SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So what's Jack Dorsey's angle here? Is the timing of him leaving the board of Twitter a few weeks ago somehow coincidental? And now he's attacking CNN and the other Twitter board members...

Jack Dorsey Goes After CNN For Deliberately Stirring Division

TUESDAY, APR 19, 2022 - 09:28 AM
Authored by Paul Joseph Watson via Summit News,

A mask off Jack Dorsey went after CNN in a series of tweets in which the Twitter founder accused the legacy media network of deliberately creating division in society.

The controversy started when CNN’s Brian Stelter tweeted an article accusing Fox News host Tucker Carlson of “always selling the same thing…selling doubt.”

“And you all are selling hope?” Dorsey responded.

and you all are selling hope?

— jack (@jack) April 19, 2022
“They’re selling truth, which is hope-agnostic,” Democrat pollster Spiers tweeted. “It’s supposed to inform you, not make you feel some kind of way.”

However, Dorsey wasn’t having any of it and quickly shot back, “I know this from being on the streets of Ferguson during the protests and watching them try to create conflict and film it causing the protestors to chant “fuck CNN.”

I know this from being on the streets of Ferguson during the protests and watching them try to create conflict and film it causing the protestors to chant “fuck CNN”

When Dorsey was accused of “defending Tucker Carlson” (oh no, the horror), the Twitter founder responded that he was “not defending a thing” and simply “holding up a mirror.”

not defending a thing. holding up a mirror

Dorsey has been more vocal than ever before in recent days following the Twitter board, which he is about to step down from, desperately attempting to stop Elon Musk buying the platform.

On Saturday, Dorsey said the board’s attempt to block the takeover is typical of tactics that have “consistently been the dysfunction of the company.”

It’s very apparent that Dorsey has had a moral awakening in recent years in which he realizes how the regime has fully seized control of Twitter and weaponized it to monopolize truth and silence dissenting voices.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ly-stirring-division

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s very apparent that Dorsey has had a moral awakening in recent years in which he realizes how the regime has fully seized control of Twitter and weaponized it to monopolize truth and silence dissenting voices.

Imagine Dorsey's epiphany is him looking at a huge payday with a premium being paid for his shares if Musk buys it...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ly-stirring-division

LMAO, yeah right. Big Grin

EVERYTHING that Twitter has become is due to this clown.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.westernjournal.com...m_content=2022-04-19

Wildly popular Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis and self-made Billionaire and entrepreneur Elon Musk are teaming up to take on one of the world’s most powerful social media platforms.

Musk’s recently announced he would be attempting to purchase 100 percent of Twitter in a bid to create a true free-speech platform. Musk offered to buy Twitter in its entirety at $54.20 per share, a 54 percent premium on the shares’ actual value. Twitter’s board of directors — which has led the company to adopt numerous left-wing-biased censorship policies — has fought back by initiating a “poison pill,” a method of diluting Musk’s shares in order to weaken his current standing.

Recent yet-to-be-confirmed reporting indicates that Musk is about to launch a countermove by teaming up with various additional investors. As it turns out, however, Musk already has allies in ownership. The state of Florida is a shareholder in the company through the state’s pension fund, and DeSantis is currently looking into what actions he can take to thwart the Twitter board’s “poison pill” effort.

According to WJXT, during a news conference on Tuesday, DeSantis announced that a team of lawyers is currently reviewing how the state can hold the Twitter board “accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.”

It’s important to note that Musk previously used this exact language on Twitter’s platform Thursday, warning that the board may soon face legal repercussions for “breaching their fiduciary duty” to Twitter shareholders.

“I don’t want to expend resources just to kind of be able to send out a press release or something. I mean, we really want to feel like we have a solid theory to be able to win,” DeSantis said, according to WJXT.

“But I can tell you just looking at it, most of the time the people I talk to would say if you’re on the board in that situation, you really do need to sell. It’s a massive return for your shareholders. I mean, most people and their investment vehicles are not making 20 percent in a year.”

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Maybe Atlas will shrug after all!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15582 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I hope that Musk wins. I hope he gets exactly what he wants. I figure it this way: (1)He might win and help restore free speech (2)He might CLAIM to want to help restore free speech and then do exactly the opposite after he takes over, or (3)He might have no plans whatsoever to help the situation & remain true to his deadly plans all the way down the line; start to finish.

Now any way you look at it that's a 1 in 3 chance (33%) that things might get better than they are now. And it seems to me that even that small chance is an improvement over what we have now.

And it's sad to look it straight in the face and realize that for this country to pull itself up by its own bootstraps it's going to require the help of some fabulously wealthy individuals, but that's what it looks like to me. Remember Donald Trump? He falls into that category, doesn't he? And I remember what I said when he announced: I said 'One thing's for sure. He won't be owing anyone any financial favors'. Let's hope the same is true for Mr. Musk. - .... FredT

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
OT but Musk related:

The tweets from Musk come after Bill Gates apparently tried to get his fellow billionaire involved in giving money to fight climate change, according to a text message thread that Musk confirmed as authentic.

The conversation included Gates telling Musk that he "would like to discuss philanthropy possibilities" and Musk quipping back with a question about whether Gates still had a "half billion dollar short position against Tesla."

"Sorry to say I haven't closed it out," Gates replied to Musk's question about the stock position. A bit awkward.

"Sorry, but I cannot take your philanthropy on climate change seriously when you have a massive short position against Tesla, the company doing the most to solve climate change," Musk texted back of his work to make electric vehicles actually palatable — as opposed to the previous Toyota Prius-type cars — and in-demand.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...d-about-him-n2606259

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A tweet by shipwreckedcrew :

"The Twitter board now knows that the earnings report on Thurs is going to be bad and will likely tank the price further. If they wait on Musk's offer, he might pull it if the share price drops and then offer less. They need to make a deal to secure the premium Musk is offering.

The existence of his offer is supporting the current share price. If they have a bad earnings report and he pulls the offer, the share price will look like Netflix last week. If they know that will happen, they have no choice but to sell. Breach of fiduciary duty to do otherwise."

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Reuters is saying Twitter is set to accept Musk's offer.

https://www.reuters.com/techno...-sources-2022-04-25/

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Can't wait until the shit hits the fan .... it's gonna be fun! Smile

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In terms of the culture wars- if Musk is successful, it will be June 6, 1944.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Maybe Atlas will shrug after all!

Too funny ... I got it !

Of course, you did tell your Ayn Rand story of when you went to college at our gathering on Saturday.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The moment that deal goes through I will re-sign up on Twitter.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The moment that deal goes through I will re-sign up on Twitter.

The moment they dump Pootain and Allow Trump back on so will I... that will signal a paradigm shift in social media, hell it might even alter the space time continuum

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post