SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I like watching Russian armor blow the fuck up. It's even better when other countries do it for me.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
What’s also funny about that picture is every other country that is also marked “Not America” are all NATO members and if Russia invaded any of them we’d automatically have US boots on the ground due to Treaty requirements.

Posts: 4219 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Maybe, maybe not - there's a surprising amount of wriggle room in Article 5.

What we do know is that Ukraine sent troops to help us when we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. As, come to think of it, did most (all?) of NATO.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ Maybe, maybe not - there's a surprising amount of wriggle room in Article 5.

What we do know is that Ukraine sent troops to help us when we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. As, come to think of it, did most (all?) of NATO.

Best part of being in Afghanistan in 2004 was the NATO DFAC. Wow, the food was amazing. And almost got to trade a Danish P210 for my M9. And in 2007 the most dangerous place in the International Zone in Baghdad was being on the road when Georgian (Country, not state) troops were driving their Deuce and Halfs. They don't use breaks, and act like they are time trialing for a NASCAR event...

And NATO is being impacted by this. Germany is going to have a heating crisis this winter. Sanctions on Russian fuel exports are causing a spike in global demand for oil. Ukraine is one of the top food exporters in the world and are unable to get their grains out. Basic supply and demand laws. Supply is going down, but demand is the same, then prices go up. Like at the gas station and the supermarkets here. The longer this war drags on, the more we will feel it here.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Oh dear Lord

Are Brandon’s handlers now trying to push China into trying to invade Taiwan?

Looks like stuff requiring Chinese semiconductors (ie MOST EVERYTHING) is going to get even harder to buy now:

I’m honestly frightened that Biden actually did something I agree with. We need to realize that China is not our friend. We need to make sure that high tech manufacturing capabilities remain in the US, regardless of the cost. Our ability to manufacture things is a matter of National security. We need to start making it harder for companies to empower China and make it easier to weaken our country by propping up another country’s manufacturing capabilities, especially as it relates to their ability to manufacture implements of war.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Boston did just develop a Covid strain with an 80 percent mortality rate so we still make some things

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The good thing about all the funding given to Ukraine is that there is zero oversight over the money. But I trust it is all going for a good purpose. Probably being used to undermind our own country with our own money

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Good job promoting American values.

Plus we tried the stay out of other peoples trouble for the first 175 years of our existence. How did that work out?[/QUOTE]

We don't have those values. Most rational countries don't want what we are exporting and that is our "culture"

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I really find it amusing that a country smaller than TX. Could be making huge shortages on a world stage.
We make more than enough of everything to supply ourselves with everything we need. Any most of our allies too.

We just need to quit giving it away to those who hate us.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19245 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
We don't have those values. Most rational countries don't want what we are exporting and that is our "culture"

True. Add to that, go to any of those countries in that map I posted and tell them how we do things and I'll bet my last dollar they remind you that you are not in America. But when I say it, it's not promoting American values. Is that irony? It might be irony. Maybe just sarcasm, I'm not sure where it ranks.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
The good thing about all the funding given to Ukraine is that there is zero oversight over the money.

This is a very important point, and I agree completely that any moneys going to this effort needs to accounted for...down to the cent.

However much it costs, I don't care. But I want to know where every penny is going. Sadly, I suspect that many of those pennies are going into Nancy Pelosi's and Adam Schiff's pockets. THAT is as much of a crime as what Russia has done.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Good job promoting American values. Tell nations that want to enjoy freedom and capitalism to fuck off and die when threatened by an evil neighbor. I'm sure more nations are going to want to be allies with us with that attitude. And if we were to need their help again in the future, and we told them to piss up a rope when they needed help... On your map it is easier to count the nations who DIDN'T help us after 9/11 than who did.

Plus we tried the stay out of other peoples trouble for the first 175 years of our existence. How did that work out?

Agreed. What a silly ass pic. (no offense intended to the poster of it).

Many of those countries are NATO treaty members, who we have given our word to that we will defend them. Is our word worth nothing?

This is more directed at the idiot who MADE the map, and the short sighted, head in the sand attitude that has led to many catastrophes in the modern age. Did Neville Chamberlain come back to life and start making memes?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Sad but of course we'd loose in a war with China.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/euro...-confirms-explosion/

Around 164 feet of the Nord Stream One pipeline is reportedly gone following the alleged sabotage of the pipelines as Danish authorities confirm the damage was caused by an explosion.

The damage to the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 pipelines was caused by explosions, according to Danish police, who, along with the intelligence service PET and the Danish Armed Forces, announced that investigations at the sites revealed the damage had been caused by powerful blasts.

“On the basis of the preliminary investigations, PET and the Copenhagen Police have decided to set up a joint investigation group to handle the further investigation of the incidents,” the Danish authorities said in a press release.

On Tuesday, the Swedish newspaper Expressen published the first images of the damage done to the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, noting that around 164 feet worth of pipe was missing due to the damage from the explosion that has been theorised as deliberate sabotage.

Posts: 19606 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The new victims of Putin's war: divorced dads.

Turns out that a lot of women in Russia are not very happy with their exes. The solution? Rat them out to the draft mobilization board. If the guy goes in, then his pay (should it ever be given to him, which is apparently an open question) goes into a bank account that Russian courts can find and sequester. And, of course, if he gets killed, then theoretically his ex-wife (and kid or kids, if any) get the survivorship benefits.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/scor...draft-163814296.html

So take heed, guys - no mail-order brides if the Russian mobilization board can find you!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Looks like the tick-tock on Taiwan has begun/elevated; very shortly Emperor Xi, complicit/corrupt Brandon before he gets sidelined by new congress, and we’re late sending weapons again.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Russian Su-25 pilot films his own ejection after his aircraft is hit.

Meanwhile, indications mount that the Russians will withdraw from the entire Kherson district north of the Dniepro River. Their logistics are precarious since the only two regular crossings of the river - a bridge near Kherson City and a reservoir dam upstream - have long been under Ukrainian fire, to the point where they're closed for traffic, and most goes via a pontoon bridge and ferries. The bombing of the Kerch Strait bridge between Russia and Crimea, still only open to passenger traffic, can't have helped. So far, the Ukrainians seem to have been running against the Russian defenses with little gain and heavy losses though.

However, for some weeks the Russians have called upon civilians in the area - and reportedly pressured them directly, sent kids on one-way "vacation trips", etc. - to evacuate to Crimea or Russia proper. Their new overall commander for Ukraine has spoken of a difficult situation and difficult decisions ahead on TV. By now, their civilian and military administration are reported to have left the city and other towns in the district. They have also been venting water from the reservoir, and both sides have accused each other of planning to blow the dam, causing flooding downstream. Personally, I think it would make little sense for the Ukrainians to expand a water obstacle in front of more territory they want to retake, while it would make every bit of sense for the Russians if they intend to withdraw behind it.

Most ominously, Russia has been claiming that Ukraine plans to explode a "dirty bomb" as a false flag attack. They've made that claim before during fighting for the Zaporizha nuclear power plant upstream of the reservoir; but this time they have been calling NATO defense ministers doing the same. There is some fear that they are preparing the ground to justify use of a nuke of their own; maybe just an atmospheric test, maybe a weapons demonstration in the Arctic or over the Black Sea, but maybe actual battlefield use. Then again, it might just be about Zaporizha again, as blowing the dam might critically lower water levels; though the plant has been shut down for weeks, the reactors still need to be cooled to prevent meltdown from residual heat.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the rest of the video, I was thinking the first 15 seconds was from a video game.

The fact that Putin is claiming Ukraine is planning a dirty bomb is fucking scary. One more piece that Putin is ready to pop a nuke to salvage a losing war. God help us all.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
From what I've gathered, Russia is very unlikely to blow the dam you're referring to as its reservoir serves as the only source of fresh water to Crimea. Similarly, a dirty bomb makes no sense in the area as you would contaminate the same. Both hyped scenarios sound like Ukraine propaganda.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post