SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there an acceptable way to tell a corporate do-gooder project manager that I'm not interested in sharing personal info?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there an acceptable way to tell a corporate do-gooder project manager that I'm not interested in sharing personal info? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Okay, Slayer. Seasons in the Abyss was the best album. You cannot deny that Jim.
Yeah, but Reign in Blood changed everything.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Your favorite movie? Do The Right Thing

Your favorite book? An Inconvenient Truth, Sen. Albert Gore

Favorite Band/Song: The Way We Were, Barbara Streisand

Favorite hobby: Swatting Conservatives

Your last best vacation?: Portland, just this last Fall, then again in Winter...

You are best when...? Standing up for my ideas and cancelling those who are wrong.

You dislike when...? Reparations are declined.

There ya go. Yer welcome.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Where's the option of just ignoring the whole thing?

Some managerial types get a wild hair up their ass and see that as someone who's not a team player then make it a life mission to get rid of said someone. Wink

In my working life, I had two jobs that involved companies big enough to have an HR depertment.

One was when Bumblebee Foods bought out the sardine cannery I worked it. It wasn't TOO bad there until they bought into the SAP nightmare. Because I knew how to turn a computer on, I was drafted onto the committee for implementing the Maintenance module. Several meetings with The Big Cheese from California and the "shareholders" from the various factories. Couple of week-long sojourns to Cape May, NJ with a condo on the beach and interminable meetings consisting of endless discussion of minutiae and damned little actual progress. Fortunately, my boss was there as well so all I had to do was keep my mouth shut and nod a lot.

The other was my brief stint as a contract armorer for Lockheed-Martin. Sweet. Baby. Jeebus. Every single week, there was another computer-based training program that had to be completed and it was structured so that you couldn't just click through it and take the end test. You had to sit and watch every video, take every end-of-chapter quiz, cross every "T" and dot every "I". Sexual Harassment. Interpersonal Relationships. Racial Sensitivity Training. Corporate Ethics. etc. ad nauseum Excellent money for stupid easy work but I was actually relieved when the contract was not renewed.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Since the request includes "awkward" picture, stand behind a fence with a ball cap on, and have your picture taken so that just the cap, your forehead are visible ala Wilson on Home Improvement LOL

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Well an interesting turn of events. The meeting was rescheduled to a day I’m on vacation. I simply declined with out of office. Problem solved. For now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post