SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Rebecca Creek whiskey distilled just north of San Antonio. Thought it would be appropriate tonight to sip it from a shot glass embedded with a coin of The Alamo.

A toast to the defenders of The Alamo.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

I've been wondering how that stuff is. Judging by the bottle, you must enjoy it. I have a lot quite a stash right now that I don't want to break into because they are harder to find around here, but this seems to be available pretty regularly.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an unopened bottle of the same stuff; won it as a door prize at a gun-friendly event.

If it's that good, maybe I should break into it Wink

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Beefeater martini.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Bakers single barrel

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Wonderful stuff ^^^^^^^

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty impressed. It is good well aged tasty bourbon. Proof is high at 107.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That 7 yo Bakers even looks good. Tonight I just cracked open my Sazerac Rye and poured over ice, very tasty!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I like the Sazarec Rye. Tonight its Redemption High Rye bourbon at casa kablammo, a pour of Weller SR likely to follow.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First a Hopslam, then a DFH 120, now a Weihenstephaner Hefe.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I've been wondering how that stuff is. Judging by the bottle, you must enjoy it. I have a lot quite a stash right now that I don't want to break into because they are harder to find around here, but this seems to be available pretty regularly.

I'm just getting into Whiskey drinking. I normally drink Knob Creek Small Batch 100 proof and it's smooth for my liking. I liked it better than Buffalo Trace.

This is the first bottle of Single Barrel 120 proof and it does take the breath away. The first time I drank it, it had a stout burn going down. It will still burn if I drink it too aggressively. I'm starting to get used to the taste of it and it's more enjoyable as I've added the frozen steel cube and the frozen glass. You definitely feel the tingle on the lips and the tongue for a few seconds.

My step-dad used to drink Ten High with Pepsi every damn day. He wasn't a big spender. That was my only experience to whiskey drinkers. I naturally mixed my bourbon with Pepsi or Coke and it's really good with Knob creek. Drinking the Single Barrel 120 proof mixed with Pepsi or Coke can get you light headed and jolly really quick.

I wanted to try and appreciate the whiskey on its own so I've been sipping it with ice, but the ice was normal sized from the refrigerator. It would dilute the whiskey quickly and I felt I was ruining the experience.

I was going to get some whiskey stones but did some research and found that the stainless steel cubes keep the whiskey cooler longer and I can enjoy the taste without the water dilution. I freeze the glass for a longer, cooler sip. This cube has a sealed, water-filled core.

I'm also a fan of Templeton Rye, but maybe I should give the Knob Creek Rye a shot too. It's going to be a long journey.

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

[/QUOTE]

This is what's on tap for tonight!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Drinking me Stone IPA (the green label) out in the garage detailing the GTO to ready it for sale (of course the wife has me cleaning the windows and inside of her accord in the process) while listening to the Sinatra channel on i-Heart radio.

Life is good today.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Trying something new tonight and boy was it a little, ummmm, different. Very back of the holler type corn liquor but really not terrible. Just not the nicely finished stuff I've been getting from BT.

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Mellow Corn is cheap and flavorful for the price.

Kablammo is enjoying a succession of Redemption High Rye bourbon, Weller SR, and Dailuaine 12 Yr scotch. Each is a little more sharp so its a nice progression.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post

Having a Quarran-tini

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guinness Draft Stout (the stuff in a can).

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams 100 Bottled in Bond.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Posts: 16 | Location: NW FL  | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
(Knob Creek)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post