SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
The Balvenie 12 Doublewood. Really been enjoying this one lately. Balvenie is one of several excellent single malts that is superior at a younger (relatively) age than its older counterparts.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
An Abby Ale tonight.
I don’t have anything Knights Templars for Friday the 13th Frown

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

BT wheat, it’s really good I like this a lot.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Skrewball and Cranberry juice.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Yum

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I had a foo foo. Sugar, hot water and a shot or two of Monkey Shoulder whiskey. Made for a nice nightcap.

I'm at the bottom of the bottle. Wondering if I should get another bottle of the Monkey Shoulder or switch to Maker's Mark.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGMYSTER:
Skrewball and Cranberry juice.

That's an.....interesting.....combo! Big Grin

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight calls for Elijah Craig small batch bourbon. A very nice bourbon for the price point.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Tonight calls for Elijah Craig small batch bourbon. A very nice bourbon for the price point.

Skip the rye unless rye-curious. The EC Rye gasses out flavor pretty quickly.

I opened a Sazerac Rye store-pick Single Barrel, on sale. A little hot from the neck but should mellow with aereation.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
An Abby Ale tonight.
I don’t have anything Knights Templars for Friday the 13th Frown

St Bernardus is fantastic. Sadly no one near me carries it. We used to have a place near the University that had a great beer selection, but it's now a smoke shop. Not an upgrade.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
konata88, Maker's Mark is OK but Monkey Shoulder is so much better than OK. IMHO Smile

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^^Tonight: Yuengling Oktoberfest, Marzen Style.

PX had several more varieties of seasonal offerings in today, than last week. Still no Sam Adams, or Shiners, but they can't be far down the pike.

My local shops have both Sam Adams and Shiner already, along with a few other domestics like Sierra Nevada.

No Germans yet, though. I usually stock up on Ayinger and Hoffbrau, supplemented by some Spaten and Paulaner.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local had German (Paulaner, Ayinger, Weihenstephaner and 1 more), Shiner and Devils Backbone Oktoberfest, but not Sam Adams Octoberfest as of Sunday.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Ben Riach original 10yo. Outstanding dram.

posted Hide Post
Tonight; Miller High Life. Folks who know tell me that it is only considered the Champagne of Beer if in the clear bottles, not cans. I have cans.

Rogue, Leann,: I spotted Sam Adams Octoberfest this morning locally for the first time. It must have arrived since Monday morning. Going back to check my favorite retailer later to see if they've gotten more German brews in. If not, I'll hit the other place for Sam Adams.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
rat2306,
Can't get any Millers of any kind or packaging in these parts. Been that way for months and months. I like their real draft in the hot summer weather. Seems their production facilities back East are undermanned and therefore operating at a much reduced output.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
rat2306,
Can't get any Millers of any kind or packaging in these parts. Been that way for months and months. I like their real draft in the hot summer weather. Seems their production facilities back East are undermanned and therefore operating at a much reduced output.

I think you hit the nail square on that; every time I go into one store, one quarter of the cooler space is empty. Undermanned production lines, and problems shipping. Just got back from a little shop; for the first time in almost two months, I found Hamm's. At times, even Budweiser has been thin on hand. Haven't seen Miller Genuine Draft in ages myself.

Erdinger, Hofbrau, Hacken Schoor, Brooklyn Brewing, Great Lakes Brewing, and several more brewers' Oktoberfest specials were plentiful in this little place.

posted Hide Post
Manhattan tonight.

Woodinvile Rye, Rossi red Vermouth, and a couple dashes of pechauds bitters.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
Manhattan tonight.

Niiiice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier.