SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
President tried to say words tonight. Was surprised about his continued support for Isreal. Also surprised that he was so aggressive with his statements towards Russia. He doesn't project power, probably shouldn't poke Putin.

Dumb question, any reason we couldn't do $100,000,000,000 arms sale instead of $100b gift?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
At what point will Zelensky realize he already lost. Nearly all of the equipment we have given Ukraine was destroyed by Russian forces within the first week of their "counter offensive. Some of the Russian military telegrams I read put Western vehicle losses at 95% (or more!) How much longer can Ukraine sustain 20 to 1 losses vs Russia??
You got bad information sir. Way bad. Ukraine has been on a steady diet of russian scrap metal, in their homeland forests and fields, in Sevastipol and out in the Black Sea, that piece of crap Kerch bridge and, their homeland airfields populated by russian aircraft and, airfields inside russia. Ukraine has lost very little of the western supplied equipments when compared to the junk russia fields.

Posts: 17910 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US Diverts Ammunition For Ukraine To Israel In Yet Another Blow To Zelensky

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...nother-blow-zelensky

Just ahead of President Biden's Thursday night speech wherein he made the case for the US keeping up funding both for Ukraine and Israel as it launches its war in Gaza, Axios issued a report detailing that Washington is preparing to divert ammunition meant for Kiev to the Israelis.

"The Pentagon plans to send Israel tens of thousands of 155mm artillery shells that had been destined for Ukraine from U.S. emergency stocks several months ago, three Israeli officials with knowledge of the situation tell Axios," journalist Barak Ravid wrote.

These 155mm artillery shells, which Ukraine has been badly in need of given Russian artillery supplies have been steady and far superior, will be shipped "in the coming weeks" instead to Israel in order to fill the depleted emergency stocks the US keeps there.

Under a long-standing bilateral agreement, the Pentagon stores ammunition on Israeli soil. While it belongs and is overseen by the US military, part of the agreement is that Israel's Armed Forces (IDF) can access it under US approval in a war scenario.

Starting at some point in late 2022, these emergency stockpiles of artillery shells held in Israel began being sent to Ukraine. But now, with the Gaza war entering full swing, Israel will get the extra supplies instead.

This move without doubt is yet another blow to the Zelensky government, which has retreated from the media spotlight ever since the Hamas terror attack on southern Israel on Oct. 7. International press has focused on 24/7 Israel-Gaza coverage.

A key part of Ukraine's strategy of keeping up constant support, which has included tens of billions in aid flowing in from the West, has been to keep Zelensky and the Ukrainian cause center stage in terms of global awareness. Now those days appear over.

Pentagon spokesman Patrick Ryder sought to defend the move, stressing "we can support both Ukraine and Israel in terms of their defensive needs," in line with other top US officials.

"We are engaged in comprehensive coordination across the Department of Defense," an unnamed US defense official had told Axios. "This includes working closely with our combatant commands to ascertain which munitions and equipment from the U.S. inventory can be quickly made available for Israel’s needs."

More at link

Posts: 12729 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
we can support both Ukraine and Israel in terms of their defensive needs

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dumb question, any reason we couldn't do $100,000,000,000 arms sale instead of $100b gift?

To have an arms sale, you need a supplier and a buyer. And I think the American tax payer is tired of being both.

Unless the US is willing to put boots on the ground, Ukraine is going to lose this war. I know that's a hard truth to swallow, and it's going to cause some hurt feelings, but that's how it is.

Israel/Hamas/Hezbollah is an entirely separate issue, and should be treated as such.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starting at some point in late 2022, these emergency stockpiles of artillery shells held in Israel began being sent to Ukraine. But now, with the Gaza war entering full swing, Israel will get the extra supplies instead.

And when the Israel-Hamas war ends, those shells will start being shipped to Ukraine. Z just has to hope the Hamas conflict doesn't last.

Seems like those investments into the war machine companies will continue to pay off for congress....

Posts: 23551 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like those investments into the war machine companies will continue to pay off for congress....

$100 billion here, $100 billion there...

It doesn't matter if we can "afford" it because everyone knows we can't. We just keep printing more. It doesn't matter if we lose our status as the world's reserve currency. We will.
It only matters that the current crop of congress critters "gets theirs" before it all implodes.

The current fight for the Speaker's gavel is really about whether we can keep this up.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

To have an arms sale, you need a supplier and a buyer. And I think the American tax payer is tired of being both.

Unless the US is willing to put boots on the ground, Ukraine is going to lose this war. I know that's a hard truth to swallow, and it's going to cause some hurt feelings, but that's how it is.

Israel/Hamas/Hezbollah is an entirely separate issue, and should be treated as such.

Isreal is not a poor country, they can pay for weapons.

I'm not the one lumping together, Biden is. Either way I prefer to not fund wars or do anything to drag us into wars.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

$100 billion here, $100 billion there...

It doesn't matter if we can "afford" it because everyone knows we can't. We just keep printing more. It doesn't matter if we lose our status as the world's reserve currency. We will.
It only matters that the current crop of congress critters "gets theirs" before it all implodes.

The current fight for the Speaker's gavel is really about whether we can keep this up.

I thought Israel was doing pretty well financially, surprised that they need any assistance in the funding department. If nothing else, they should be able to print their own money.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12729 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isreal is not a poor country, they can pay for weapons.

I'm not the one lumping together, Biden is. Either way I prefer to not fund wars or do anything to drag us into wars.

To your first point - if that, why this? Meaning, if they're so well off, why do we continue to fund them? US funding to Israel

To your second point - I agree. It is the Biden administration trying to combo-bank-roll everything everywhere all the time. I wasn't calling you out personally, just saying I'd like to see us - aside from the safe return of US hostages - stay out of all of it.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
At what point will Zelensky realize he already lost. Nearly all of the equipment we have given Ukraine was destroyed by Russian forces within the first week of their "counter offensive. Some of the Russian military telegrams I read put Western vehicle losses at 95% (or more!) How much longer can Ukraine sustain 20 to 1 losses vs Russia??
You got bad information sir. Way bad. Ukraine has been on a steady diet of russian scrap metal, in their homeland forests and fields, in Sevastipol and out in the Black Sea, that piece of crap Kerch bridge and, their homeland airfields populated by russian aircraft and, airfields inside russia. Ukraine has lost very little of the western supplied equipments when compared to the junk russia fields.

I think you are seriously misinformed

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oldbill, to date I believe russia has destroyed or damaged very few of the wests tanks supplied by Germany and England, some of which are being repaired. Ukraine has only 10 of the 31 US MBTs so far and none reported lost in battle. By contrast, russia lost 51 tanks and armored vehicles in just 1 battle yesterday. Ukraine has destroyed a number or russian ships and 1 kilo class sub. Ukraines Ocean baby drones have had a percentage of success in hitting ships. They've recieved 20 of a indefinate number of US ATACMs older missles and have taken out a airfield of attack helos both MI8 and K52s. I have heard of 1 Bradley being captured by russia. Ukraine has pretty much destroyed all of russias counter battery radars so their artillary is less effective. Ukraine has destroyed several electronic warfare vehicles of russia. They dont have many of those. Ukrainian drones are very good at blasting russian tanks, even their new t90. I believe russia has lost near 50% of their tanks and FVs thus far and dont exactly have their manufacturing base fired up. To date, I've not heard or read of a single M109 arty gun being damaged or captured. I've not heard or read of a single M270 gmlrs or M242 himars being damaged or captured by russia. Maybe 1 damaged himars launcher. Ukraine has lost some russian aircraft and have shot down quite a number of russian fixed and rotory wing aircraft. These are things I keep up with online every day. If you know something different sir, I would be pleased if you shared. Thanx..

Posts: 17910 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
...from U.S. emergency stocks...

And what about US? Our needs? We are now depleted.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38705 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Lee
Admittedly, it is impossible to know the truth of the situation. However, My government has a long history of lying to me. So, I have taken the perspective that whatever is pushed on mainstream as true, the exact opposite is likely the truth. Been working well

https://darkfutura.substack.co...e&utm_medium=reader2

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before turning in I took a look at the Treehouse and saw this.

The opening line is a bit sensational, but overall the situation is worrisome nonetheless knowing that we don't know whose is really running the show in the U.S. Government.

U.S. Launches Retaliatory Strikes Against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in Syria

This could be the beginning of World War III, or just another step in the general direction.

According to the Pentagon, the U.S. just launched airstrikes against the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in Syria.

PENTAGON – Today, at President Biden’s direction, U.S. military forces conducted self-defense strikes on two facilities in eastern Syria used by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and affiliated groups. These precision self-defense strikes are a response to a series of ongoing and mostly unsuccessful attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-backed militia groups that began on October 17.

As a result of these attacks, one U.S. citizen contractor died from a cardiac incident while sheltering in place; 21 U.S. personnel suffered from minor injuries, but all have since returned to duty. The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today’s action to make clear that the United States will not tolerate such attacks and will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests.

The United States does not seek conflict and has no intention nor desire to engage in further hostilities, but these Iranian-backed attacks against U.S. forces are unacceptable and must stop. Iran wants to hide its hand and deny its role in these attacks against our forces. We will not let them. If attacks by Iran’s proxies against U.S. forces continue, we will not hesitate to take further necessary measures to protect our people.

These narrowly tailored strikes in self-defense were intended solely to protect and defend U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria. They are separate and distinct from the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, and do not constitute a shift in our approach to the Israel-Hamas conflict. We continue to urge all state and non-state entities not to take action that would escalate into a broader regional conflict.

(Via CNN) – […] Earlier Thursday, the US announced it is deploying about 900 troops to the Middle East – with the potential for many more. The US has also moved two carrier strike groups to the eastern Mediterranean Sea and an amphibious ready group closer to Israel in the waters of the Middle East.

The US strikes follow a growing number of attacks against US forces in Iraq and Syria since October 17. As of Thursday afternoon, US forces had come under attack at least 12 separate times in Iraq and four separate times in Syria, resulting in 21 US service members suffering injuries. The Pentagon said the injuries were all minor and that the troops have returned to duty. One US civilian contractor suffered a fatal heart attack as a result of a false alarm at one of the bases in Iraq.

On Wednesday, Biden issued a strong warning to Iran about its proxies attacking US forces in the region. “My warning to the ayatollah was that if they continued to move against those troops, we will respond, and they should be prepared.” Biden also said the presence of US troops in Iraq and Syria is focused on the campaign to defeat ISIS and is not related to the ongoing conflict in Israel.

But Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian did not attempt to tamp down the tensions Thursday at an emergency session of the UN General Assembly, stating that the US “will not be spared from this fire” if the war in Gaza doesn’t end. Earlier this week, the minister had said that Iran had received two messages from the US, though he would not say how or when the messages were delivered. The first message said the US was not interested in a wider expansion of the conflict, he said, while the second urged Iran and its partners to have self-restraint.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.express.co.uk/news...o-russia-ukraine-war

Vladimir Putin's close ally Alexander Lukashenko has made a huge intervention after warning Russia and Ukraine are locked in a "serious stalemate" as he called for sit-down peace talks and an end to the brutal war.

The Russian and Belarusian presidents have been close allies for several years, with territory in Lukashenko's neighboring country used as a launch pad for Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022. They have also held regular meetings since the start of the war.

In June, Belarus started taking delivery of Russian tactical nuclear weapons in a chilling new development in the seemingly blossoming relationship between the two allies.

But the stunning new U-turn from Lukashenko is the first time he has come forward seeking a truce in the conflict.

He said in a question-and-answer video posted on the website of the Belarusian state news agency BelTA: "There are enough problems on both sides and in general, the situation is now seriously stalemate - no one can do anything and substantively strengthen or advance their position.

"They’re there head-to-head, to the death, entrenched. People are dying. We need to sit down at the negotiating table and come to an agreement.

"As I once said - no preconditions are needed. The main thing is that the 'stop’ command is given."

Posts: 19602 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Fuck Russia. Fuck Belarus.
Let the Ukes keep on slaughtering them.
They're killing them 20+ to 1.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
They're killing them 20+ to 1.

A citation for the 20-1 ratio? I'm not saying it's wrong but I've seen many ratios quoted that are nowhere near that. From the New York Times, a huge fan boy of the Ukraine-Russian war:

quote:

According to Pentagon documents leaked in the spring, Russia had suffered 189,500 to 223,000 casualties, including up to 43,000 killed in action. One document said that as of February, Ukraine had suffered 124,500 to 131,000 casualties, with as many as 17,500 killed in action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...-war-casualties.html

If the above numbers are anywhere near accurate that is roughly a 2.5/1 kill ratio for Ukraine. IMO, unsustainable from a Ukraine point of view.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Whichever propaganda comforts...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post