SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The amount of corruption is almost suffocating.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this here...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be the spokesperson of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense.

Ukrainian trans fighter 'Sarah' Ashton-Cirillo duped into interview with Russian prankster duo

https://humanevents.com/2023/0...ill-list-controversy

A video was released on Wednesday by notorious Russian pranksters Vovan and Lexus in which they successfully tricked volunteer servicemember Sarah Ashton-Cirillo, the trans-identified male former spokesperson for Ukraine, into believing he was speaking to former president and People’s Deputy Petro Poroshenko.

Two calls were made and recorded both prior to Ashton-Cirillo's being dismissed as spokesperson and after.

The two separate prank calls unearthed bombshell admissions from Ashton-Cirillo, like his desire to launch terrorist attacks on Russian propagandists such as American TV hosts and that he believes Russian “aren’t human” and want to “be slaves.”

Posts: 12729 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^^That's a dude!^^^ Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Newsweek ran a delightful story yesterday headlined “McCarthy Pits Ukraine Support Against Border Funding to Avoid Shutdown.”

So far, I’ve spared you all the ongoing hysteria the last couple weeks over the annual media frenzy that erupted, like clockwork, over the usual “high-stakes” budget negotiations and the ever-predictable threats of a federal government shutdown, which are currently flying around like spoonfuls of boiled peas and watery mashed potatoes in a 1980’s middle-school lunchroom.

Newsweek’s video teaser above the article begins with the ominous headline, “Senators warn Americans will suffer if shutdown occurs.”

Suffer? Don’t. Make. Me. Laugh.

I say fine, shut it down. All of it. Every single agency. Nobody notices anyway, except maybe National Park tourists, but we must all sacrifice a little for the common good. Or at least, that’s what they tell us. Anyway, federal workers would also get a nice paid holiday with a big check at the end. I’d even be okay with paying federal workers to not work. It’s win-win. Actually, it’s win-win-win — times infinity.

But since nobody listens to me, they won’t shut it down, and so we grit our teeth and tolerate the boring, repetitive cycle of intelligence-agency-drafted media budgetary hysterics. But this time, like a blind squirrel, McCarthy may have finally unearthed a useful chestnut. True, a third-grader would have seen this play, but we’re not used to watching Congress operate above a third-grade level, are we?

The story was, Kevin McCarthy is — allegedly — putting together a doomed budget package that would force the federal government to do something meaningful to stop the invasion at our Southern Border before any more taxpayer money gets Fedexed over to the deep state’s crack house, also known as the country of “Ukraine,” which is an ancient Russian word that translates to English as “Thanks, Suckers!”

Newsweek reported that McCarthy told reporters yesterday, “If want to focus on Ukraine and not focus on the southern border, I think their priorities are backwards.”

I mean, the irony! As McCarthy seems to be saying, and this is the point, or the res gestae, we are currently paying billions and billions and billions and throwing our entire arsenal — except maybe for our fleet of high-tech, semi-autonomous F35 fighter jets, which a military spokesman insisted were not “lost,” just “misplaced,” and will be found any day now, probably — apart from those, we’re doing everything humanly possible to STOP THE INVASION IN UKRAINE.

Get it?

What about stopping the invasion a little closer to home? Like, RIGHT DOWN THERE. You know. The UNITED STATES’s border. Why don’t we send some Bradley “fighting vehicles” and Leopard tanks and cluster mines or whatever else we’re tossing down the Eastern European toilet down to the SOUTHERN BORDER instead? I mean, instead of paying corrupt Ukrainian oligarchic Nazis to fight Russians, why don’t we pay the Cartels to close OUR border? Seriously, what’s the difference?

Or instead of blowing up underwater Russian pipelines, how about we blow up the pipeline through Central America? Instead of sanctioning Lithuanians for selling chicken coops to Russian farmers, how about we sanction Mexico for invading the U.S.? Instead of destroying the Kerch Bridge between Russia and the Crimean Peninsula, how about we destroy the human bridge into America?

I could do this all day.

Good luck, Kevin. Speaker McCarthy earns a lot of well-deserved criticism, but focusing Congress on this issue was a solid move. Your move, deep state.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Map Summarizes Status Of Ukraine War & Russia's Strategy

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...s-status-ukraine-war

A new map and series of infographics created and published by The New York Times on Thursday shows a stalemated frontline stretching from southern Ukraine and across the entire east of the country. It also underscores that Russia exercises control over the vast majority of the territories of Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk, and Zaporizhzhia—which was a stated goal of Putin's war aims.

The Times finds that "Less territory changed hands in August than in any other month of the war" and that "While Ukraine made small gains in the south, Russia took slightly more land overall, mostly in the northeast." And in total, the report says, "When both sides’ gains are added up, Russia now controls nearly 200 square miles more territory in Ukraine compared with the start of the year."

Additionally, the NY Times points out that the total amount of territory which changed hands since the start of 2023 (in Russia's favor) is smaller than the size of New York City and smaller than Ukraine's capital of Kiev.

One war analyst cited in the Times report underscored that it appears Russia is "comfortable" maintaining control of what it already possesses, and has laid miles of minefields and erected defenses which have proven a nightmare for the Ukrainians:

Rather than seeking rapid gains, the Russian military appears to be comfortable holding the territory it already controls, according to Marina Miron, a postdoctoral researcher in war studies at King’s College London. "It’s not losing anything by not moving forward," she said.

Russia’s forces outnumber Ukraine’s nearly three to one on the battlefield, and with a larger population to replenish its ranks, Russia could see a prolonged defense as in its interests.

"The whole strategy in Ukraine is for the Russians to let the Ukrainians run against those defenses, kill as many as possible, and destroy as much Western equipment as possible," she added.

In essence Russia can run out the clock while Ukraine faces continuing high rates of attrition, and weakening Western resolve, and a splintering NATO alliance.

Meanwhile Russia is set to raise defense spending by nearly 70% next year as it increasingly sees itself in a bigger de facto conflict with the West...

Zelensky's government, if and when it finally concedes that it must negotiate, will be forced to cede the four territories - or at least the bulk. New lines have been drawn and Russian forces aren't going anywhere, no matter how many billions in western weapons and ammo are poured into Kiev—that's at least according to the commentary of 'realist' observers.

Maps at link.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine that. But, if we rape the treasury for another hundred billion, and the leftist automatons on Twitter put up a few more Ukrainian flags on their accounts, I'm sure the Russians will flee in terror.

Posts: 107699 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The whole strategy in Ukraine is for the Russians to let the Ukrainians run against those defenses, kill as many as possible, and destroy as much Western equipment as possible," she added.

In essence Russia can run out the clock while Ukraine faces continuing high rates of attrition, and weakening Western resolve, and a splintering NATO alliance.

Simple… and effective.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/RaheemKass...outhern-border-chaos

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To answer Musk's question- because that's where the money is.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House passes bill to keep government open for 45 days, headed to Senate

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The House passed a 45-day stopgap measure Saturday afternoon, according to multiple reports. The House has adjourned until Monday.

The measure passed with bipartisan support and lacks additional funding for Ukraine, according to NBC News.

According to reports, the Senate is expected to pass the bill to avoid a government shutdown.

posted Hide Post
At what point will Zelensky realize he already lost. Nearly all of the equipment we have given Ukraine was destroyed by Russian forces within the first week of their "counter offensive. Some of the Russian military telegrams I read put Western vehicle losses at 95% (or more!) How much longer can Ukraine sustain 20 to 1 losses vs Russia??

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
At what point will Zelensky realize he already lost.
When the money stops.

posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What the fuck is this horse shit? Seriously, what is it? It sounds like scripted lies and propaganda. Who the fuck is this and why do they sound so completely full of shit, but with an awkwardly polished exterior?

For some reason I am unable to articulate, I feel like these people should have been clusterbombed during the recording of this propaganda.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ukraine’s Transgender Spokesperson Returns to Duty After Suspension, Announces Book Deal

https://www.breitbart.com/euro...announces-book-deal/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, this shit is just too fucking bizarre. It's layer upon layer of bullshit and lies and freakish behavior and corruption.

Crooks, creeps and con artists, and every time we turn around, it gets worse.

posted Hide Post
And just think about who is paying the salaries of these Ukrainian Officials.

We are, through our government.

Before and after photos.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/20...journalist-funky-id/

"For crossing borders, I have a valid US passport. Some of the info is out of date. Issued by the state department, it says my name is Michael John Cirillo and that I’m a male."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/euro...-grenades-on-flight/

Russian President Vladimir Putin suggested on Thursday that Wagner private army boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and his men died when, while probably drunk and high, they accidentally set off a grenade during a flight that exploded and killed all on board in August.

Putin has blocked international investigators from examining the wreckage of the flight; his claims were based on a Russian government assessment of the remains of the plane.

Putin, speaking in Moscow on Thursday, claimed he had been briefed by the “head of the Investigative Committee” and blamed Prigozhin himself for the crash based on the evidence they provided him.

The Russian President claimed it was “established fact” there was no external impact on the plane – exonerating himself from a missile attack on his rival’s plane if true – and that hand grenade fragments “were found in the bodies of those killed in the crash.”

Making implicit the view that those onboard had accidentally killed themselves by playing with a live grenade while under the influence of alcohol and drugs, Putin expressed his regret the investigation team had not taken the time to do a toxicology screening on the remains of the deceased to “determine whether alcohol or drugs were present.” Implying they were drug users, Putin said “we all know” the security services “found five kilograms of cocaine in the company’s office.”

“That’s all I can say,” Putin reportedly concluded.

so there you go. Prigozhin blew himself up. Nothing to see here

Posts: 19602 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post