SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A friend texted me this morning that the Left is now trying to go after Musk saying that he "lied" on his US Citizenship paperwork and that he could be deported back to South Africa?

Maybe he could buy a house on Martha's Vineyard and really piss them off.

Maybe he could BUY Martha's Vineyard and just throw them off;.

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
A friend texted me this morning that the Left is now trying to go after Musk saying that he "lied" on his US Citizenship paperwork and that he could be deported back to South Africa?

Maybe he could buy a house on Martha's Vineyard and really piss them off.

Maybe he could BUY Martha's Vineyard and just throw them off;.

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The accounts that were shut down/suspended were all trying to doxx Musk and his child and it was becoming a safety issue.

These leftists are incensed because for the first time, the existing rules are being applied to THEM where in the past they could post as much hateful and dangerous shit as they pleased with zero repercussions but there's a new sheriff in town now.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
In this case, it should be pointed out that these are Legitimate Rules, being applied Legitimately...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I despise these dirtbags who dox people. I don't recall ever hearing of a conservative or conservative group doing it - it's always leftists.

It really is terrorism - defined as "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

They WANT people to find Musk and his family, and better yet, to throw bricks through their windows or otherwise attack them. Doing this against a CHILD is despicable.

They may regret targeting Musk's child. He's incredibly rich, incredibly powerful, and for a LOT of people, once you go against their family, the Queensbury rules go right out the window and anything goes. . .

Reminds me of Batman:
quote:
Lucius Fox : [to Reese] Let me get this straight, you think that your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands, and your plan is to blackmail this person?

[Reese's face falls and Fox smiles]

Lucius Fox : Good luck.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The accounts that were shut down/suspended were all trying to doxx Musk and his child and it was becoming a safety issue.

These leftists are incensed because for the first time, the existing rules are being applied to THEM where in the past they could post as much hateful and dangerous shit as they pleased with zero repercussions but there's a new sheriff in town now.

Or, they are just trying to prove that their rules on Twitter before Musk had valid reasons, and that by allowing "open speech" Musk is allowing high risk bad posts.

Its a lesson they are trying to teach and by doing so, validate their actions...

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Styx has been on a tear recently.

He should do a super-caffeinated livestream with Razorfist and That Martini dude.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Double standard in action again.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
These cretin have literally gone on record to threaten a social media platform into playing by their rules, thereby adulterating free speech; this should be front page, in your face news that names and exposes them until they can no longer show their face without people shouting them down.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk has posted a new poll on whether or not he should step down as CEO of Twitter. As of right now 60% want him to step down.

Link

Posts: 1097 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Could be an OP to out the bots...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend texted me this morning that the Left is now trying to go after Musk saying that he "lied" on his US Citizenship paperwork and that he could be deported back to South Africa? Roll Eyes

Anyone seen this? What a load of BS, the desperation to "get" him is growing. He's got a DOD Security clearance for SpaceX, I think they would have caught that you think?

Talk about doxxing. Since when was anyone's citizenship application public information? And since Musk is not a gov't. official, I don't even know how a FOIA request would apply to him. Mrs. Lee is a Chinese citizen, long since eligible for US citizenship, and this kind of BS makes her wonder why she'd bother switching sides other than ease of int'l. travel.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Elon Musk has posted a new poll on whether or not he should step down as CEO of Twitter. As of right now 60% want him to step down.

Probably another bot identification trolling poll.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wouldn't be surprised.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
TWITTER FILES: PART 7

How the FBI & intelligence community discredited factual information about Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings both after and *before* The New York Post revealed the contents of his laptop on October 14, 2020

In Twitter Files #7, we present evidence pointing to an organized effort by representatives of the intelligence community (IC), aimed at senior executives at news and social media companies, to discredit leaked information about Hunter Biden before and after it was published.

in July 2020, the FBI’s Elvis Chan arranges for temporary Top Secret security clearances for Twitter executives so that the FBI can share information about threats to the upcoming elections.

October 14, 2020, The New York Post runs its explosive story revealing the business dealings of President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter. Every single fact in it was accurate.

within hours, Twitter and other social media companies censor the NY Post article, preventing it from spreading and, more importantly, undermining its credibility in the minds of many Americans.

during all of 2020, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies repeatedly primed Yoel Roth to dismiss reports of Hunter Biden’s laptop as a Russian “hack and leak” operation.

https://twitter.com/Shellenber.../1604890603468120064

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Wray is beltway scum.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
TWITTER FILES: PART 7

in July 2020, the FBI’s Elvis Chan arranges for temporary Top Secret security clearances for Twitter executives so that the FBI can share information about threats to the upcoming elections.

Hmmmmmm. Those would probably be TS/SCI clearances because the information shared could reveal sources and/or means/method of collection.

Has anyone tracked Special Agent Chan down or has Elvis left the continent?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post