SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you feeling today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you feeling today? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
How is everyone today?

All our troubles, both personally and as a member of the human race, try to take all our attention, but we all have things to be grateful for, not the least of which is that we're above ground and breathing.

So, I ask you- how are you doing? This isn't the usual exchange of amenities. I am asking sincerely.

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Like, I suspect, most folks, I plod through most days getting one thing done and moving on to the next.

But if I take a moment to analyze things, I'm incredibly fortunate. I'm healthy, I'm retired so my time is mostly my own, I have enough income to live comfortably, my kids and grandkids are out on their own and doing pretty well, my wife puts up with me and looks after me.

I have a raft of toys to play with, many of which I couldn't have imagined ever being able to afford 30 or 40 years ago.

So, yeah, I'm GOOD, thanks for asking.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Currently doing well..

First son got his first management position and is doing well.

Second son had some health issues for the past year but is now doing better.

Daughter is on a well deserved vacation in the Smokey Mountains.

Mrs. Angus hasn't thrust a pair of scissors in my chest.

So Yes, I'm in a good place.

I hope everyone is doing well. God Bless!

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My answer has not changed from last year, when you asked this very question.

quote:
I can sit and write paragraphs of little positive and little negative things, but really, that's not important. Seeing evildoers roaming unchecked everywhere sometimes gets to me, and it is evident by some of my posting on here. But I'm reminded that Judgment Day is coming, and that gives me great comfort and makes me very happy..Sincerely.

Q

Posts: 27611 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great! Just got back from 12 day vacation in Greece, no fires waiting for me at work

The weather has been beautiful, 91 today with 45% humidity

We are all healthy including our animals

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I recently celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. To commemorate this milestone, we had a local artist commission a art piece to adorn our front yard.

bp gasoline near me

I had lower back surgery a month ago to remove pressure from my nerve channel on 3 lower vertebrates - so far so good. We're headed to Montana in a week to spend time with our 2 kids & families. We lived in Montana for 50 years and summers are gorgeous, but short, there.

We love our life in Saddlebrooke, AZ. My brother moved here a year ago and a long time co-worker just bought a home here. People seem to visit and stay - we did. As with all 55+ communities, no one is from here rather every one flocked here from somewhere in the world. We have neighbors from Europe.

All is well.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you asked. I'm still on a high from Tuesday where God overwhelmed me with his grace and gifts. I have a 17 year old daughter that was born with the cord wrapped around her neck. She repeated kindergarten and she has to work long nights fighting dyslexia and dyscalcula to earn A's and B's. She is introverted and afraid of the world to the point where she doesn't drive a car.
It has been my daughter's dream to be a Kindergarten teacher. She has said this since she was in Kindergarten and it hasn't changed.

My wife and I both work. Instead of having my daughter sit at home all day by herself we began looking for something for her to do. One of my wife's coworkers said that her church was always looking for volunteers to help with the summer camp for kids from infants through 8th grade. My daughter went and met with the people at the church (we don't attend any church) and she was accepted as a volunteer. During her first day of volunteering, the director of the summer camp asked to speak to my daughter privately at the end of the day. My daughter texted me and was worried that she didn't do a good enough job and was going to be asked not to come back. The complete opposite happened. My daughter got a job offer to work for the summer and after school during the school year. God is blessing my daughter an my family.

I'm a terrible Christian. My wife is an atheist. I failed to introduce my daughter to Christ.
When my daughter called me and told me the good news, I began crying with Joy. I thanked God for the blessing he was giving us. I'm still so happy. Every day my daughter comes home and only has Joyful things to say about work. No complaints.

God blessed me and I don't deserve it. The church gave a job when they could of had my daughter for free. My daughter is on a path to beginning a relationship with Jesus.
I am so filled with joy this week.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m fine with nothing to complain about that is of any substance. How are you?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my father is in hospice, my brother in law committed suicide, my aunt died of cancer (she didn't know she had cancer) and I'm being sued by my old company for trying to earn a living.

other than that, things are just peachy

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
How are you?
Like everyone else, I have complaints, but I'm very lucky and always have been. I'm fine, thank you.

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
So far, so good. I'll just keep on truckin'!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20395 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm good and thanks for asking. Also, glad to hear that most replies have been upbeat.

I'm very grateful to have good health, but not without some aches and pains. Goes with the age I suppose. I feel comfortable financially and hope that continues with diligent attention to my retirement accounts.

With the political divide in our country, it hasn't escaped me and my friends and family. I'm sure many of you can agree that we have differences with some of those we love and that's particularly tough for me. I just experienced this last Sunday at dinner with my sister and her family. But I really need to dig down and think about what's important and how to avoid negative thoughts about it.

As I said, I have a lot to be grateful for and that I have to keep in the forefront of my mind.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.

After spending way too much time doing research, asking questions, and going back and forth, I finally signed up for my Medicare supplement plan today.

Getting it done feels like lifting an actual weight around my neck. So, I'm feeling great and am looking forward to a great Father's Day weekend spending time with my kids and grandkiddos.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We just got back from a routine colonoscopy for my wife. Completely clear and no return for 7 years for her; she’s certainly happy about that. We are both happy and healthy and blessed beyond measure by our kids and grandkids. Thank you for asking para, and glad to hear you’re fine too.

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking, para. Putting things in perspective - I am well, thanks. You all know my concerns and complaints; most of you share them with me.

I have my health, have a job I enjoy, and have a wife I love. I have family and friends, and a great dog and cat. I spent last evening on the water with a bunch of my old high school buddies.

I am living the best life I can. And I have my friends here, which means more to me than you'll ever know.

Glad to hear you are fine.

I post this with the utmost of sincerity:

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8659 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
My family and I are in good health mentally and physically. For that I am eternally grateful. At this point in my life at 55, I am ready to retire from sales and do something else. Thats really my grind right now and I am working to get to a place I can make a change.

JC

Posts: 1305 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking Smile 73 years old and am way better off than I deserve. Went through an ordeal of having all my teeth pulled and implants installed due to broken tooth below gumline and infection. Completed that last year and all is well. Had my cataracts removed this January and my astigmatism fixed so I no longer need glasses at all. Recovered well from a heart attack 10 years ago and doc says heart is normal. Did 6 weeks of zero sugar this spring and am off prescription meds and my weight is same as it was 50 years ago.

Stock market has been ok and I'm having fun buying and selling vehicles. Dogs are healthy, my wife and I are still in love (at least I am Wink and our neighborhood is not declining.

Big week-end - 55 year high school reunion. Tonight is classmates only and tomorrow is a combined reunion of class of 1965,66,67,68 and us, class of 1969. Starts at 6 pm both nites so we geriatric fuckers can be in bed by dark thirty.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I celebrated 30 years of marriage this past Tuesday. A nice simple dinner out was enough.

We are blessed with capable adult children who face challenges, but are equipped to handle them. If I'm in a position to help financial with school expenses or housing, I will.

I too have more than I need and enough of what I want.

Today, I enjoyed my usual Friday morning 8-mile run with friends (going on 15 years or so). Celebrated one guy's birthday will quality donuts.

It's a good day.

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feeling pretty good. My girlfriend and I have been blessed with a good life, with good health and prosperity so far.

There's so much to be thankful for. Any concerns are trivial, self inflicted and blown out of proportion.

Thanks for asking and best wishes to you and yours.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m about to turn 76 and find that I’m generally in pretty good shape for that age. I had a 95+% blockage of my LAD artery when I was 50 and modern medicine cleared it with an angioplasty and stent. I had a couple more a couple years later. I figured my life would be abbreviated.

With modern meds (It helps being married to a cardiac nurse) I have gotten extra years. I lift weights regularly, have great lab reports, play guitar at a local bar, maintain a healthy weight, feel vigorous and other than minor skin cancer have avoid the big C.

Cochlear implants have restored my musical involvement.

I have a bad back and arthritis. I periodically get electronic ablations for back pain. I’m deaf as hell.

I live in the Texas Hill Country.

I feel lucky. I feel better mentally and physically than when I was young.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post