SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jihadi bride begging to return to the US
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jihadi bride begging to return to the US Login/Join 
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
She made her own choice, we made no such choice. She has for all intent renounced her citizenship, if she had it; and if she was not a citizen too bad. She wanted it so stay there.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hoda Muthana

From a 2016 article...

quote:
ust last month, a Mississippi woman pleaded guilty to one count of conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist organization, and faces sentencing in the future. In January 2015, a 19-year-old Colorado woman was given a four-year prison sentence for making an effort to join the Islamic State.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
As much as I'd personally like to see her rot in Syria, I believe we have to do this right, even if it is expensive. Bring her back, try her for treason, and execute her if she is convicted. We can fight evil of this magnitude only if we do not mimic it. No matter how sorry we look to some others in the world, Goddammit, we ARE The United States of America. The greatest idea and country ever.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Many things that people believe constitute treason don’t, legally, but helping an enemy make war against the U.S.? No doubt.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Many things that people believe constitute treason don’t, legally, but helping an enemy make war against the U.S.? No doubt.

Get a rope.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Let her rot there,she had the freedom to be stupid.
We can save the expense of a show trial and cost of feeding and caring for the rest of her miserable life

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
18 U.S. Code § 2381. Treason:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

This. Next.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
If she's a U.S. Citizen, she doesn't need "permission" to return. There may be some logistical problems to overcome, like difficulty confirming her true identity at the embassy/consulate overseas and the fact that no reputable carrier will transport her watch-list, terror-supporting, treason-encouraging ass anywhere.

Article notes that she lived in Alabama but doesn't specify where she was born, so I suspect she might not actually be a native or naturalized USC... in which case, suck it. And if she WAS a USC but legally renounced/expatriated once overseas, then suck it again.

8 USC 1481:

(a) A person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality ...

(2) taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
(3) entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if (A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States

Citizenship is a privilege that can be lost - swearing allegiance to the caliphate should be enoug to forfeit it.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oops! Scratch my earlier comments.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Thanks DaveL for posting that. I don’t think we have something similar in Canada, much to my disappointment.
With that provision in your law, there is absolutely no way anyone should entertain having her come back.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live a couple of miles from the City of Hoover and was there just today. I don't want her back and I bet a bunch of my neighbors would feel the same.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCREW this woman.....she made her bed, now she should lay in it. She needs to stay with her ISIS husband and the rest of the Muslims.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Probably got tired of competing with the goats.

Posts: 9050 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
What's keeping her from returning? She can't afford passage back the US and expects the taxpayers to cover that? Or is she asking for immunity from prosecution upon arrival in the US before she make the trip?

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
All she has to do is go to Mexico and walk across the border just like millions of others. She will then become a member of a protected class.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
If she's a U.S. Citizen, she doesn't need "permission" to return. There may be some logistical problems to overcome, like difficulty confirming her true identity at the embassy/consulate overseas and the fact that no reputable carrier will transport her watch-list, terror-supporting, treason-encouraging ass anywhere.

Article notes that she lived in Alabama but doesn't specify where she was born, so I suspect she might not actually be a native or naturalized USC... in which case, suck it. And if she WAS a USC but legally renounced/expatriated once overseas, then suck it again.

8 USC 1481:

(a) A person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality ...

(2) taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or
(3) entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if (A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States

Citizenship is a privilege that can be lost - swearing allegiance to the caliphate should be enoug to forfeit it.

You'd hope it would be enough, right? But the State Department has historically (at least since the 1950s) been very, very reluctant to apply either of those provisions without a formal renunciation. Even then, they make it purposely involved and complicated, the goal being to make sure people REALLY, really know the full import of what they're doing.

My prediction: If she ever was a USC, State might delay or stall... but they're unlikely to prevent her from returning. They'll pass the buck by allowing her to come back, and she'll be promptly arrested for lightweight "material support" charges, the whole circus being carefully orchestrated between State, DHS, and DOJ.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Piers Morgan gets this one right.

“…Hoda Muthana, 24, left Alabama four years ago to go to an ISIS enclave in Raqqa, Syria. While she was there, she married not one, but three ISIS terrorists. The first two died while carrying out their barbaric activities, so she just wed another one. She has an 18-month-old baby son by the second husband.

Shamima Begum, 19, left London to go to a similar ISIS-held territory in Syria. She also married an ISIS terrorist. She claims to have had two babies that died, and has now just given birth to a third, a boy.

When ISIS was pummelled into virtual submission in Syria, these women washed up in the same refugee camp, al-Hol, in the north of the country.

Now, predictably, they both want to return to the safety of their original countries and live at OUR tax-payer expense…”

https://mol.im/a/6718019

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
18 U.S. Code § 2381. Treason:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

So the Dems will make her a candidate for something.

Posts: 8626 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Piers Morgan gets this one right.

Surprisingly, to most pro-RKBA folks, Piers Morgan gets most things right. In fact I think the only opinions I've seen from him with which I've disagreed were firearms-related.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
She absolutely should not be allowed to return. I don't care how the State Department would parse it--in the eyes of the citizenry she renounced her US citizenship when she went to live with (and marry into) ISIS. She made a choice (a bad one) and should have to live with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post