SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Arc,

I've never talked with you on the Forum, or by email or in person, but I've read a lot of your posts, most of which I think I agreed with, at least to some extent if not completely.

You are quite intelligent and you write well and I have the impression you'd be a loyal friend and someone most people would like to hang out with. You speak your mind, honestly I believe, and that's not a bad thing for anyone.

I do think you are wrong on God, and I confess that I hope you'll change your mind. I also think your reference to the "rules" in the Bible which you say aren't followed may be misplaced or misinformed.

If you are talking about the dietary or ceremonial law, given to the Children of Israel that's no longer in effect. If it's some other rules you are referring to, I'm, perhaps, not aware of them.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Anyone who has/gets “bad blood” on an internet board has bigger issues than just disagreements on a forum.
Most on this board agree to disagree and move on. Which is as it should be for people with lives.

This...but you are an asshole...so am I..... so are most my friends.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’ve been here a long time, read many of your posts, arc. I have no problem with you. Guess I’m a bit of an asshole, too. You’re one of us, brother.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10492 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Meh, so you think people think you're a butthole. Ain't nothing special. It's not like you're the only one in the world.

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet:

Oh, no, it’s been in my head since this thread started.

quote:

I do think there is something out there, but the established religions for the most part have shown themselves to be as credible as worshiping Zeus, Odin, or any number of old gods we have no use for. The idea that there are different sects of Muslims who can't agree, would be ridiculous if it wasn't the story of many other religions as well.

I found Job: A Comedy of Justice by Heinlein to be quite influential at a young age.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point.
You did something right - we love ya!

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
Weren’t you yelling about waffles in the supermarket?

I don’t think you’re an asshole. You’re honest and blunt. Nothing wrong with that.

I did. I regret reporting the encounter. 24hr supermarkets were a thing. Are they still?

24 hr market...Porter sq star market man.

I’ll be at redbones in Davis..
Grab me a cup of sugar if you go.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Redbones? You mean Drybones. I appreciate the idea but they got swamped. Blue Ribbon is OK. The Northeast sucks for BBQ after you've lived in the south. Oh well.

I've never needed a supermarket in Porter, the last 24hr big box was the South Bay Home Depot I thought. It's not anymore, because uh, theft.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
The web can make an asshole of us all. Some are a little better at resisting the impulse than others, but none are immune.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Arcwelder76 is a foundational pillar of Sigforum.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR:
Arcwelder76 is a foundational pillar of Sigforum.

No. No.

I stumbled here from PCT to argue with Zeleny over the P7 and P210. I am not a "foundational pillar."

Some other kind of hardon perhaps..

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
On that note, as far as the bedrock of SigForum, it belongs to others. Para, Lbj, LDD, Chris, all of these people deserve the proper credit. They are far more adult than I.

I'm more the redheaded stepchild than anything else, and I won't take credit for building the board. Testing it, perhaps.

Arc.

Picture of Neva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
The web can make an asshole of us all. Some are a little better at resisting the impulse than others, but none are immune.

I’ve resisted for five pages so far.... kinda patting myself on the back.

If your government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away from you everything you have.
---- Paul Harvey - 1952 (Remember These Things)

Posts: 8007 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 02, 2003Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neva:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:

I’ve resisted for five pages so far.... kinda patting myself on the back.

Funny, I feel the same. I tell people around me all the time that I'm a grouchy asshole sometimes. Just the way I am. I've pretty much kept it in check here for a couple of reasons. First, I learn more than I teach so I rarely get to speak from a position of authority. Secondly, I really like it here so it keeps me in line. Many, many times I have hit the backspace button instead of the post now button.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We all have our moments. Its partly the problem of the way typed messages are often misinterpreted. But it can also be that someone just catches you on a bad day. None of us are immune from those.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Report This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
You are an opinion on a board I read, usually every day. Essentially, you have no impact upon my life. I don't care if you are an asshole, or not an asshole. You don't matter all that much to me. I'm pretty sure i don't matter all that much to you either.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Report This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I once met a fellow from Nantucket and every word from his mouth ended in 'phucket'. He was neither scholastic or profanely bombastic, but mostly obnoxious. It became plain at once that perhaps me being the dunce, rarely was it easy to unscramble both his accent or the subject of his ire.

Hell Arc, it's the flippin interweb, where anyone can be an asshole, you just can't see the smile.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Report This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
You are the only one I have on ignore

LOL! Maybe more of us should do this, you asshole! Big Grin

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Text is a difficult medium. No matter how articulate one thinks one might be.. well... lawyers are a thing.

If I gave the impression that I was concerned what you all think, I apologize. I do not.

What I'm after, is truth. To that end, I'd know mine enemy. If you cunts pass this up, you best hold your piece.

This isn't even about this board, but because this board exists in the world, it is. No, this is just about the social fabric.

Truth is what matters.

Truth, the pursuit of knowledge, facts.

Personal experience. Personal responsibility. I don't give a fuck what you guys think, this isn't about being insecure or unsure. No, this is just a contextual reset. I have a duty to the board, which I reconcile with how I personally operate.

It is simple, in its complexity.

Arc.