SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Here's the point: Russia has NO RIGHT, whatsoever to "annex" any country. Period.

What they have done is wrong legally and morally. Every effort must be taken to stop what they have done. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but it's worth it. I'd even go so far as sending "boots on the ground". Ivan cannot be allowed to do what he wants.

OK you first. No one is stopping you.

Do you have a son you can send as well?

You might be surprised, or maybe not, that when this whole shit show started, I did look into how I might be able to contribute to their war effort...be it medically or whatever. I was willing to give up my job and go overseas for this effort. Turns out, there's not much of a call for 58 year old out of shape guys in a war zone who don't speak the language.

Were I a younger fella, serving when I did (near when you did), I'd have been proud to go there and fight those commie bastards. I'm surprised that you don't feel the same way.

Posts: 20250 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right or wrong? What a simplistic view. We have no business there protecting their borders when the exact same people are erasing ours. Freedom is a concept long lost on Americans if it ever existed at all. This is about one world government and a Chinese model of control.

Faith is a funny thing. The left believes their ideas despite evidence to the contrary. The opposition is likewise blinded by their dogma and refuse to expand their understanding. Faith means never having to be proven wrong. Maybe that is all humans can really handle. We deserve the slavery that is coming

Posts: 1426 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Any aid to Ukraine should be contingent on active peace negotiations. We're conducting a proxy war and contributing to human suffering...possibly even prolonging the whole debacle. The whole cold war mentality doesn't apply. Putin isn't going to roll tanks across Europe...that's preposterous. It's a regional dispute and a negotiated settlement would have already occurred if globalist hadn't rushed to pour trillions into Ukraine in the hopes of toppling the Putin regime.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Ukraine isn't worth spending one American cent, let alone life, on. There are no good guys and bad guys, just bad guys and worse guys. Sell them weapons on a cash-and-carry basis, maybe. They should be flush with cash.
quote:
We have no business there protecting their borders when the exact same people are erasing ours.

Agreed. Funny how the left cares about borders all of a sudden. Roll Eyes In addition, I have a problem taking this war seriously when its leader can take time out to interview with Vogue. You didn't see Winston Churchill doing that when his country was being bombed.

Posts: 28198 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:Putin isn't going to roll tanks across Europe...that's preposterous. It's a regional dispute...

Just so the record is clear, Putin IS rolling tanks across Europe. Right now. And one could readily argue that all major wars start as "regional disputes".

Posts: 73 | Registered: February 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prj:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:Putin isn't going to roll tanks across Europe...that's preposterous. It's a regional dispute...

Just so the record is clear, Putin IS rolling tanks across Europe. Right now. And one could readily argue that all major wars start as "regional disputes".

That's hilarious and technically true. We're the country likely to make this more than a regional dispute.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ukraine isn't worth spending one American cent, let alone life, on. There are no good guys and bad guys, just bad guys and worse guys...

Yeah, I know it sounds harsh...
but that's the truth. It's not our problem.

quote:
We have no business there protecting their borders when the exact same people are erasing ours.

OUR border IS our problem.

OUR government has lost sight of the purpose of the DEFENSE department. Defend the US. We are being invaded. Everyday.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24311 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
JHC!!!!! chellim1 for Governor, President, Senator…hell…ANYTHING!!!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No American blood for Ukraine. No more weapons. No more cash.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16225 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Putin started the war. Period. He has stated that he wants to rebuild Russia and reclaim the territory it lost when the Soviet Union collapsed. He is a thug and a brutal dictator. He isn't invading to liberate Ukraine. He is doing it to claim the land and resources there. He wants his name to be remembered as one of Moscow's great leaders and have his name up there with Peter the Great or Joseph Stalin.

If we choose to ignore it, then what? We become like 19th Century USA? Even when we tried to stay out of European conflicts in the first half of the 20th Century, we were dragged into it. If we were to allow Putin to annex Ukraine, think he would stop there? And what lesson is China learning? If we decide that Ukraine can be thrown to the wolves because it isn't our problem, then what? China invades Taiwan? Really our problem? Or grabs some of the islands Japan owns off China's coast. Still not our problem?

Yes Biden is an idiot, but do we want the US to become know as an appeaser of a modern Hitler? I would rather back Biden on this issue than see the US turned into global coward that runs when things are difficult.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Right or wrong? What a simplistic view.

Ah, yes, its always simplistic when you're dead wrong. Here's the problem with that: the Ukrainians argue they're right because they didn't provoke anything and are defending themselves. The Russians have to make up a never-ending series of implausible excuses (NATO is encroaching rather than responding to nations' trying to join NATO on their own initiative, Ukraine and its Jewish President are all Nazis, Ukraine never actually existed so invading Ukraine and killing Ukrainians is no big deal). It's pretty damned obvious that the Ukrainians are right and the Russians are trying to justify the indefensible, so right and wrong is the correct measure of who we should support.
quote:

If ukrainians are rushing the border, it's because Putin invaded their country for no good reason. At the same time, it's kind of hard to blame the Ukrainians for our problems at the border when illegals are more likely to come from Latin America, the Middle East or Asia than any part of Europe.
quote:
Freedom is a concept long lost on Americans if it ever existed at all. This is about one world government and a Chinese model of control.

That all sounds fine, heck, it even sounds stirring. What relationship does it have to our actual involvement in Ukraine, and how are the Ukrainians foisting one-world government on anyone by resisting Russia's imperialist and revanchist ambitions?
quote:
Faith means never having to be proven wrong.

Indeed. Do you have anything to offer on the subject rather than your faith in isolationism when Russia launches an unprovoked attack on another country?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Yeah, I know it sounds harsh...
but that's the truth. It's not our problem.
No, but the Russians have been for over one hundred years. If the Ukrainians are willing to fight for their own reasons, it makes plenty of sense to supply them in order to cripple Russian ambitions on the other side of the Atlantic.

That was what all those weapons we're giving them were made for anyway. It's just that the Ukrainians are willing to do the heavy lifting if we'll provide them the means.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
for over one hundred years. If the Ukrainians are willing to fight for their own reasons, it makes plenty of sense to supply them in order to cripple Russian ambitions on the other side of the Atlantic.

Looks like the Russians have become the biggest arms supplier to Ukraine now.
With all the troops retreating and leaving everything behind.

Looks like Ukraine has become a proving ground for our new weapons.
And we don't have to be the ones testing them.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39797 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34136 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Bears repeating; No American blood for Ukraine. No more weapons. No more cash.

Posts: 6451 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Bears repeating; No American blood for Ukraine. No more weapons. No more cash.

I’m in this camp. It’s not our responsibility to save Ukraine from Russia. Not with money, not with arms and technology, and most especially not with American troops.

Posts: 17363 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believing that the people that have consistently lied to me for the last several years are now telling me the truth because it is what I want to hear ? This is a money laundering, political extortion operation that is being covered up with American money and Ukrainian/Russian blood. I do not support it in any way for any reason. I weakens this country. A mass killing of many across the globe. Destroys Europe and Germany stability and making a third world war much more likely for a country that is not an ally nor an interest.
Right vs wrong when all parties involved are wrong. Russia can have the borderlands. I care not
But you can believe what you want to. Critical thinking skills died long ago

Posts: 1426 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17363 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Good job promoting American values. Tell nations that want to enjoy freedom and capitalism to fuck off and die when threatened by an evil neighbor. I'm sure more nations are going to want to be allies with us with that attitude. And if we were to need their help again in the future, and we told them to piss up a rope when they needed help... On your map it is easier to count the nations who DIDN'T help us after 9/11 than who did.

Plus we tried the stay out of other peoples trouble for the first 175 years of our existence. How did that work out?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You didn't have to quote the image for me to know who you were addressing.

Look, I'm not saying never help anyone. What I am saying is this one should squarely not be our problem. There's all kinds of things that make nations not want to be our allies beyond not just jumping up with an invasion force every time someone in the world has a conflict of any kind. If people are going to actually suggest in all seriousness that we need to send boots over to Ukraine, I'm going to come back with as equally a ridiculous a post. Fair?

There's a balance, and we haven't found it yet.