SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well. I guess I've made a bonafide career out of offending people at this point. Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
arc,

Did you drink something bendable served up? Smile

Even if you did I'd still be willing to break bread with you. Big Grin

No, but I would happily partake. I believe the free and open mind is increasingly rare.

Nutz! I waited too long to amend my post above to read:

"Even if you did I'd still be willing to break bread with you... being fellow crudmudgeons and all. Big Grin"

hehehehehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Anyone who has/gets “bad blood” on an internet board has bigger issues than just disagreements on a forum.
Most on this board agree to disagree and move on. Which is as it should be for people with lives.

That's the key.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Arc,

Are you sure you're not imagining this in your head a little bit? I don't know where this is coming from. What is causing you to be so upset. I don't know at all anyone who has it in for you. I don't.

I for one have no problem with you. To be really honest, though, I don't really know you. I mean at least not in real life, other than the last fifteen years of listening to you nearly every day.

I don't care who you are, you are going to be an imperfect human with normal imperfections. But you don't seem to have any glaring ones. You can get a little mercurial at times, you have strong convictions, you're not exactly Emily Post, and you aren't subtle in expressing your feelings. You don't pull your punches or treat us with kid gloves. But even so, these personality traits usually don't cause people to draw away from you.

Perhaps you could give us more information on why you are in this frame of mind. Did something happen to you? Did one of us assholes (yeah, some of us are) do something to you?

H&K-Guy

ETA: I feel no need to kiss your butt with platitudes and praise. You're not perfect. But you are a valuable member of this family. What ever happened to you, I can't imagine it is as as bad as all that. But then, what do I know.

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I like you.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your candor.

As for being "unfriended," etc., people fall away, grow apart, go in different directions. Its just one of the sucky parts of life. I dont like it but I dont give it much thought any more.

Posts: 11517 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
As someone who typically sticks to the lounge, lair, bitch section, I enjoy your perspective. I was bummed when you left, and quietly happy when you returned.

I don’t always agree with your posts, but you are clear, succinct, and have very little time for bullshit.

We have agreed to disagree before with no impact on my thoughts about you.

I usually don’t decide to click on posts based on member name, but I do with yours.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I only remember you from your posting some interesting info about the M1A - at least I think that was you.

I miss JALLEN. Now that guy was memorable.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I definitely wouldn't consider you an asshole. I like my friends to be upfront (or blunt). I hate playing guessing games. I am the same way in return.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Uhhhh. Thanks for your professional observations and input into appropriate threads and all the other things you do.

Are you seriously having your period?

EDIT - Okay on the off chance that no one else gets his reference and my reference....

Arc - I know you understand that you live near ground zero for all things Liberty in the United States, at least from her inception. I joined this forum precisely because I had a week in Uxbridge visiting my sister, and spent a good amount of time doing the Freedom Trail, as well as Lexington and Concord. Even now it still resonates with me- that the epicenter of something so prolific for human freedom is a scant 10 hours from me, is pretty inspiring.

You offend people? Good. I wouldn't peg you as an asshole, unless the situation necessitated it. Quite frankly, based on some of your threads about people out there being obtuse to their history, and based on my interactions with my sister and brother-in-law, you're in the right place with the right temperament.

Sometimes it's only when we're in the "offended zone" that we suddenly have an opportunity to stop and reconsider our position, or why we're offended at that moment.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
No issues here. A wise Old Man once taught me "Know yourself and seek self-improvement".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
To be a real asshole, you have to move into the Dick phase.

And if an asshole meets a dick, things can escalate real fast.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Don't let the well-wishers fool ya. You're an asshole.

Cool

Posts: 10806 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Well, honestly I have never paid you a 2nd thought. Not a bad thing in my book

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Arc is an asshole, but is he right?

If he's right, then he's just an asshole, but if he's wrong, why not lead with that, since we already know he's an asshole?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Some people are unable to handle the truth. Particularly when it’s presented in a straightforward manner.

I don’t worry about people like that.

I’m likely considered an asshole as well. In fact, I think my SIL has actually called me one.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

I’m likely considered an asshole as well. In fact, I think my SIL has actually called me one.
Somebody called me a jerk the other day.

I said, "Damn! I was striving for 'asshole'."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
pleasantly blunt
often surgically precise
refreshingly infrequent
never personally crushing without due cause

illustrates 'right man in the right position' as moderator

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing that would offend me is something said about my family and since we both don't know each other, that's not likely to happen.
I old enough to not care about much but myself, my family and my business.
Everything else is just that, everything else.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This thread shares similarities with an actual conversation

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So what you’re an asshole. You’re an asshole with a solid point of view. More than once I have posted in a thread and thought “where’s arc?”, then you have shown up and either pointed out the flaws in my logic, backed up what I said, or gave me a different perspective to look at.

If you’re an asshole, so what? You’re an asshole I respect, and you don’t stink.
Maybe we are all assholes and that’s why we all get along.

As far as sensitivity or tolerance, if someone came to the Sigforum looking for that, you’re probably in the wrong place. Go find the Dr.Phil forum.

I don’t type anything that I wouldn’t say to ones face. Take the above as I am speaking it to you in my semi high pitched monotone annoying voice.

You’re an asshole and so am I. Let’s go have a beer, and if you don’t drink you can have a coke and a smile. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post