SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Manual Transmissions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manual Transmissions Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Currently in the garage:
'67 Austin Healey 3000 - 4 speed MT + overdrive
'17 BMW 440xi - 6 speed MT
'19 Bullitt Mustang - 6 speed MT

'14 Ram 1500 - 8 speed auto
'20 BMW X3 M40i - 8 speed auto

Past: waaaay too many to mention - or remember

I've been driving manual trans cars for 55 years, and I don't think I've ever not had at least one in the garage.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1931 Model A Ford
1992 Ford Mustang (the one I learned to drive on 22 years ago)

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 6 speed
2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X 6 speed
2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed
2003 VW Jetta GLX 6 speed
1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 5 speed
1989 Jeep Cherokee Sport 5 speed

Posts: 922 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I have had several. '72 Toyota Celica was my first car. Since the MT cars included '77 Camaro, '98 M3, '07 911. Currently 2010 Wrangler Sport.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
2 Subaru Legacy GT's.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Took my drivers test in an AT Studebaker, but drove a 3 speed on the column until I got my first Renault (was totaled by a drunk driver). Until arthritis forced me into an AT (clutch thing), ATs were strictly work related. They are nice in city traffic but I have to chuckle every time I wave my hand around for the stick on the floor!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current:
2013 Subaru WRX hatchback

Past:
1996 Nissan 240SX coupe
1992 Nissan 240SX coupe

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have an NV4500 5 speed (with granny gear) hooked up to a 454 in my 79 Chevy truck.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I specifically ordered a MT in a 2017 Tacoma Pro. Waited almost 6 months for it to be delivered

I’ve since traded that vehicle. If a 4runner was available with a MT, I’d still be driving one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6227 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My race cars all had manual and I preferred manual in my street cars.

Sadly, a disk problem mostly paralyzed my left leg so I have to use automatic

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
The last vehicle I owned with a manual was my 1997 F350 Powerstroke regular cab pickup. It was my plow truck and had the ZF5 5speed manual. It was a beast. If I was to buy a fun (summer) car again it would likely be a dual clutch. I think I would probably only a manual transmission in a pickup. I even tried a brand new Jeep Wrangler (Rubicon) with a manual about 5 years ago now and didn’t like it. I didn’t like the gear ratios at all. Honestly it’s looking less and less likely that I will ever buy a new vehicle with a manual transmission.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I got used to one and bought one because it was cheaper at the time. I bought another one because I got used to that driving style, and it's what I prefer.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
2000 Subaru Outback.
Although an automatic would be nice under some circumstances, especially if I were still commuting in a metropolitan area, I much prefer a manual for the more direct control I believe it gives me in the mountains and the snow. I don't like cars that think they're smarter than I am.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I don’t currently drive a vehicle with a manual transmission but I do miss shifting gears myself. There’s definitely something satisfying about the process.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First car ever was an 89 Toyota Corolla 5 speed. Years later two Ford Focus with manual. Nothing since. I wouldn’t mind a third car with standard transmission again. I love std transmissions except in traffic, then I have to admit my lazy side prefers a good auto.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've had many. Learned to drive first on a tractor at age 11 and then a 60s VW in farm fields a little later. Some of my good ones are 1968 Olds 442, 1970 Porsche 911T, A couple of Mustang GTs, 97 Jeep Sahara 2dr, 84 Corvette and I made my living driving straight trucks varying from 16' to 24' boxes, all mt.

Currently have no standard shifts but that could change quickly. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a sedan that was once an automatic that I converted into a 5speed manual.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The manuals in the fleet presently include:
2014 Porsche Cayman S
1986 porsche 944 Turbo
1978 Ford Pinto

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Millennial, and have owned 3x manual vehicles.

Current is a Porsche 911 - 6spd

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Corvette Z51, owned since new.
Many others since started driving in 1971.

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post