SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
My new favorite is Weihenstephaners wheat beer
Apparently almost everyone else agrees

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/

It is great in bottled form, but freaking incredible when found on tap.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 16 Cask Strength (Amontillado Sherry Cask). Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm working on my stash of Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight. I still have a case of SAO to finish, as well as a case of Ayinger Oktoberfest. Should last me through the next month or two.

quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:

Agreed. It's my favorite beer ever. No question.

Like you said, in a bottle, it's an amazingly outstanding beer. But as a draft, it's divine. Unfortunately, there's only one place around here that has it on tap on a regular basis, and it's 45 minutes away.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
MacTarnahan's Spine Tingler

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Alternating Bushmills and Old Grand-Dad. A bottle of Paulaner Oktoberfest and a bowl of Pasta Fagiola are on deck. Hoping that I don't meet Ralph Buick in the AM.

BK, if you keep posting those pix then you're gonna hafta share with all us other Texans...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Avery Tweak, if you like stouts get your hands on one.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Taos Lightning Rye Whiskey 17 year old

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm working on my stash of Sam Adams Octoberfest tonight. I still have a case of SAO to finish, as well as a case of Ayinger Oktoberfest. Should last me through the next month or two.

quote:

Like you said, in a bottle, it's an amazingly outstanding beer. But as a draft, it's divine. Unfortunately, there's only one place around here that has it on tap on a regular basis, and it's 45 minutes away.

First time I ever tried it was on tap at the waitresses recommendation. She received a very generous tip.

They cycle through the draft beer there pretty regularly. Haven't had it since. I have requested it every time we go there now.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 18. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

quote:

First time I ever tried it was on tap at the waitresses recommendation. She received a very generous tip.

They cycle through the draft beer there pretty regularly. Haven't had it since. I have requested it every time we go there now.

Agreed that it's truly the best Hefeweizen that I've ever tried and I've been a hefe fan for over 2 decades. If you haven't done so, you need to try their Dunkelweizen (dark Hefeweizen). It's my favorite beer ever.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
The Bruery's Seven Swans a Swimming.

Shit, it's strong.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Flor de Caña Gran Reserva 7

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OJ. Have a cold.

And in the mail I received Longrow 11 Port Cask, Cragganmore, Kilchoman Machir Bay '14 Release and Kilchoman ORiginal Cask strength.

So want to try the Kilchomans.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably going to get some weird looks for this one. It's called a kalimotxo. It's cheap red wine and Mexican coke. This past November I had the pleasure of visiting Nashvegas and dining at their Husk location. This is their take on the classic Basque staple;

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

It's one Ounce Fernet-Branca and equal parts cheap red wine and Mexican coke

MeggaZappin

Posts: 116 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Founders Centennial IPA, and Real Ale Oyster Stout. The stout could use a tad of lactose but does avoid the cardinal mistake of a burnt flavor.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Early yesterday evening I had a couple of Maker's on the rocks before dinner.

I seldom drink enough to get inebriated these days.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
On a suggestion, I picked up a bottle of Ugly Dog Gin today. Tried a bit neat and it's very nice, lots of botanicals with the juniper berries muted in the background. Mixed a classic Martini and it was very good. My wife thought it would make a great Gin and Tonic.

Since we own a German Wirehaired Pointer, it's a very fitting addition to the liquor cabinet.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Downtown Brown Ale from Lost Coast Brewery.

Posts: 942 | Location: West/Central Indiana | Registered: December 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Pinkus Hefeweizen

A friend gave me a bottle to try. I'm not impressed. It's not one of the better German wheat beers. Pretty bland. But it's organic, if that's your thing.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post