SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TMZ, other outlets reporting Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash this morning
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
TMZ, other outlets reporting Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash this morning Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
News Flash: Francisco Franco is still dead.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

The comments at TMZ are remarkably racist and hateful. I mean WAY over the top. It's a full on dumpster fire. So much so I have to question if actual haters are making these comments or opportunistic shitbags are stirring the pot. It's really, really ugly.

Disclaimer: I never gave Bryant much thought one way or another.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
I think this lady is out of a job after this...

MSNBC MAKES WORST BROADCASTING BLOOPER, ANCHOR USES RACIAL EPITHET WHILE COVERING KOBE TRAGEDY

https://news.grabien.com/story...-anchor-somehow-says

Why, because she may not be into sports so combined Knicks and Lakers and said knickers by accident before correcting herself?! Good grief, turn up the volume and listen to it!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I recognize his name only because the rape allegation occurred in an adjacent county and could hardly be ignored, but I am curious about that incident and whether it ever attracted attention of the “me too” movement. Or did the man have enough fans to keep that damped down?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
It is a shame about the hateful TMZ comments. The internet seldom seems to bring out the character most of the posters parents were hoping in their children.

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That all happened and was resolved before the #metoo movement happened and was, apparently, conveniently forgotten once it did

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I recognize his name only because the rape allegation occurred in an adjacent county and could hardly be ignored, but I am curious about that incident and whether it ever attracted attention of the “me too” movement. Or did the man have enough fans to keep that damped down?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
I think this lady is out of a job after this...

MSNBC MAKES WORST BROADCASTING BLOOPER, ANCHOR USES RACIAL EPITHET WHILE COVERING KOBE TRAGEDY

https://news.grabien.com/story...-anchor-somehow-says

Why, because she may not be into sports so combined Knicks and Lakers and said knickers by accident before correcting herself?! Good grief!

You heard “kinickers” huh....ok.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why, because she may not be into sports so combined Knicks and Lakers and said knickers by accident before correcting herself?! Good grief, turn up the volume and listen to it!

That is not what she said.... I listened a few times and it was very clear. The shame is that will mar the tragedy.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, special VFR in marginal conditions when most of the airfields are IFR or reporting ceilings below your altitude.

Pilot seemed to be talking right before the crash, which would seem to rule out medical, although that could still have happened.

My money is on spatial disorientation in the fog, leading to out of controlled flight into the dirt.

I imagine the last 30 seconds were quite a ride, not in a good way.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:...

That is not what she said.... I listened a few times and it was very clear. The shame is that will mar the tragedy.

I hear "Yanni"...

And what the hell was that 12 minute "spaghetti maneuver" from 1721-1733 on the Flight Aware track from altitude to just above ground and back?

I thought that was reserved for UFOs.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Nah it's a bonus leftist on leftist bloodbath for a MSNBC hack. I'm fine with watching them gnaw on one of their own.

Funny they have to spend airtime on it since the bloodsuckers are stumbling over themselves to make money (ratings) covering the 'story'.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I obviously don't fly helicopters. Gotta ask, though, with something that nice and I'm sure the price tag to match, would it not have auto-pilot?? Shades of JFK, Jr. all over again...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
And what the hell was that 12 minute "spaghetti maneuver" from 1721-1733 on the Flight Aware track from altitude to just above ground and back?
I was wondering if it was a stop off to pick someone else up, or just a sight-seeing maneuvering to show one of the passengers something? IDK.

posted Hide Post
Well shoot, now I’m gonna switch to msnbc & hope to see some of that leftie bloodbath!

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
In the audio posted on the previous page the ATC says they’ve been waiting for 15 minutes so I presume that spaghetti pattern was the hold?

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I was wondering if it was a stop off to pick someone else up, or just a sight-seeing maneuvering to show one of the passengers something? IDK.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:...I was wondering if it was a stop off to pick someone else up, or just a sight-seeing maneuvering to show one of the passengers something? IDK.

My first thought was PIC was in a bad place (helmet fire) and was thinking about putting down, then got (falsely) his wits and pressed on.

(Having been in a couple of "go-alongs" back in the olde days, that would have looked like that on tape.)

Well, nickles, and all. :/

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Well shoot, now I’m gonna switch to msnbc & hope to see some of that leftie bloodbath!

Nah, they will say "It was just a slip; she meant nothing by it."

Of course, we all know that if ANY republican said anything even close to this, it would be headlines 24/7 for the next week until the anchor was driven out of public life in shame.

As far as the accident goes, I feel sympathy for the children who died. 13 is way too young, and I assume the other student was of a similar age.

The newscasters are calling it an 'Unspeakable Tragedy.' I think that is way over the top, but I don't really care about basketball. I have closer people to care about than him.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've driven past that stretch dozens of times for work. The mountains are 500-1000' above the freeway. I think they get steeper as you head south toward Malibu. From the audio, it sounds like the pilot followed the freeways in SoCal as guides. The 101 is 4-5 lanes each way in that stretch, so quite visible unless fog was actually on the deck.

Sad nonetheless.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to all those who lost their lives today. How many servicemen killed in helicopter crashes get this kind of coverage? It’s the cult of celebrity.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Good Ole OJ "The Juice" Simpson has a video statement on Twitter regarding Bryant's death. "Life doesn't promise us tomorrow..."

https://twitter.com/therealoj3...528699628994560?s=21

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post