SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 84
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
He’ll just beat up another meter maid to feel better. He’s nothing but an attention seeking whore and bully. Been in places in NYC when he’s there, he’s always a jack ass and always a problem. Self entitled and pompous ass.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Santa Fe DA names a special prosecutor for the Baldwin case. 8/04/22.

It doesn't seem that complex of case to need more help. Maybe I'm missing something.

snip> Andrea Reeb, who headed the Clovis-area District Attorney’s Office for eight years, has been named a special prosecutor in the investigation into last year’s fatal shooting on the Rust movie set south of Santa Fe.

Reeb, who retired from the 9th Judicial District earlier this year after about 25 years as a prosecutor, was added to the team to expedite the review process, District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altweis said in a statement Wednesday.<snip.

https://www.santafenewmexican....a6-4b016a2646a4.html

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

Well the current prosecutor does not seem willing or capable. It was hard to believe she had an interview with Vaniety Fair saying she asked a co-worker to bring in "an old revolver" to test very early in the process, as if that would reveal anything other than her desire for public attention.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
If anything came from the OJ trial, DAs need to know that high profile cases with deep pocketed celebrities will NOT be a standard trial. Even if Alec is charged with a misdemeanor, he will likely show up with dream team 2.0 to represent him. Hopefully this special prosecutor is to have experienced prosecutors that are ready for what ever Alec throws at them.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

It doesn't seem that complex of case to need more help. Maybe I'm missing something.

Often the idea behind a special prosecutor is to take politics and influence out of the equation. Perhaps this will do that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Also allows that special prosecutor to focus on that major high-profile case, instead of the local DA having to handle all that on top of eleventeen hundred other cases they're handling currently.

Posts: 32415 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Has it really been almost a year now?

• The incident has been officially ruled an accident.
  • The FBI has concluded that Baldwin must have pulled the trigger.
  • Prosecutors are still awaiting the release of cellphone data.
  • Mr. Baldwin is still open to possible criminal charges, civil suits, and fines, some of which are already in motion.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."
  •  
    Posts: 16258 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ignored facts
    still exist
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^ And Mr. Baldwin is still an asshole.

----------------------
    Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jhe888:
    quote:

Often the idea behind a special prosecutor is to take politics and influence out of the equation. Perhaps this will do that.

I didn’t consider that. Being a little cynical, I figured the idea was to bring someone else in to take the heat, whichever way it goes. Thanks for injecting some reality.

Posts: 6868 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jhe888:
    quote:

"In theory"

Dan Webb was the Special Pros' in the Jucy Smollette shit show. Where's Jucy fruit now?
    Yeah, I know it's not the Special Pros' fault that he's not behind bars, but the case could have been soo much better.

I **try** not to be a full on conspiracy theorists, but... What if (and I hate saying that) the Special Pros is appointed because he's one of "their guys"?
    How much has Alec contributed to the Democratic cause over the past?
    I wouldn't put it past them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8315 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    I wouldn't put it past them either, like to think the system works in an unbiased and fair process for everyone, but it doesn't.

Wouldn't be surprised that the SP is there to take the heat off the State of NM, Santa Fe DA, when they announce it was an accident, that Mr. Baldwin bears no responsibility, and no charges are filed against him.

NM is after all a very left progressive state..

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    Can one of you knowledgeable attorney types clarify the significance of the accident ruling. To me "accident" means it wasn't intentional, but does that necessarily absolve any responsibility in the matter? I mean there's still things like criminal negligence, even without intention.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16258 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    They're after my Lucky Charms!
    Picture of IrishWind
    posted Hide Post
    Accidental/negligent is what is driving the legal issues. AB does have anger issues, and is an anti-gun idiot. But I don't believe he intended to shoot anyone that day. He just failed to make sure the prop in his hand was safe. Also, AB has a right to a speedy trial. But I don't see him and his legal team demanding it. They are probably wanting this to drag as long as possible, especially since the civil suits will want a conviction to make their jobs against AB easier. And the longer this whole process takes, the more likely someone will want a settlement to just get it over with.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
    Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Andrea Reeb, who headed the Clovis-area District Attorney’s Office for eight years

https://news.yahoo.com/candida...trict-035900864.html

Seems that she has some potential to be pretty decent!
    From the article-
    "Q: If Donald Trump is on the ballot in 2024, will you vote for him? Why or why not?

I will likely vote for President Donald Trump in 2024. President Trump has relentlessly displayed the courage and the intelligence to expose the corruption in our government and the bias coverage of the mainstream media. President Trump is for law and order and for securing our borders. Most importantly, President Trump defends The Constitution and supports a strong military."

So she's got that goin' for her

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8315 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by kkina:
    Can one of you knowledgeable attorney types clarify the significance of the accident ruling. To me "accident" means it wasn't intentional, but does that necessarily absolve any responsibility in the matter? I mean there's still things like criminal negligence, even without intention.

It depends on the phrasing of the local statutes.

Words like "intentional", "reckless", and "negligent" all have significantly different definitions. Even if there is a negligence statute, the question would turn on who was negligent. That could end up being a hard pill to swallow for a lot of "gun people."

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    I’ll try this again.

As mentioned more than once, the ultimate controlling factor is what New Mexico law says about an incident like this. It’s also important to remember that “accidental” only implies that the death was not due to intentional human action. Pointing the gun and pulling the trigger were intentional, but killing someone was not. It doesn’t mean that there was no negligence or other misconduct in the unintentional result. I would even argue that if a human actor (doer) was involved in causing the death, almost always the death wouldn’t have occurred if things leading up to the death had been done differently. We can think of exceptions such as if I run over a bicyclist who hits a rock and falls into the path of my car, but they’re pretty rare. Even then, I could make such an accident less likely by turning out to pass the rider at a greater distance, which I always do whenever possible.

If this incident were to go to a criminal trial, then the judge or jury would decide whether the negligence involved was enough to constitute a criminal offense, and yes: by whom.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
    — Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    Judge Says He's Responsible

"Only Alec Baldwin is primarily responsible for the firing of the loaded gun on the Rust set last year that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled Friday."

Judge Michael E. Whitaker said this in a ruling that mainly focused on tearing apart an Assault And Battery Suit filed by the movie's script supervisor.

Yahoo News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Picture of Greymann
    posted Hide Post
    Involuntary Manslaughter in N.M.

2019 New Mexico Statutes
    Chapter 30 - Criminal Offenses
    Article 2 - Homicide
    Section 30-2-3 - Manslaughter.
    Universal Citation: NM Stat § 30-2-3 (2019)
    Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.

A. Voluntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed upon a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.

Whoever commits voluntary manslaughter is guilty of a third degree felony resulting in the death of a human being.

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.

Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

History: 1953 Comp., § 40A-2-3, enacted by Laws 1963, ch. 303, § 2-3; 1994, ch. 23, § 2.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    Big Grin

Alec Baldwin Hanged in Crazy Execution

The men responsible for effecting Deep State executions have seen it all. Or have they? From Gavin Newsom’s demonic homily to Loretta Lynch’s sudden transformation to a Born-Again Christian, GITMO hangings have been replete with unexpected twist endings and theatricality. And a bloated Alec Baldwin, who was hanged there Wednesday morning, expanded that tradition with an outburst both comedic and acrimonious.

Somehow a handcuffed Baldwin had writhed his prison pants and underwear down to his ankles while being driven from Camp Delta to the execution site. He appeared from the Humvee half-naked, exposing himself to Vice Admiral Darse E. Crandall and 3 other officers there to witness the hanging.

“Born naked, die naked,” Baldwin shouted, sweat dripping from his flabby jowl. “How do you like me now, Admiral Crandall? And Fuck you, Donald Trump. I made you famous.”

President Trump was not present.

Before addressing Baldwin, Vice Adm. Crandall publicly reprimanded the chaperones, demanding to know how Baldwin’s disrobement had gone unnoticed and why both soldiers were seated up front. He called it a dereliction of duty and a violation of standard operating procedures. He commanded the soldier who had been riding shotgun to pull up Baldwin’s pants.

By that time, though, Baldwin was lying prone on a damp patch of grass, squirming around.

“Hey, Crandall, did you know I played a colonel in Pearl Harbor, with Kate Beckinsale. Don’t think I wasn’t tapping that,” Baldwin said, and began humping the ground.

“Tase him now,” Vice Adm. Crandall barked.

“We should just put a bullet in his brain,” an officer present said.

“Not procedure,” Vice Adm. Crandall replied.

The soldiers who had driven Baldwin to the gallows unholstered their tasers, then fired the small, barbed darts at Baldwin’s exposed skin. He trembled a moment but seemed otherwise unharmed. The soldiers helped him atop the platform where another soldier whose uniform bore no rank or insignia fitted him with a rope necklace.

The rest of the event went as planned. Baldwin, shaken but conscious, offered no resistance as Vice Adm. Crandall gave the “execute” command.

Baldwin was pronounced dead at 10:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Vice Adm. Crandall, obviously exasperated, said he was tired of being a “circus ringmaster.”

https://realrawnews.com/2022/0...-in-crazy-execution/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Greymann
    posted Hide Post
    Santa Fe DA requests money to prosecute 4 individuals from the "Rust" movie set. Including an actor.

https://www.santafenewmexican....8c-171a9944036d.html

"According to a document obtained by the Santa Fe New Mexican, the district attorney said if charges are warranted, her office plans to prosecute up to four people. She named actor and ‘Rust’ movie producer Alec Baldwin as one of the possible defendants. "

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico...l-rust-prosecutions/