SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 84
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^ “Every day of my life I think about that.”

Now that is justice.

Posts: 107226 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Mr. Baldwin has now somehow managed to politicize this tragedy...

Alec Baldwin Feared Trump Supporters Would Kill Him After 'Rust' Shooting

From the linked article:
quote:
In a statement to Newsweek following the release of the FBI report, Baldwin's lawyer said that the findings had been "misconstrued" and that the "critical report is the one from the medical examiner, who concluded that this was a tragic accident."

"The gun fired in testing only one time—without having to pull the trigger—when the hammer was pulled back and the gun broke in two different places. The FBI was unable to fire the gun in any prior test, even when pulling the trigger because it was in such poor condition," Baldwin's lawyer, Luke Nikas, said.

Has anyone actually seen the FBI forensic report?

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah there's this thing called lying to our faces...

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless of whether or not he's criminally charged, he will rue the day in Civil Court. That's going to be a reckoning for him.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What I find disappointing is the lack of focus on the basic firearm safety rules. Baldwin violated at least one rule, and possibly all four. But instead of his failure to personally check the gun, there's mostly discussion of whether he pulled the trigger or not. If any good could come from this tragedy, it might be to get people talking about how every gun is loaded, unless you yourself check it.

The basic rules of gun safety are not technically laws, so I wonder how criminal charges would play out.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The movie business gets around this by having professional armorers setting up the guns. To the "talent", the guns are nothing but just another prop. They don't bother training the actors on gun safety.

This BTW, is why Baldwin hasn't been charged, and likely never will be. His defense would be that the professionals handling the guns had the responsibility to make sure the guns were safe for whatever the actors were going to do with them, and that there was no reason for the actors to assume they were live weapons. And IIRC, he was explicitly told the gun in question was safe when it was handed to him. The fact that he refuses to admit he pulled the trigger will be irrelevant, because the gun should have been professionally set up so that he could pull the trigger and get nothing but a click.

quote:
What I find disappointing is the lack of focus on the basic firearm safety rules. Baldwin violated at least one rule, and possibly all four. But instead of his failure to personally check the gun, there's mostly discussion of whether he pulled the trigger or not. If any good could come from this tragedy, it might be to get people talking about how every gun is loaded, unless you yourself check it.

The basic rules of gun safety are not technically laws, so I wonder how criminal charges would play out.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Regardless of whether or not he's criminally charged, he will rue the day in Civil Court. That's going to be a reckoning for him.

I hope Baldwin is so destroyed that he has to live like the rest of us….

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11236 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As discussed before, it won't cost him a penny, other than what the production company paid for insurance. The insurance company will pay the loss.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:

I hope Baldwin is so destroyed that he has to live like the rest of us….

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Baldwin has been neutered. He can never again vomit sanctimony at anyone. He will always be the rectum that killed a wife and mother out of negligence. Baldwin's most potent weapon has been his sphere of influence. He has used it for destruction and promotion of lies. Now that influence is flaccid. He's a pariah like Jane Fonda. He's stained. He'll surround himself with a tight ball of similarly disgusting people, but that sphere will be very small and likely inauthentic.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29593 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
As discussed before, it won't cost him a penny, other than what the production company paid for insurance. The insurance company will pay the loss.
Man, will you please stop saying that crap? All this time you've been here and you still do not know that I despise this kind of shit. Why some of you feel the need to try to bring others down by giving them your version of future events, is just absolutely beyond me.

The fact is, you don't know what's going to happen, any more than the rest of us. End of story.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

It's going to cost him plenty. The most obvious being movie roles. Hell, he may never star in another movie ever again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's already happening.

quote:
"I got fired from another job yesterday. There I was all set to go to a movie, jump on a plane ... I've been talking with these guys for months and they told me yesterday we don't want to do the film with you because of this."

Baldwin says he’s lost five jobs since the “Rust” shooting

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
^^ “Every day of my life I think about that.”

Now that is justice.

Yeah, but I still think your volcano thing is ideal for the scumbag Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's already happening.
quote:
"I got fired from another job yesterday. There I was all set to go to a movie, jump on a plane ... I've been talking with these guys for months and they told me yesterday we don't want to do the film with you because of this."
He is such a victim, you see. Poor, poor Alex. He's been shut out of all this potential work since "this happened". You mean since you killed someone?

Alex, bruh man, it's too late to do what you should have done from the start, which is to issue a respectful statement in a press release, acknowledging your victims, and then you should have disappeared for months. But, with an ego like yours, not to mention you being a real asshole, there was never any chance of you having that degree of self control.

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He is such a victim, you see. Poor, poor Alex.

Watched a Court TV segment today on this subject, and the 3 talking heads agreed that all his public statements continue to address his personal situation, with no concern expressed for the surviving family members. It's all about him, his loss of sleep, his lost work, his victim status. His comments are full of the word "I", with no empathy for the true victims.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...chins-death-n2612012

Actor Alec Baldwin continues to insist the death of Halyna Hutchins on the set of a movie starring him is not his fault

In an interview with HLN and CNN, Baldwin blamed Hutchins' death on the movie crew who handed him a loaded gun.

"Hannah Reed handed the gun to Halls and said, 'Don't give it to Alec until I get back to the set, I've got to do something else.' And he proceeded to the set and, a, handed me the gun," Baldwin explained.

"Baldwin said Gutierrez-Reed should have known the difference between dummy rounds, which make a rattling sound, and live ammunition,"

"I mean, anybody on earth who works in that business can determine that," Baldwin said.

The FBI says it found over 150 live rounds on set and that the live rounds were mixed with dummy rounds.

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Baldwin said Gutierrez-Reed should have known the difference between dummy rounds, which make a rattling sound, and live ammunition," "I mean, anybody on earth who works in that business can determine that," Baldwin said.

So why then, Mr Expert, did you not do that?

I have to believe George Zimmerman is out there thankful that Alec Baldwin is making him look good.

Posts: 10797 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's already happening.

quote:

Baldwin says he’s lost five jobs since the “Rust” shooting

Bullshit.

Posts: 2925 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree. His story simply doesn't ring true.

Just like the imaginary gal who offered poor Alec words of comfort and support, scribbled on a Splenda packet. Roll Eyes