SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This one I took a spiral cut ham..washed off all the glaze and crap...put my rub on it...smoked it until temp was like 150* to get it nice and hot...then put my own glaze on it afterewards. Removing glaze let smoke get in.... Was awesome.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whole hog on my larger smoker....did it for neighborhood. Turned over right after this and started basting. Wink Then it was all over but the carnage.

posted Hide Post
Two turkeys for Christmas Eve on Yoder smoker....brined overnight...put on my rub....stuffed butter under skin on breast...spritz every 30 minutes after first hour with applecider vinegar and bourbon mix..

posted Hide Post
Pork belly on top...been on four hours already. Added three racks of pork ribs so they would finish around same time. These are on my Yoder640. I love my stick burner but overnight cooks are so much easier now that I dont have to stay up all night when doing two full size bone in pork shoulders...set temp...hook up my probes for meat and smoker temp with alarms. check last time around 11pm...sleep until 5am...get up and check and spritz.

posted Hide Post
6 racks of ribs on Yoder...

posted Hide Post
Cheers...

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
That burger is insane!

Will do larger patties next time and I need to cut my bacon thinner the next time I make a batch. The Brioche Buns were good too. I just got a patty press I am going to use tonight.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
While the kids are in Taiwan for 6 months, I guess I'll be eating all of it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a terrible chore that will be for you.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Lol Dammit!

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
7lbs boneless standing rib roast on my pit barrel and slow braising a 3 bone rack of beef short ribs tonight!

posted Hide Post
7 lb pastrami in my Kamado Joe.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
No pictures? Big Grin

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Here are all the things I did to keep the BBQ interesting. This is on top of regular sandwiches and just eating a bowl. About to smoke another one tonight.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
It looks good but what is it? Smile

Pulled pork tacos, and a bfast burrito?

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
It looks good but what is it? Smile

Pulled pork tacos, and a bfast burrito?

Yep, pulled pork tacos, breakfast burrito, and pho.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Never made, or probably eaten Pho. How do you make it?

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
7lb Prime Standing Rib Roast

I had the butcher but this short rib rack into 3 pieces. Then I but into 9. We served 8.

Seared the short ribs

Onion, celery, carrots, garlic browned and then added flour, tomato paste, Guinness, and chicken broth.

Cooked the ribs in the oven at 300 for 3 hours.

Prime cooked at 250 on my PBC to 125 then rested for ~30 minutes.

Very good results!

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I finally made it to Costco in Nashua and to my luck and surprise they do carry prime grade brisket for only $3.49/lb. I bought a couple and a pork belly. Did the brisket for last night. The pics don't do it justice.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looks very good!