SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 84
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Santa Fe DA requests money to prosecute 4 individuals from the "Rust" movie set. Including an actor.

Interesting turn of events. I wonder if a DA ever decided not to prosecute an otherwise justified and valid case, simply due to a lack of necessary funding?

IF the DA/ Special Prosecutor decides to press criminal charges against all four, I'm going to take a WAG that the four will be Alec Baldwin, Hannah Guttierez, Dave Halls, and Seth Kenney.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Schneider is on Court tv and he's pretty darned adamant that Alec is a lying murderer.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54489 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Are they accepting donations?

Posts: 53076 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prediction if Baldwin gets prosecuted for Invol. Manslaughter is that he'll walk even with all the stupid things he's said since the shooting. He's got enough money for a good legal team and is now selling property to help fund the team. That team will be able to put more than enough doubt into the jury head to get a conviction using Greymann's Option B above.

Civil court is where he will take his beating. He's one of the movies producers, the trigger puller and conviction for Civil court is a lower bar to cross for negligence etc. etc.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He is being tormented now with more to come. His cred is wasted. His career likely over. His rep stained. Even if he never does time, he’ll be fleeced for years and hounded by those whom he made enemies. For an actor who craves praise, it is a fate worse than death.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29598 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...gn=nl&recip=26773771

Criminal Charges Against Alec Baldwin for 'Rust' Shooting May Be Imminent

It's been awhile since we've gotten an update on consequences for Alec Baldwin following the shooting on the set of 'Rust' in 2021, but the district attorney handling the matter is showing movement...and it doesn't look good for the actor.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think if it goes to trial Baldwin will beat the charges. The gun handlers who gave him a loaded gun when this was supposed to get a non-firing prop? Not so much.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think if it goes to trial Baldwin will beat the charges. The gun handlers who gave him a loaded gun when this was supposed to get a non-firing prop? Not so much.

Most likely, but the fact remains that he is toast in a civil proceeding. THAT’S where the real damage will be done to his wallet, his ego, and his future.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Alec Baldwin Settles With Halyna Hutchins’ Family After 'Rust' Shooting
Nina Golgowski - 44m ago

The family of the late cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has reached a settlement with actor Alec Baldwin following her fatal shooting on the set of the movie “Rust” in 2021.

The settlement, first reported by Deadline, comes after Hutchins’ family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Baldwin and others involved in the “Rust” production following her death.

Hutchins’ widower, Matthew Hutchins, told CNN that as part of the settlement ― which requires court approval ― he will executive produce the film when it resumes production in January 2023.

“All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident,” he said. “I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”

Baldwin’s attorney, Luke Nikas of Quinn Emanuel, said they are grateful for the resolution reached.

“Throughout this difficult process, everyone has maintained the specific desire to do what is best for Halyna’s son,” Nikas said in a statement to HuffPost.

Attorneys for Rust Productions LLC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost and has been updated.

LINK TO STORY

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little surprising, but I assume the producers are desperate to recoup some of the money they already sunk into the production, plus what they forked over in the settlement. The husband probably worked out a piece of the box office action on top too.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is going to see that movie ? Maybe it will have some macabre appeal.

Posts: 4735 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I don’t think I could watch that movie now. I get the sense Baldwin needs the profit from this movie to be able to pay the suits and settlements. Why else would anyone agree to proceed with him still in it? Every time he grabs a gun will be a reminder of the shooting and his behavior after.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29598 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Haven't read it closely but it feels like they've paid off the widower through promised income from "producing" the movie. If it tanks (as seems likely) then he may regret this faustian bargain.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Alec settled out of court simply because he did not want to see the inside of a civil court. The hysteria of Depp vs. Heard must have been an eye opener for him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pretty effing amazing how many articles on this subject STILL refer to the firearm as a "prop gun"

Posts: 54489 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
"Settlement" means you didn't pay what it was actually worth and you just fucked the victim again.

I truly hope he ends himself.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not a chance

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I truly hope he ends himself.

Guys like him never off themselves. He’s already convinced himself that he didn’t do it. He hasn’t lost a minute of sleep over her death at his hand.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now take 3 minutes,
Imagine if ALL of the crime cases involving shootings took this long to decide.

What if this case sets a legal precedent .