SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Manual Transmissions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manual Transmissions Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
1963 Chevy (school driven ed)
1940/50s era Army M38A1 Army Jeep Car 3sp Smile
1960s era Army M151A1 4sp Smile
1964 Mercury Comet Convertible 3sp
1968 Chevy Camaro 4sp
1965 International Scout 3sp, 2sp transfer
1969 AMX 4sp (Borg Warner T10-P)
1974 Ford Pinto 4sp
1985 Honda CRX 5sp
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI 5sp
199X Isuzu Rodeo 5sp
2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 6sp

There were many in between that were automatic. Wife can't drive a manual.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
‘76 FJ40
‘84 Toyota SR5
‘88 Maxima
‘83 BMW 320i
‘17 JKUR Recon

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just one, again.

I learned to drive a manual in my sleep. Smile

When I was in high school we had an F250, an F750, some big GMC and Mack tractor (and trailer), but I'd never driven them. When I bought my first car it had a 3 speed on the column, but I couldn't drive it. We got plates on it in preperation for me learning to drive it.

Two nights in a row I had long detailed dreams where I was driving the F250. The following morning I got up early, got in my car and drove it like I'd been doing it quite a while.

A couple years later the forty year old 3 speed finally went and I replaced it with a four speed on the floor. While I'd driven many many cars and trucks with manual transmissions since then, some fairly regulalry, I hadn't owned one in 30 years, till this summer when I bought an old Jeep YJ.

I'm still not used to "modern" hydraulic clutches (by modern I mean made in the last 35-40 years lol). Being able to push the clutch like I would the brake, without lifting my foot off the floor seems so odd. And seems to have less "feel" to me. I guess somehow I'm still used to driving real (old) trucks and really old cars (my 56 Chevy) where you had to lift your leg WAY up to get on the peddle and really push. lol

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Last two cars have been autos, the autos are faster now than sticks. I don't plan on a buying a stick again unless it's a classic.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
1964 Buick Skylark.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
I learned to drive and tested out on stick. It was a Volkswagen Fastback. I’ve owned and driven a few. One of them was a Ford M17 Taunus. It had a 3 speed on column and a big bench seat in the front. I really liked that car. It was from the 60s and I bought it in 77 while I was in Germany. I am driving a 96 BMW Z3 right now.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Two Harleys and a 67 Pontiac 2+2 presently. And a bunch in the previous 53 years.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Currently the only manual (“standard” as they were formerly called) transmission vehicle remaining in my garage is a 1980 CJ-7.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current: 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road 6 speed (mine), 2020 Corolla Hatchback 6 speed (daughter's).

Past: 2003 Jeep Rubicon, Nissan pickup, Ford Ranger, mitsubishi eclipse turbo, all from the 90s, 1989 Honda CRX Si.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ride is a 1999 Dodge Dakota, full bed. When I got it, in 2000, it was the only Dodge on the Ford lot, a repo, and the salesman gave me a good deal. Love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything. Been through one clutch/plate and 144,000 miles. Gonna ride it to the end! Smile

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
1957 Chevy with 3 on the tree (only two worked)
1965 Mustang 3 spd.
1966 Shelby GT350 -4spd
1970 Vette with a 454-4spd
1972 DeTomaso Pantera-5spd with 4500# Hays clutch (3 finger)
1994 Mazda 626 ( that's right Paul,the Mazdarati)

It only took you 54 years to find your Holy Grail of high performance.
(I believe I sold you that 626 in 2011.)

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I was raised on automatics, but decided in college I wanted to learn to drive stick. Since then all my daily drivers have been manuals. Currently I’m driving a Mazda CX-5. I still like rowing the gears myself, but I know the manuals days are numbered here in the US outside of sports cars. It seems like I have less choices each time I get a new car.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 speed Miata MX-5

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
69 Mach One

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see so many with MT cars and trucks. I drive a 2019 Corolla hatchback MT. I just traded my last automatic motorcycle VFR1200X so now all of my motorcycles are manual.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
I've owned 3 M/T over the years and currently drive a 1997 Honda Prelude 5 speed.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Ford Ranger w/stick shift.

My first vehicle was an old 1979 Chevy C-10 pickup with the column shift.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I’ve been driving a manual shift car for probably half of my licensed years. Currently I’ve got a 2015 Hellcat Challenger with an M6. Love it!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I’ve driven nothing but manuals since 1976. Currently a 2003 Ford F-150 with 204k miles that I taught both kids to drive on. The son has only owned sticks since but the daughter has devolved to driving a slush box. Mrs 12GA was driving a stick when I met her and when she borrows the F150 I swear there ain’t anything sexier than a woman driving a manual transmission truck.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-speed
2006 Volvo AWD V70R 6-speed.
God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post