarding and satisfying.

Decent health considering 60 is a month away but I could stand to lose some weight. I have a wife who I adore and that is returned twice over.

All in all I can't complain in the least.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6776 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am content, and at my age, that is a good place to be. I have the love and respect from my son, two granddaughters, one great-granddaughter, and a wife of 58 years.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, nothing is wrong with my life - my life is just fine!

Posts: 1664 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was the best I have felt in the last three weeks.

This past year has been tough, cancer, AFIB, almost 5 weeks in the hospital…

Through it all, I have remained mostly joyful.

God is good.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Pretty dang good! Got a bunch of campaign signs up today, completed a handful of service calls. It was a gorgeous sun filled day.

For an old dude (66) my health is good, as is my wife's. My daughter started a new job this week with a 25% raise over her old one.

All that and I got laid last night Wink

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I feel overwhelmed. Our house is a disaster inside and out. Outside is my realm and I try to help inside as much as I can but for legitimate reasons I won’t go into my lovely bride cannot keep up either. Outside landscaping is in transition and I peck away at it when I’m not working. If it doesn’t rain which it does every other day. I finally hired landscapers to finish the big paver patio project I started two years ago (~1,200 sq/ft). The rain has been working against us on that too.

Work has me losing motivation. That’ll happen when your boss “forgets” its quarterly commission time so I’m strung along 2 weeks later for 1/4 of my annual pay.

I dropped the obligatory $1,000 on the boat this spring to get it tip top. Still haven’t taken that out or even untangled my rods. The Shelby sits in the garage waiting to get out and breathe.

I’m excited to get to Mayo finally in August (sarcasm) for my ablation procedure. Hopefully I won’t stroke out before then.

First world problems mostly. However I definitely feel like I’ve peaked though. My best times are behind me.

Thanks for asking Para. Sorry I couldn’t give a more upbeat answer.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
All that and I got laid last night

Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post