SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This will be my first time cooking a full packer brisket. Got one from Costco last week and trimmed it and pre-seasoned it. Then it was in the vacuum sealer until yesterday morning. There was a nice pound of lean meat that was left over and I seasoned it as well.

Threw both pieces in around 6:30 PM last evening and it cooked all night at 200˚.

Heres' what they looked like at 5:30 this morning.

Wrapped them both up until they hit 205˚ then wrapped them in 3 layers of foil and they went into the empty ice chest at 10:30 this morning.

We cut up the small piece as a lunch snack and it was the most delicious piece of brisket I've ever made! It didn't last 10 minutes and there's no trace of it now.

Still waiting on guest to arrive before we crack open the large piece.

Happy 4th, y'all!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5498 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of racks of ribs in the smoker, my secret rub on them, of course
Royal Oak 100% natural lump charcoal smoke is provided by 50% Hickory, with a mix of apple, cherry, oak, and pecan chips and chunks. Some of the wood is soaked and some dry.

A can of beer by the opening to lend moisture, moped every 15 minutes with apple cider vinegar, my rub, butter, beer & bourbon.

Moist, tender and jucy. With a deep complex smokey flavor that doesn't overpower the meat. Heaven!

Some homemade BBQ sauce waiting. Just relaxing drinking some cold beer, listening to tunes, with the sound of automatic fire, gunshots, cannon and fireworks in the background.

Ahhh America! Happy 4th of July!

https://postimages.org

ARman

Posts: 3208 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting close!

https://postimages.org/

ARman

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
4 July Brisket is done!

Dry aged 40 days

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
4 July Brisket is done!

Dry aged 40 days

Looks delicious!

ARman

posted Hide Post
quote:
4 July Brisket is done!

Dry aged 40 days

Steve
That looks delicious

We decided on Filet Mignon
Regards
Russell

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2948 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
4 July Brisket is done!
Wow!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I swear that when I saw that brisket a Bald Eagle flew past, fireworks went off, Fully automatic gunfire erupted in the distance, NASCAR was playing in the background, somebody brought me iced tea from a Harbour and kicked the extra U out. God bless America.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I nearly salivated on the screen looking at that beautiful brisket!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1986 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Brisket makes for a good breakfast too!

3 eggs
4 oz brisket
2.5 oz smoked gruyere cheese
20 gms goat cheese
3 tbs havy cream
seasonings
scrambled in ghee

78 gms protein
3 gms carbs
91 gms fat

1157 cals

Smile

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I made 4 pork butts yesterday. 2 are for my in laws family get together this weekend and the other 2 were for a buddy. I made a deli style macaroni salad, and some Carolina mustard sauce for the pork. I used my own own pork butt rub on both and added a garlic jalapeno rub to one. I smoked some veggies in a foil pans and added those to the jalapeno butt when I shredded it. It was long day of cooking Smile

Hope you all have a great weekend!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Baby Backs Smoked Party Style with Cherry
Smoked Beans
Twice Backed Potatoes
Cole Slaw

The Rub

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
You've been busy! Recipe for the beans, please? Smile

Posts: 7387 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Meat Church Pit Beans

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xantom,

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
OK, I've seen some Meat Church stuff. Thanks!

Posts: 7387 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is wondering what party rib style is I'll post the short below. IMO a great way to make very good ribs quickly. I've made these quite a few times. Don't go overboard with the butter and sauce.

posted Hide Post
Those ribs look mighty tasty, I have never tried making them that way. Perhaps I should give them a go.....thanx!

Posts: 6701 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
In case anyone is wondering what party rib style is…

Wasn’t wondering at all. I think my nose just grew two inches. Wink

I’m going to have to give that a try.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post