SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cheated and hit Sonnys BBQ for the triple pork plate last night, after a day of work in the yard including fixing multiple sprinkers, cooking wasn't in the cards.

Triple Pork is Dry Rub Ribs, Sliced Pork, Pulled pork with corn bread, green beans, Fries (they didn't all make it home Big Grin ) and Ice Tea with Lemon...

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Sig4eva,
Is that a cookshack you are using?

Sadly, I'm still using this electric smoker. I really need to upgrade to a real one. It does great but I would really love to get more smoke on my briskets. The smoke rings are barely there.

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Br...Smoker/dp/B00SMRXYCE

I think that you should take a long look at the Cook Shack smokers. They are the best ones I have ever owned/used, and I have tried a number of them. Made in Oklahoma!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Cook shack is very good and pricey. I got a Smokin it smoker, which is very similar and a bit cheaper. Both are great options for great BBQ.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Cheated and hit Sonnys BBQ for the triple pork plate last night, after a day of work in the yard including fixing multiple sprinkers, cooking wasn't in the cards.

Triple Pork is Dry Rub Ribs, Sliced Pork, Pulled pork with corn bread, green beans, Fries (they didn't all make it home Big Grin ) and Ice Tea with Lemon...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Prior to August 2016 I would have to agree with you about the named BBQ resturant on the drink cup as it was our favorite here locally. But due to Major Flood event the local establishment was destroyed. Upon rebuilding interior and redesign /rebuilding kitchen with totally new equipment. After re-opening it is no where the same good flavor tasting food as far as i'am concerned. Do not care to return. Have found a replacement for when we get the hankering for BBQ. ..................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1997 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a RecTeq RT700 on order. Was in SAMs club today and saw Smokehouse Premium Hardwood Pellets Blend. Hickory,oak,maple,cherry 40 pounds for $15 seems like an outstanding price. I picked up a bag. Any body know if this is any good??

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Man Jeff that Brisket looks real good!

Sig4Eva, what smokers are you considering? I started on a electric as well.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1730 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:

I'm undecided so far. I'm either getting a BGE/KJ or a pellet smoker.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you want a large BGE with all the goodies, I've got a deal for you. :+)

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
quote:

If you want a large BGE with all the goodies, I've got a deal for you. :+)

Jeff, shoot me an email.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Happy Easter!

3 racks of baby backs today!
Coarse Salt
Coarse Pepper
Paprika
Garlic Salt

Mesquite and Maple chips

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xantom,

Posts: 1730 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I dry brined a boneless pork ribeye roast, then rubbed in mustard and salt-free Dizzy Dust, and then smoked at 275 on the BGE.

It was delicious, tender, and juicy. Sorry no pics as it was past 8 when it got done so I was too hungry to take pics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a glazed ham smoking on the 26" Weber kettle, and a leg of lamb on the 22" Weber kettle rotisserie. Lump charcoal, of course!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I ended up making an Angus Eye Round on the smoker. My brother wasn't happy with just honey baked ham, lol. Xantom, looking good dude.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
OK it started out as a great project but didn't end optimally.
Made some stuffed onions wrapped in bacon topped with some BBQ sauce and cheese
PROBLEM was the bacon and onion didn't cook quite enough and the stuffed (hamburger + Italian sausage mixture) part was a bit over done.
Was on the BGE at 275.

The final version was more cooked than the photos by quite a bit but not shown.
Any tips on getting the bacon done without overcooking the insides?

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ Higher temps and more airflow will crisp the bacon sooner, before the stuffing gets overcooked. The trick is to not cook the bacon so fast that the stuffing didn't finish yet, either.
I REALLY like the idea though, and will be trying this out! ^^

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
^^ Higher temps and more airflow will crisp the bacon sooner, before the stuffing gets overcooked. The trick is to not cook the bacon so fast that the stuffing didn't finish yet, either.
I REALLY like the idea though, and will be trying this out! ^^

I will try that ~ also having the same problem on wrapped jalapenos too.
The cheese and innards melt before the outside bacon is done.

thanks

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
There are cheeses that are hi temp cheese for this purpose. They will take heat longer without breaking down and separating. I've never seen a hi temp cream cheese however which is what most of these jalapeno poppers require. I really don't care for them so I've never looked into it in depth. Whenever you can buy block cheese and grate it yourself. All those bags of shredded cheese suck for cooking. They have a coating on them to keep them from clumping together in the bag which does not lend itself for making a nice creamy cheese sauce mix for mac and cheese or other cheese dishes.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have a coating on them to keep them from clumping together in the bag which does not lend itself for making a nice creamy cheese sauce mix for mac and cheese or other cheese dishes.

You need to use Sodium Citrate with the cheese.
Makes cheese viscosity perfect for those dishes including Queso and other dishes where you need to melt cheese.

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
My Yoder 640S is a thing of beauty
The BGE XL is green with envy

Flat chicken:

Cajun Salmon with Maple Glaze:

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1301 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post