SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TMZ, other outlets reporting Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash this morning
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
TMZ, other outlets reporting Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash this morning Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well said Flashguy...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The fog has been very heavy in the state all week. I wonder if it was a factor.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16899 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't get it. The sportscaster on Fox looks like he found out his mother died.

Ball player, made millions, gave lots of it to charity, which will continue in the foundation created in his name.

I don't get it. I can't get all teary-eyed over the death of a pro athlete.

And the 24 hour news demon has awakened. Oh, it's an event. Smoldering wreckage, missing children- the drama...

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
ABC should be embarrassed for jumping the gun or not doing their fucking job by reporting the kids died.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The fog has been very heavy in the state all week. I wonder if it was a factor.

From the report I just read, yes, the area was foggy.

Same thing with rock promoter Bill Graham and Stevie Ray Vaughn- both killed in helicopter crashes involving foggy conditions.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I don’t know how to process this. Absolutely devastating. Sad, sad day.

FFS! Dude dribbled a ball.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't get it. The sportscaster on Fox looks like he found out his mother died.

Ball player, made millions, gave lots of it to charity, which will continue in the foundation created in his name.

I don't get it. I can't get all teary-eyed over the death of a pro athlete.

And the 24 hour news demon has awakened. Oh, it's an event. Smoldering wreckage, missing children- the drama...

I'm sure there are people who have died that you never interacted with in a meaningful that impacted you.

Sports star, actor, President, soldier, author, musician etc.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26...-crash-in-calabasas/
Per rep for Kobe his oldest daughter Gigi was on board with him and is deceased.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No clue who he is but sad his daughter died. Wife not only loses husband but daughter as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My sister who lives in the L.A. area texted me this.

She also texted that Bryant owned the helicopter and used it to get around SoCal because of the traffic. In fact today he was flying his kid to basketball camp...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I was done with professional sports by the time Kobe came along so I never watched him nor made an emotional connection. Sad that he had to be filled with fear and dread before he died. Sad that those on board with him had to experience the same panic. I feel the same for those who passed when the Titanic sank. While my beliefs explain the necessity of mortality I hate that we have to lose anyone ever except for the most destructive and dangerous among us.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
TMZ updated:
Victims were pilot, Kobe and 13yd old daughter Gigi, plus another child and parent on the girls basketball team- they were flying to an away game.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the NTEB website and read the article that just came out on it. Watch the video.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
That is great news.
No its not. Four people are still dead. And whether kids or adults, a life is a life. This is still just as big a tragedy as it was when it was first reported.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
That is great news.
No its not. Four people are still dead. And whether kids or adults, a life is a life. This is still just as big a tragedy as it was when it was first reported.

Jeez, I get that. I was referring to the false report that all of his children were aboard. Really Bigdeal?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
That is great news.

Jeez, I get that. I was referring to the false report that all of his children were aboard. Really Bigdeal?

Lol, reading really is fundamental.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Few years ago when Prince died, I was still on active duty. One of the Soldiers came back from some sort of meeting and said, "LTC Deporres told us Prince died, he was crying like Prince owed him money..." LOL.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
That is great news.

I don't think it would have been any more or less tragic if it had been his kids on board. It's an equal tragedy that four people were killed, regardless of who they were.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
LTC Deporres told us Prince died, he was crying like Prince owed him money..." LOL.

Losing Prince hit me pretty hard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Stevie Ray Vaughn died in a chopper crash too. That was a loss.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Report This Post