SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
TWITTER FILES: PART 7

in July 2020, the FBI’s Elvis Chan arranges for temporary Top Secret security clearances for Twitter executives so that the FBI can share information about threats to the upcoming elections.

Hmmmmmm. Those would probably be TS/SCI clearances because the information shared could reveal sources and/or means/method of collection.

Has anyone tracked Special Agent Chan down or has Elvis left the continent?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31478 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/headlines/2...wn-customers-n518953

Yoel Roth, the then-Twitter Head of Trust and Safety, said he was informed by people in the intelligence community to “expect” attacks on individuals linked to political campaigns. Roth also swore there were rumors “that a hack-and-leak operation would involve Hunter Biden.” These warnings supposedly came right from the FBI. Roth’s testimony would conflict with that of SSA Chan, who said, to his knowledge, nobody provided warnings on the Hunter Biden materials.

Then we have one of the more remarkable pieces of information to be released from the Twitter: confirmation that Twitter was paid nearly $3.5 million for assisting the FBI with its processing requests.

Remarkable. Twitter was essentially contracted by the FBI, to the tune of millions of dollars, to report on users and remove non-criminal content the FBI found objectionable. One can’t help but think the money was effective in getting Twitter, and likely other social media companies, to do what the FBI wanted.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
They couldn't make money the old fashioned way...like earning it being a good business. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38713 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I hope Wray is embarrassed by the revelations in TWITTER FILES: PART 7.

He probably isn’t though. Annoyed? Yes. Embarrassed? No, even though he sure as hell should be.

The Federal Bureau of political Interference.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8998 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/headlines/2...wn-customers-n518953

Twitter was essentially contracted by the FBI, to the tune of millions of dollars, to report on users and remove non-criminal content the FBI found objectionable.

If that’s correct… If that’s correct, there are significant consequences for the republic.

That’s the kind of thing which needs to result in everyone doing lengthy sentences.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Americans used to denigrate countries that engaged in this kind of illegal government intervention- now half the country supports this treason at taxpayer expense. People need to be imprisoned or worse for this clear treason.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
J. Edgar Hoover would be proud.

There is a certain amount of anxiety when anyone gets contacted by the FBI or IRS and that by itself leads to compliance by most people.
Roth is looking more like someone that has been duped because of this.
He was already inclined, because of his political viewpoint, to think Russians were promoting Trump and others on the right. Now he's being contacted and asked to be in the "club" of people with a security clearance and that massages his ego a bit, helping to motivate him to go along.
I suspect there was some of this within the agencies themselves. They knew they were doing the wrong things, but for the right reasons so that made it OK somehow.

Back in the Watergate days, the Plumbers had a similar motivation. The end justified the means.

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Another in the JE Hoover would be proud camp. Here is a question we should be asking ourselves, how often in the history of the FBI have they done similar things? The answer is quite often, enough that it is institutionalize to do this and keep doing this.

I remember when Trump got elected, a local radio show (Larry Connors) had a former Justice Department conservative on who said it would take Trump 3 years to clean out the Justice Department and affiliated agencies if he aggressively went after them. This guy added, if Trump did not go after the libs/progressives/leftists in the Justice Department, the Justice Department would go after him.

Posts: 3954 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
FBI comments on Twitter revelations. Barefaced lies.

“In a statement to the New York Post on Wednesday, an agency spokesperson said: 'The correspondence between the FBI and Twitter show nothing more than our traditional, longstanding and ongoing federal government and private sector engagements, which involve numerous companies over multiple sectors and industries.

'As evidenced in the correspondence, the FBI provides critical information to the private sector in an effort to allow them to protect themselves and their customers.

'The men and women of the FBI work every day to protect the American public,' the spokesperson continued.

'It is unfortunate that conspiracy theorists and others are feeding the American public misinformation with the sole purpose of attempting to discredit the agency.' "…

FBI lashes out at Twittergate 'conspiracy theorists'
https://mol.im/a/11566697

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8998 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fuck the FBI. They have been weaponized and everyone knows it. They are disgusting political pawns at this point and beneath the trust of the public they serve. There may be good agents in the mix, but the agency is tainted beyond recovery until it is burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. They are an embarrassment to the profession.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dang gearhounds, I wish you’d tell us what you really think instead of sugarcoating it. [/sarcasm mode] Big Grin

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Dang gearhounds, I wish you’d tell us what you really think instead of sugarcoating it. [/sarcasm mode] Big Grin

Yeah, I know… it rankles me to no end with the number of consummate professionals I have worked with throughout my career that this organization that is touted as the cream of the crop is so riddled with corruption.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
A fish rots from the head. That goes for the entire administration, not just the FBI.

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Disgraceful"

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Fuck the FBI. They have been weaponized and everyone knows it. They are disgusting political pawns at this point and beneath the trust of the public they serve.

They are basically the U.S. version of the KGB.

Yes, that bad.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We never got a full reporting of what the FBI did against Donald Trump- Before, During and After his Presidency.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13407 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Fuck the FBI. They have been weaponized and everyone knows it. They are disgusting political pawns at this point and beneath the trust of the public they serve.

They are basically the U.S. version of the KGB.

Yes, that bad.

KGB means Committee for State Security. So I'd say the FBI is literally the same thing. They are an apparatus to defend the Deep State and little else. I can't imagine how anyone serious about a career in LE would want to be associated with them. They are the bad guys and the ones who end up on the wrong side of history every time.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't imagine how anyone serious about a career in LE would want to be associated with them.

Well, that seems to be the thing. Everyone from Strzok to Baker was clearly "serious about a career in LE". It's just that the LE career they were serious about was a springboard to a cushy high-paying job in the private sector and/or political office.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
I can't imagine how anyone serious about a career in LE would want to be associated with them.

Well, that seems to be the thing. Everyone from Strzok to Baker was clearly "serious about a career in LE". It's just that the LE career they were serious about was a springboard to a cushy high-paying job in the private sector and/or political office.

Right. But those guys weren't cops at heart, the good guys with a true calling to protect and to serve. Huge difference.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
A fish rots from the head. That goes for the entire administration, not just the FBI.

Yup. The first step in the next Republican administration that has any balls at all should be the purging of all government leadership and, for God's sake, do a better job of vetting their replacements. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26465 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post