SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

An Old Fashioned for each hand!

Seriously, that Santa Maria looks nice, and the chicken even better!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Love it. Wish I had done it years ago. I loved my egg but sold it after using the Yoder for a few months.

I hate hearing this.
I really didn't want to have to buy a pellet grill. Frown

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What Santa Maria is that, was it made for you locally, my SIL has one, he ordered it and took several months to get built and shipped in, wouldn't mind having one myself.

The idea of dumping my Egg and Traeger for a new Smoker IE Yoder or other premium model has been on the mind...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
An Old Fashioned for each hand!

Seriously, that Santa Maria looks nice, and the chicken even better!

Big Grin
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
What Santa Maria is that, was it made for you locally, my SIL has one, he ordered it and took several months to get built and shipped in, wouldn't mind having one myself.

Allen Tubbs – Country Built Smokers, he’s out of Rodessa Louisiana. I ordered the Santa Maria and a vertical smoker from him. It took about 10 months to get mine. At the time he didn’t have a good way to ship them. I was able to get mine shipped to MN for about $400. He’s a great fabricator, but a terrible communicator. All that being said, my cookers were considerably cheaper than I could have gotten anywhere else. I am very happy with them, but the process was painful.

*I added the rotisserie myself. I gave him custom dimensions to make sure the rotisserie I wanted could be attached.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
No pictures unfortunately, but I have a Weber propane and did a rotisserie chicken for Memorial Day.
Came out NICE! 380*F for 1.5 hrs on a 6#+ bird.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Going to smoke a Prime Brisket that I dry aged for 40 days tomorrow in lieu of traditional hotdogs for Jul 4.

What about you guys?

Pics to follow................

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i'm grilling Puerto Rican style chicken thighs

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m flying back up to MI today and won’t have time to BBQ. We’ll be grilling and griddling.

The next couple weeks I’ll be doing pork butts, brisket, and chickens. We going to have 15 people for a week.

Posts: 11540 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
THink I'll pick up a boston butt today, inject it, pop on some seasoning and smoke it for the 4th

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Picanha with Hatch pepper Chimichurri tomorrow, couple butts on Friday, not sure about Saturday!

Still don't have my Lang trailer at our lake cabin, so all this will just be on the BGE. That will be fine for us, sucks for the neighbors. This time of year I would always toss on an extra 5-10 butts each time we cooked and hand them out.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Couple racks of baby backs on the Lang.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to stick with the Nathan 1/4 lb. hot dogs and sides.....my regular.

Posts: 6698 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
I lived in Puerto Rico for 5 1/2 years, and I have to ask -- What are "Puerto Rican style chicken thighs?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31340 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am going to stick with the Nathan 1/4 lb. hot dogs and sides.....my regular.
Can't go wrong with Nathan's hot dogs! Add sauerkraut, chopped onions, and a spicy deli mustard.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31340 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I hate hot dogs. V-Tail's recipe has me rethinking this.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
I lived in Puerto Rico for 5 1/2 years, and I have to ask -- What are "Puerto Rican style chicken thighs?"

Incorporates a dry rub using Adobo/Sazón, and a post-marinade concept that is delicious, after using it for the chicken I'll throw some asparagus in it. I have no idea how authentic it is.

Got the idea from ATF

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
I hate hot dogs. V-Tail's recipe has me rethinking this.
Nathan's are the elite of the hot dog world. All beef, and the seasoning that they use (garlic, etc.) makes them really outstanding. They are great, any way that you cook them. I usually do it in the air fryer, grilled is very good too, and they're not bad boiled or steamed.

When I was a kid, back in the 1940's, we used to take the "El" (the elevated portion of the NYC subway system) to Coney Island. Nathan's was a mandatory stop on those trips.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:Nathan's are the elite of the hot dog world.

I must, respectfully, disagree. I find them rather, meh...

Meat and meat products such as this require, to my taste, fat...and lots of it. All beef dogs lack that quality. Ball Parks, on the other hand, with beef, chicken, and pork, have plenty of fat and subsequent flavor from said fat. Plus, they "plump when you cook 'em!". Wink

But then, I'm kind of a heathen as I like my dogs (and brats) with ketchup, yellow mustard, and relish. Mmmmm.....

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Does my smoked bacon on the griddle count? Cool I didn't have anything planned to smoke, but I did make pancakes on the flat top with some of my own bacon I smoked last winter. I will link the recipe I use for pancakes, it's worth a try if you all like flap jacks.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all,
Happy Independence Day .
I will grill on a Weber Master Touch Charcoal Kettle over lump charcoal.
Could be Ballpark Dogs or Burgers.
Could be Filets or Strips.
Haven’t decided yet.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2948 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post