SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you feeling today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you feeling today? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Doing great!

This week, I've been on a business trip that I anticipated being pure drudgery. Additionally, I have a food intolerance and it's one of their primary ingredients so I was anticipating feeling like I had the flu all week. In fact, I packed 5 protein bars per day as a back-up plan.

Instead, this week has been one of the highlights of 2024. People have been warm and gracious, and the business meetings have exceeded expectations by a wide margin. Additionally, the people I'm meeting with recommended a nearby hotel with outstanding hospitality. When I mention the food intolerance to the wait staff, they retrieve the chef, the chef tells me which of today's specials he can make without that ingredient, and twice a day the hotel's kitchen has been making me a custom dish. I've eaten a wide variety of their local cuisine, everything has been delicious, and my digestive tract has been in as good of mood as the rest of me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I am grateful for the many challenges in my life. Absent those challenges, life would be dull.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Life is good at my home....very blessed.

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The good- my Wife & I celebrated our 48th Wedding Anniversary yesterday.
The bad- she is scheduled for triple bypass and valve replacement surgery next Wednesday.
All I can do at this point is hope & Pray.
Thanks for asking
Bob

Posts: 125 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I cringe every time the phone rings.
My 80 year old sister is in end stage of cirrhosis of the liver and no she was not a heavy drinker.
My 78 old brother, heavy drinker & smoker, is also circling the drain from COPD and other ailments.
My 13.5 year old puppy that was 10 weeks old when we got her is also not doing well. I fear her time is drawing near. Best dog I ever had!
Since my heart attack last Christmas things just haven't been the greatest. I just can't do many things that I could before.

On the good side my wife is doing good, I'm retired with a good pension and decent savings. House is free & clear. Cars also. Totally debt free.
Have more ammo (new & reloads) then I will probably be able to shoot the rest of my life. And supplies to load more.

Getting old is not fun.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

I'm still on a high from Tuesday where God overwhelmed me with his grace and gifts.
A great post! Best wishes to you and your family, and especially to your daughter!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31448 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Para thanks for asking. I/we are doing well. We have a bunch of family coming up from Florida to the mountains of NC to escape the heat in a few days and we are looking forward to spending time with them.

The older I get the more I realize how important family is.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Life is Good !

Early morning Pickleball game for a couple of hours, then walked for an hour at the Gym.

Came home and BBQed some Fish for Lunch.

Going to walk up the street and have a drink with my Buddy to Celebrate National Bourbon Day this evening.

And the stock market is really going my way.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We're good here, thanks for asking. At 87, I'm coping pretty well with health and physical limitations. My father's two siblings both died with Alzheimers; I expressed concern over the possible genetic inheritance to my doctor on my recent semi-annual visit. He did a pretty comprehensive evaluation and pronounced me mentally fit, so that was a bit of a relief.

We just celebrated my gorgeous wife's 80th birthday. She is amazing. In better shape, and more active, than most women half her age, with no significant health problems.

Younger son is in great health and doing well in his law practice, just returned from an extended vacation with his cronies to Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea.

His two sons -- younger graduated from law school (Penn State) last month. Elder grandson has not yet started grad school, he wants to do something in medical field but has not narrowed it down yet, so he's taking a year or two to work at jobs in that field to see where his interest really is.

All in all, life is good.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31448 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing pretty well. Just got back from a reunion of all my old cop buddies. We relived our adventures and saluted those who were no longer with us. Today is a beautiful Yooper day, with a brilliant cloudless blue sky, a light breeze and 65 degrees. The kind of day you long for in February. Tomorrow I will take out my motorcycle for a long ride. My son has successfully fled NOLA and is doing well.
All in all, not bad!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm doing great especially since I did a face-plant on the paver pool deck 10 days ago. Tripped getting out of the pool and hit nose first, followed by my forehead. Wife thought my nose was broken and I was certain of it. Dog was quite upset but allowed me to use her towel to sop up the blood.

She (the wife) took me to the VA ER where I was seen immediately by a very nice young (40ish) doctor who thought my nose was probably broken but was more concerned about a brain bleed since I am on "blood-thinners"for my afib.

He ordered scans, came back about 45 minutes later and said "They just don't make 'em like you anymore! Not a single bone broken, and no bleeding!" We were back home an hour and a half after the fall.

So my nose is a bit crooked, and sore, too, but the scrapes from the pavers on my face have mostly gone leaving some minor scarring that doesn't bother me. Knees are scraped and sore, too. Black eyes, of course.

I've heard it said that God takes care of fools and drunks. I don't drink so I guess I know which category I fall in.

There was a lot of praising God that evening and this past week around here.

Thanks for asking.

Bob

Posts: 1677 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Well, tomorrow is our 56th anniversary and we’re both alive and kicking and on the right side of the grass. Our family lives nearby so we see them often, especially our granddaughter.

All things considered, we’re doing pretty darn well and are thankful for our current lives.

Posts: 1994 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para, for asking. I'm doing better than others that I am grateful for. I thank the Lord every day and night for our blessings and pray for more to come for my family.

My daughter was a victim of domestic violence on February 2nd 2021 in which left her permanently blind which was witnessed by my three grandkids ages at the time Remington was 5, River was 3 and Ruger was 18 months old and names were picked by my daughter. After two years of weekly therapy for the two oldest they are doing better than I would expect them to be and for that I am totally grateful, I guess the Lord does hear our prayers, now I pray for his divine intervention so her vision may be restored.

He was in custody by the time my wife and I drove 3 hours to our home in NoVa. He is now serving life without parole sentence. I could have saved Virginia taxpayers a lot of money but they would not allow him bond.

I would like to post the links to the newspaper articles and Commonwealths Attorney press releases but after a few attempts I'm still not able to do so.

So Para after all that has happened to my family
I am blessed to have my daughter and my grandkids. I would not complain if I was not ok but I do Thank you for asking.

God bless this forum .

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Doing well, thanks for asking!

Work has been ok, and it's keeping the bills paid. I'm enjoying spending time with my wife and kids on my days off. The oldest and I just got back from Alaska, the youngest is always looking for an excuse to go fishing, and we're all headed to Wyoming for a couple of weeks at the end of next month. The new puppy is meshing great with the family, and his excitement is absolutely a joy to come home to at the end of the day. I've had some fun gun projects to keep me busy, too.

Also, my wife just called me while I was typing this and told me that the A/C guy was able to fix our unit and it's not going to need replaced, so that's a huge blessing. And I won't have to try and sleep in a 90+ degree house for the next few day!

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My joys pleasures and blessings for the important things - family and health - way outnumber my minor complaints.

sometimes I need something like this thread to remember that.

Thank you.

Posts: 577 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Sad for a friend who was assaulted and beaten last night, and his brother also died last night. Wife hasn't told him yet since other brother will.

Posts: 7638 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a summer cold, it sucks… As soon as that goes away I’ll be back on track. Sorry to hear some members have had life kicking them lately. Hope your smiles return soon!

Posts: 1176 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Doing pretty good.

A few hours away from finishing my next to last week of work before retirement. Tomorrow I start a three week vacation, two weeks of which will be spent in Africa on a (likely) once in a lifetime adventure before tackling that final work week.

My health is good, my wife’s could be better (but could be worse as well). Kids are doing well and we should should be in a reasonably comfortable position in retirement (as long as I don’t live past 90 Wink )

God has challenged me and blessed me and I thank Him every day he allows me to be here.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm fucking outstanding, euphoric even.

The last 6 months have, and really the last few years have been hell. I just got the bestest email ever.

I won't share right now, but there will probably be a post or two about it in the future.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21145 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
76 here also. My defibrillator went off yesterday. First time I was ever knocked out. I don’t remember anything but the ambulance ride. Doin’fine now.

This is the 2nd time I’ve been bitten, powerful jolt. Doc said,”I’ve cheated death twice and the machine is doing its job. It’s a weird feeling.

Thanks for posting this topic.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post