SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Glenlivet 18 tonight. Picked up a bottle of Tullamore Dew 12 year at the liquor store tonight to have for the holiday and weekend as I haven't had it in a while. I also put in an order for this year's limited release from Glenmorangie, Taghta. But I'm only having one glass of Glenlivet 18 to drink tonight.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Glenlivet 18 tonight. Picked up a bottle of Tullamore Dew 12 year at the liquor store tonight to have for the holiday and weekend as I haven't had it in a while. I also put in an order for this year's limited release from Glenmorangie, Taghta. But I'm only having one glass of Glenlivet 18 to drink tonight.

Wow! And this is why I stay out of this thread, I start hanging around with you guys and I'm going to screw up my cigar budget! Back home to the smoking room for me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Water, boring

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Shiner Bock. Nothing special, but decent.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
shock Top

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
buffalo trace, and a splash,

on number 2, then off to bed

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Wow! And this is why I stay out of this thread, I start hanging around with you guys and I'm going to screw up my cigar budget! Back home to the smoking room for me.

I haven't had a cigar in years so I've only got to spend money on whiskey. I never liked cigars as much as I like whiskey anyway and my wife wouldn't kiss me after a cigar so it's a fair trade. If you're ever in my neck of the woods though I'll be happy to break out the good stuff though and we can drink the best that Ireland and Scotland have to offer.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Shiner Bock. Nothing special, but decent.

Nothing wrong with Shiner at all. I drink it and enjoy it when I come across it.

posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Celebration.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I luvs the Dew and Bushmills, the entry level of each is the fave, then the TD 10 yr.

Tonight the 'cheaps drinks' thread inspired the sipping of Old Grand Dad 80 proof. Its OK.

And Dogfish Head Namaste. May finish with a quaff of the Stoopid.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eamonn Wright
posted Hide Post
Tito's on ice with a slice of lemon. Summery, but what the heck, today was 60 degrees, tomorrow, a Nor'easter.

"The government is best which governs least."- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6562 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Homemade imperial, "Funny River Imperial IPA"

Ended up a bit too hoppy...needs to age a bit more, but I'll sip on it until my cider finishes...or I keg the raspberry wheat sitting in the brew shower.

It's so thick you can chew it....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't had a cigar in years so I've only got to spend money on whiskey. I never liked cigars as much as I like whiskey anyway and my wife wouldn't kiss me after a cigar so it's a fair trade.

Just don't ever walk into Edleez Tobacco in Stuyvesant Plaze...it'll turn you unless you're strong.

I quit chewing Copenhagen years ago and used Oregon Mint pouches to sooth my cravings. Only place I could find them out there was Edleez. Every time I went in there it was painful. It smelled so good. Mad

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Eagle Rare

I was gifted a bottle of that a few years ago. Decent, but way too much bite for me. I like smooooooth.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Gentleman Jack and Coke, 2 cubes of ice.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Moosehead Lager ...
.. a chaser of Lagavulin ...
depth charge, no way!!!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
First time trying Makers Mark. Meh. It's okay. I don't understand why it is so popular. I couldn't find anything distinctively good about it.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
I haven't had a cigar in years so I've only got to spend money on whiskey. I never liked cigars as much as I like whiskey anyway and my wife wouldn't kiss me after a cigar so it's a fair trade.

Just don't ever walk into Edleez Tobacco in Stuyvesant Plaze...it'll turn you unless you're strong.

I quit chewing Copenhagen years ago and used Oregon Mint pouches to sooth my cravings. Only place I could find them out there was Edleez. Every time I went in there it was painful. It smelled so good. Mad

I'll have to check Edleez out. I've always loved visiting a proper tobacco shop even if I'm not partaking in a cigar myself. I've got to make a run over to Stuvesant Plaza soon for some other stuff anyway. Thanks for the tip.

A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig 10 Original Cask Strength. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post