SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Most people who've worked for years have at some point been either laid off or fired or both. I've been both.

Boo-fucking-hoo, boys and girls. Suck it up.

Bingo right there. No fun for sure, but capitalism and freedom is what makes America great. If you're good in your trade and consistently work hard, you will often get a better deal that the one you lost. It's the incompetent and lazy that shit their diapers and cry about it. The best hustle up a new job and continue on as normal. The best move on and up. The lazy, the entitled, the incompetent, the incorrigible, whine and cry and blame and file suits. It's an old story. The honest and diligent make America great. The rest are parasites and should leave the country or stfu.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What makes me laugh at these leftist prima-donnas is that they CLEARLY poisoned twitter by policy when they ensured it was a leftist echo chamber. The knew it was infested with bots supporting their cause because they created them. They wrote algorithms to marginalize those that disagreed with the lefts ideals. Everyone now knows this is what they did, and they have the nerve to go on media saying that Elon is undermining honesty and transparency? Really?? Their dishonesty and subterfuge is truly sickening. Musk is telling them in his own way that he knows, everyone else knows, and that their little game is over.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
All that time sobbing to the dumb shits and they could be looking for another job.

Losing a job sucks.
They brought everyone together at lunch and let everyone go.
My wife damn near had a panic attack when I came home early and told her I had been let go.
When she calmed down a bit and asked what I was going to do.
I told her I would get up and go to work in the morning at my new job for $5 an hr more that I had gotten on the drive home.

Six digit paychecks and I bet none of those idiots could survive a month because they are broke and in debt to their eyeballs.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Look at what he's doing with SpaceX. People inferring he cant run an app where people post a text message is funny to me.

Gut that bitch.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Biden channeling Jimmy Two Times.

quote:
"Elon Musk goes out and buys an outlet that sends — that spews lies all across the world," Biden remarked. "There are no editors anymore in America. There are no editors."

The president seemed to suggest there was no longer any moderation on Twitter, a claim echoed by several others on the platform who are also critical of Musk.

"How do we expect kids to be able to understand what is at stake? What is at stake? So there's a lot going on, a lot going on. But we have an enormous opportunity, enormous opportunity," Biden added.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/po...ies-all-across-world

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

"Elon Musk goes out and buys an outlet that sends — that spews lies all across the world," Biden remarked.

WOW Roll Eyes

They are just FURIOUS that THEY can no longer spew their bullshit and lies via this platform without being challenged or fact checked now.

Isn’t it amazing how the Left acts like a bratty 5 year old child when they can’t get their way?

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Y'know, in years past, Biden's odd behavior would end up in the papers, in the papers.

The left must control the message 100%. Anything short of complete control of the message, and oh, the world is ending and the Nazis are running in the streets and Republicans are eating your children.

They are a ridiculous group. They're perpetually stuck at the mental age of 12.

Posts: 107566 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The leftist 'Cult' - Their 'projection' is perpetual, their lies know NO shame, they hate America & they hate Americans, they are truely absent ANY morality, and are perpetuators of evil...Power and control is their drug, and their addiction!

One has to wonder where the line is drawn between those that are in on the monumental grift to destroy civil society, and those that are the mindless kool-aid drinking lemmings willingly going along!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Human Rights team

UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights

...tackled misinfo, contextualized conversations...

Twitter an unmatched source for breaking news

Ethics, Transparency & Accountability team

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They actually believe people will be impressed by that meaningless word salad.

Years from now they'll still be wallowing in their grief, telling anyone who will listen to them about how they used to work for Twitter.

posted Hide Post
Well they could write Kamala's speeches.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Well they could write Kamala's speeches.
A stuttering magpie could write those speeches.

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They actually believe people will be impressed by that meaningless word salad.

Years from now they'll still be wallowing in their grief, telling anyone who will listen to them about how they used to work for Twitter.

Yes on the word salad but hey it makes them feel important. Future Al Bundys telling everyone about their small piece of time/greatness in their own little minds.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Elon should've known better than to try to appease and apologize to these NPC cretins. You never apologize and never appease. All it does is chum the waters.

Hopefully he keeps this in mind going forward.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Why would these business genius's want to only sell their products to one half of the economy?
You would think that everyone needing widgets they would want to sell to. Confused

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I hope some of the complainers will read and understand his tweet today (I'm too optimistic I know). A 16 year old company can't go on LOSING $4 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY. He had to make some drastic changes and cutting staff is a legitimate option.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I don't use social media. I don't book, snap, twit, tok, what or anything. I wouldn't even really know how to get started.

But if Elon doesn't appease and holds his ground. And if $8 is the only way to keep his investment viable for now, I'd consider joining. I wouldn't use it, but even though I balk and hem at $10/mo for prime music, if Musk can put up billions to get the crazy leftists to shut the fuck up and kick them out of the twit house, I can scrouge up $8/mo for awhile to help him out. I would get much more from $10 for prime music. But I am enjoying the silencing of the left (and their screeches of woe).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I don't use social media. I don't book, snap, twit, tok, what or anything. I wouldn't even really know how to get started.

But if Elon doesn't appease and holds his ground. And if $8 is the only way to keep his investment viable for now, I'd consider joining. I wouldn't use it, but even though I balk and hem at $10/mo for prime music, if Musk can put up billions to get the crazy leftists to shut the fuck up and kick them out of the twit house, I can scrouge up $8/mo for awhile to help him out. I would get much more from $10 for prime music. But I am enjoying the silencing of the left (and their screeches of woe).

It's free to use twitter.
The $8 fee is ONLY for the blue checkmark to show that you're verified as some specific person.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post