SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried my GrillGrates with chicken yet, but that looks fantastic!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
GrillGrate is an awesome invention and I hope that guy is a multi millionaire now. I find that I’m using the smooth side more and more, it’s great for burgers!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
SIGMOID!
Care to tell me more about that Salmon

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
SIGMOID!

Yeah, I'd like to hear more as well. Looks delicious.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Last night's dinner...

Look at that pullback!

Served with my signature mac-salad...

Clean bones...

Those were some real meaty babybacks. My wife bought them and I didn't look at the label; maybe they were St Louis ribs?

Either way, cooked them on the RecTeq at 225˚ with Green Mountain apple-blend pellets. Three hours unwrapped with a diluted apple juice spray every 30 minutes for 3 hours, drenched them one last time with the apple juice spray and wrapped them in foil for 2 hours and then unwrapped them and added BBQ sauce coating for the last hour.

They were divine!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ribs look awesome Tony, but the Mac Salad has caught my eye. Have a recipe you’d choose to share?

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkmooney:
The ribs look awesome Tony, but the Mac Salad has caught my eye. Have a recipe you’d choose to share?

Shared here...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5260028474

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGMOID!

Sure,
Really pretty easy:
Costco salmon filet, pat dry/ season with Cajun rub from bearded butchers / score filet slightly and add 2 slices of butter and slices of lemon / smoke on top rack @ 250 degrees / mix 1/4 cup maple syrup (costco) with 1 part mustard for glaze / when filet reaches 140 in thickest part / brush on glaze / @ 160 pull off cooker and serve.
This Yoder is so consistent on heat management, makes a huge difference. You got to control the heat !
Today I'm smoking a 3lb turkey breast with honey BBQ rub.
Pics to follow. Wink

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
SIGMOID!

Sure,
Really pretty easy:
Costco salmon filet, pat dry/ season with Cajun rub from bearded butchers / score filet slightly and add 2 slices of butter and slices of lemon / smoke on top rack @ 250 degrees / mix 1/4 cup maple syrup (costco) with 1 part mustard for glaze / when filet reaches 140 in thickest part / brush on glaze / @ 160 pull off cooker and serve.
This Yoder is so consistent on heat management, makes a huge difference. You got to control the heat !
Today I'm smoking a 3lb turkey breast with honey BBQ rub.
Pics to follow. Wink

Thank you .
I am still on A Weber kettle grill.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Shared here...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5260028474

Awesome! Thank you!

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Found an old sockeye filet in the bottom of the freezer and figured I'd make some salmon candy. Smoked with alder and a maple rum glaze. Pretty tasty.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Really loving the GrillGrates.

~3lbs ground beef
3Tbls of soy paste
Coarse salt and pepper
Cattlemen's cowboy rub

I mixed the beef and soy paste pretty good, then I sprinkle in a bit of the dry mix. I use a cheap little press to make the patties, and sprinkle a little more dry mix on.

Topped with:
American cheese
Lettuce
Japanese Mayo
Fried onions in bacon grease
Ketchup

This was a fantastic burger. The flat top really adds a nice crunch to the surface. I will be trying to utilize that more.

That Sockeye looks very good!

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

No shame there one of the best and most versatile cookers out there. Get yourself a Vortex and a Slow-N-Sear and you can cook anything you want.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

No shame there one of the best and most versatile cookers out there. Get yourself a Vortex and a Slow-N-Sear and you can cook anything you want.

The vortex is awesome. I made wings yesterday and they got more praise after a 50 minute cook than my 6 hour ribs.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I made pork belly burnt ends today.

Cubed, seasoned, rested, smoked over hickory for 3 hours at 225F, brought it inside, seasoned, added a touch of maple syrup then back on the smoker for an hour to caramelize

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looks great Jeff, been thinking I about doing some Pork Belly this weekend too and mostly the same way.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I got to meet Jeff last week, and he is awesome! He gave me a sweet deal on his BGE, since he has the Yoder. It's always amazing to meet internet friends after "knowing" each other for years. I decided to christen it with a 14lb prime brisket.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looking good guys, we're doing rib eyes tonight!

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks great! It was great meeting you too!

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Rack of lamb tonight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff Yarchin,