SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Going again after this guy hard. They hate that he’s got a huge global platform they cannot censor and control any longer:

https://x.com/greg_price11/sta...042810613743647?s=46

Posts: 33847 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/tech...rd-time-behind-bars/

Michael Gonzalez reportedly managed to trick Elon Musk’s Tesla into handing over five brand new electric cars without paying a dime, just the beginning of his scams involving the cars, but now he is paying for the electric vehicles in a different way — with a jail sentence of four long years.

Forbes reports that in a scheme that left Elon Musk’s Tesla completely befuddled, a 34-year-old man named Michael Gonzalez successfully manipulated the electric car giant’s payment system, acquiring five new vehicles valued at over $560,000 in total without paying anything at all. Gonzalez’s plan involved providing false bank details during the online purchase, allowing him to receive the vehicles before Tesla could realize the accounts lacked sufficient funds.

Gonzalez’s fraudulent activities did not stop at merely acquiring the vehicles. He resold three of them, deceiving the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles into providing titles for the cars, which he then passed on to unsuspecting buyers. His actions underscore a glaring vulnerability in digital purchasing systems, particularly for high-value items like vehicles, where the verification of payment details is crucial to prevent such fraudulent activities.

In a particularly brazen act, when Tesla failed to provide a certificate of ownership for one of the cars, preventing him from obtaining a title, Gonzalez took the vehicle to the frozen surface of Lake Champlain, set it ablaze, and attempted to claim the loss with his insurance company. This act of insurance fraud was what ultimately raised red flags and brought his scam to light.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Vermont detailed that Gonzalez pleaded guilty to five counts of possessing and disposing of stolen vehicles that had crossed state lines. His sentence includes four years in prison, followed by three years of probation. Additionally, Gonzalez has been ordered to pay $493,043 in restitution to Tesla and another $231,900 to the United States government.

Posts: 19599 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk: "Twitter Was Completely Controlled By The Far Left

Authored by Steve Watson via Summit News,

Appearing on Joe Rogan’s podcast Tuesday, X owner Elon Musk laid out how Twitter was acting as an arm of the government before he took over, and was “completely controlled by the far-left.”

“The degree to which Twitter was simply an arm of the government was not well understood by the public,” Musk said, adding “And it was whatever, everything was like Pravda basically, a state publication, is the way to think of old Twitter. A state publication.”

“There was basically oppression of any views that, even I would say, be considered middle-of-the-road,” Musk continued, adding “certainly, anything on the right, and I’m not talking about far-right, I’m just talking mildly right.”

“Republicans were suppressed at 10 times the rate of Democrats. That’s because old Twitter was fundamentally controlled by the far-left. It was, like, completely controlled by the far-left,” Musk asserted.

Watch:

https://twitter.com/TPostMille...-controlled-far-left

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-controlled-far-left

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24160 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I wish President Trump would return to the platform formerly known as Twitter. He’d be welcome there.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^^^^
I wish President Trump would return to the platform formerly known as Twitter. He’d be welcome there.

He did actually

Trump Returns to Site Formerly Known as Twitter, Posts His Mug Shot Shortly After Georgia Surrender

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump has returned to X, the social media site formerly known as Twitter, firing off his first message in more than 2 1/2 years shortly after he surrendered at an Atlanta jail on charges he conspired to overturn his election loss.

He posted a photo of his mug shot and the words “Election interference. Never surrender!” along with a link to his website, which directs to a fundraising page.

It was Trump's first post since Jan. 8, 2021, when Twitter suspended his account indefinitely, citing fears he would incite additional violence following the deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol building. His account was reinstated last November shortly after Elon Musk took over the company. But Trump had refrained from tweeting, insisting that he was happier on his own Truth Social site, which he launched during the ban.

Trump, the current front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, had been saying for months that he planned to return to the platform at the “right time,” according to a person familiar with his comments who was not authorized to disclose private conversations and spoke on condition of anonymity. Trump's post came as he was aboard his private plane, flying back from Atlanta to his summer home in New Jersey late Thursday.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the post was a one-off, or whether he intends to continue to post regularly on the site. He had posted the same message on Truth Social earlier in the night and continued to promote the site late Thursday.

More at the site as well as many other outlets.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I believe (not confirmed by me) that Truth Social has a feature where posts on Truth Social can be mirrored, and posted on X. I recall Devin Nunes (CEO of Truth Social/Trump Media & Technology Group) indicated as such in an interview, when asked about Trump, Truth Social and Twitter.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8937 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some of you know what's going on, but for those who don't- the left is trying very hard right now to cancel Musk, accusing him of being an antisemite, which is a laughable accusation, and perfectly illustrative of the hypocrisy of the left, since they are the true antisemites and are proving it daily since October 7th.

Several large corps have pulled their advertising from Twitter, including Disney and Apple. Musk is vowing legal action against those responsible for the false accusations against him.

Right now, Twitter is essential, being one of the very few places where the truth is allowed to be seen and heard.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshB.../1725916602342748484

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1725927180985606509

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Several large corps have pulled their advertising from Twitter, including Disney and Apple.
Well, I can't cancel Disney, because I don't currently partake of any Disney product. Apple...? *sigh* Hardly going to dump the Apple product we own already, but, I won't be paying for Apple TV+ when the free sub I got for my recent iPad upgrade runs out. Basically, this action by Apple means I'll continue to buy/use Apple stuff as minimally as possible w/o cutting off my nose to spite my face.
quote:
Right now, Twitter is essential, being one of the very few places where the truth is allowed to be seen and heard.
I've been debating a paid/verified Twitter account just about ever since Musk acquired it. Perhaps I'll just go ahead and pull the trigger on it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As you can see in my post above, the initial impression was that Media Matters manipulated the Twitter algorithm to cause ads for Apple, Disney, et al to appear in conjunction with so-called "pro-Nazi" content, but now it seems that they simply created fake screenshots.

If that is the case, Apple and all the rest were duped (although they may not care) and Musk's lawsuit may bankrupt Media Matters, given the lost revenue their scam has caused and will continue to cause for Twitter I SAID TWITTER.

https://twitter.com/WallStreet.../1725921307131359664

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
As you can see in my post above, the initial impression was that Media Matters manipulated the Twitter algorithm to cause ads for Apple, Disney, et al to appear in conjunction with so-called "pro-Nazi" content, but now it seems that they simply created fake screenshots.
Wouldn't surprise me if they did either or both of those things.

The Leftinistas are pulling out all the stops to try to kill Twitter/X and, as we've seen over and over again, the only way the left can win is by cheating.

Right now I'm just awaiting further testing of the reliability of one of our two CallCentric lines for receiving text messages before I sign up for Twitter/X Premium. (I'd prefer not to give them my mobile number, but, I will if I have to.) Time to put my money where my mouth is on this one.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Elon is going to go medieval on Media Matters asses, that guy always does what he says he’s going to do if you haven’t figured that out yet.

Posts: 33847 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Bah! Twitter/X won't let me sign up for a Premium account using one of my CallCentric numbers. Balks with "unsupported carrier" or some such. Now I have to decide if I want to support them badly enough to give them my mobile number. Grrr...

I decided to go ahead and give 'em my mobile number. Went ahead with the I.D. verification to get the Coveted Blue Check-Mark, too Big Grin (Because I know plain ol' people like me having that blue check-mark really annoys the anointed.)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Deep pockets, strong allies, and facts in evidence.

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1726360221386526820

posted Hide Post
F around and find out with the guy who is poster child for having FU money. This gonna be good. I hope he breaks them and when they ask for mercy he says no.

Posts: 4781 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I suspected some underhanded crap was going on.

Since several other posts by Musk are 180 degrees from these so called "anti-semitic" posts.

I was not convinced and am willing to wait, see his actions over time and be certain, than to vilify him because someone else tells me I should.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yeah. I suspected some underhanded crap was going on.

Since several other posts by Musk are 180 degrees from these so called "anti-semitic" posts.
I got back on Twitter/X when Musk announced he intended to acquire it. Musk is one of the few non-golf-/non-fitness-related accounts I followed. Every comment he's made has been to support free speech, but, to oppose violent or threatening speech--regardless of the target. I've seen nothing from him along the lines of antisemitism, racism, sexism, fascism, white (or any other color or shade) supremacy, xenophobia, LGBTQXYZphobia, etc., etc.

Quite simply: The Leftinistas don't like him and Twitter/X because he won't suppress speech they don't like. (Which is pretty much any speech that is contrary to their agenda.)

Furthermore: Rather than an opaque "star chamber" that evaluates the accuracy of things people post they have a transparent community review process now. If you post or retweet something that's inaccurate it'll get tagged with a community review stating just what's wrong with it and you have an opportunity to rate/comment on the community review, itself.

I've had two or three RTs tagged that way. In each case the CR comments turned out to be spot on (I researched them)--in one or two cases resulting in my deleting my RT, the original having been so egregiously misleading.

Twitter/X was the first of the social media platforms I abandoned. It was the first, and, so far, the only I've seen fit to re-join. I continue to be impressed with the directions it's heading.

I regard the $84/year for a Premium account as an investment in Freedom of Speech.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Musk is too smart for them. They can investigate all they want. His resources are near endless as is his IQ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5912 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just like with Trump, the leftists think they "got him this time!" only for this to happen:

They been dying to cancel Elon since the day he announced he was buying Twitter and the hatred has only grown worse.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dave, damn it, man. Your avatar is monstrously huge. Like ridiculous.

Here, use this:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post