SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
lots of smoke in the lawsuit by Gutierrez-Reed against Seth Kenney, the man who provided the prop ammunition used by the production team

Looks to me like she's indicting herself in some of the statements in that lawsuit.

ISTM if they were preventing her from doing her job she should have either called a halt or resigned the position in protest.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
ISTM if they were preventing her from doing her job she should have either called a halt or resigned the position in protest.

100%.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
ISTM

Ok what's this now?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"It seems to me", maybe?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
"It seems to me", maybe?

Yeah. Pretty common 'net acronym.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
"It seems to me", maybe?

Yeah. Pretty common 'net acronym.
I've never seen it before, but I managed to guess what it meant.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Baldwin related, but not shooting related

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...ion-family-us-marine

The family of a U.S. Marine killed in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan is suing Alec Baldwin for allegedly mislabeling his sister as a participant in the Capitol riot Jan. 6, 2021.

The 63-year-old actor is named in a lawsuit seeking $25 million and alleging defamation, invasion of privacy, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress

The lawsuit stems from a post that Baldwin shared on Instagram earlier this month after he gave $5,000 to the widow of a fallen soldier to help her with their newborn daughter. Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum was killed Aug. 26 in Kabul in a suicide bombing as he was processing refugees amid the United States’ controversial withdrawal from the country.

When the actor heard of McCollum’s story, he reached out to McCollumn's sister, Roice, and gave her $5,000 to give to her brother’s widow, Jiennah Crayton. He later called the check a "tribute to a fallen soldier." However, on Jan. 3, Roice shared a photo on Instagram that clearly gave Baldwin second thoughts about his tribute.

The image showed her at the Washington Monument on the day of the insurrection in 2021. According to the lawsuit, Roice was indeed among the protestors who showed up to the march. However, the court documents reveal that, while she was protesting the vote certification of Joe Biden that day, she did not take part in the rioting nor any unlawful activity.

Roice was interviewed by the FBI and cleared of any wrongdoing. Despite never being charged with any crime, the documents show direct messages between Roice and Baldwin in which he labels her a "rioter."

"When I sent the $ for your late brother, out of real respect for his service to this country, I didn’t know you were a January 6th rioter," Baldwin wrote.

Roice responded: "Protesting is perfectly legal in the country and I’ve already had my sit down with the FBI. Thanks, have a nice day!"

"I don’t think so. Your activities resulted in the unlawful destruction of government property, the death of a law enforcement officer, an assault on the certification of the presidential election," Baldwin replied. "I reposted your photo. Good luck."

Baldwin went on to repost the photo and call Roice an "insurrectionist" to his 2.4 million Instagram followers in a since-deleted post. Roice, her sister Cheyenne and Jiennah are suing Baldwin over his direct message and the decision to share his belief that Roice took part in the rioting.

Roice and her family say they were inundated with hateful comments shortly after the post went public. The court documents offer examples of some of those comments, the most disturbing from someone who said, "Get raped and die, worthless c--- [kiss emoji]. Your brother got what he deserved."

The court documents allege that, rather than walk back his statements, Baldwin continued to label Roice an "insurrectionist" and "rioter" in subsequent comments engaging with critics.

"Baldwin's comments were false, outrageous, defamatory, irresponsible, vindictive and caused – and continue to cause — plaintiffs severe emotional distress. Instead of being able to focus on grieving LCPL McCollum's death and raising his newborn daughter, plaintiffs and their family are now fearful for their lives."

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had never heard of the man until this thread started, and was never ready to crucify him for the accident despite its terrible result and his reputation in general among knowledgeable gun owners who did know him, but this is infuriating.
Where are the stakes, faggots, and torches now that some of these … unmentionables continue to walk among us. Mad

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Alec, when it rains, it pours, huh, cowboy?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I had never heard of the man until this thread started, and was never ready to crucify him for the accident despite its terrible result and his reputation in general among knowledgeable gun owners who did know him, but this is infuriating.
Where are the stakes, faggots, and torches now that some of these … unmentionables continue to walk among us. Mad

One can only hope that there is a special place in hell, or wherever vile inDUHviduals end up, for Mr. Baldwin.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's already there, since October 21 last.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Poor fella just can’t catch a brake /sarc/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Baldwin is a class A rectum.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Keep digging, arric barwin. You will dig yourself out of this hole if you go deep enough. . .

I believe in you. :-)

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Put it on a Splenda packet for him. It's easier that way. You know, he's embarrassed by strong emotions and the adulation of his fans.

Maybe do a separate Splenda packet for his lovely wife, Hillaria. In spanish, of course.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Baldwin/McCollum family story is pretty big here in Wyoming; and here you thought he couldn’t be a bigger asshole.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Alec Baldwin response to lawsuit: "This was a workplace accident and plaintiff should file a workman's compensation claim"

Alec Baldwin and his fellow "Rust" producers have asked a Los Angeles judge to dismiss a lawsuit by the movie's script supervisor, who claims she was hurt in last year's fatal on-set shooting.

While defense lawyers agreed that the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, on Oct. 21 was a "terrible tragedy," they argued Monday in a filing in Los Angeles County Superior Court that the plaintiff, Mamie Mitchell, should seek relief through a New Mexico workers compensation claim, not in a Los Angeles courtroom.

The defense said Hutchins' death and the wounding of director Joel Souza were the results of a "workplace accident."

Mitchell sued Baldwin and other "Rust" producers, claiming she was standing next to Hutchins when the fatal round struck Hutchins on the movie set in New Mexico. Mitchell suffered “serious physical trauma and shock and injury to her nervous system” because of the fatal incident, her lawsuit said.

Defense attorney Aaron Dyer wrote that Mitchell’s complaint “should be dismissed because her exclusive remedy is New Mexico’s Workers’ Compensation Act, not a civil action filed in California State Court.”

The defense argued that even if Mitchell’s claims fall outside the New Mexico workers compensation laws, the suit has no merit.

Despite Mitchell’s attempts “to label claims as intentional, nothing about plaintiff’s allegations suggest that any defendants intentionally committed harmful conduct under New Mexico law,” the defense response said.

Mitchell's attorney, Gloria Allred, said the defendants "are trying to avoid explaining their conduct before a judge and a jury in a court of law."

"We intend to vigorously oppose their demurrer, and we believe that we should be allowed to proceed," Allred said in a statement.

_______

The lawsuit may be bullshit, especially since Gloria Allred is involved, but the claim of this merely being a "workplace accident" is bullshit, too and I hope the suit goes forward.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
^^^ Grasping for straws

Any lawyer will pull the "Its not my clients fault, this isn't the way things are, and thats not what happened" bit.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
claiming she was standing next to Hutchins when the fatal round struck Hutchins on the movie set in New Mexico. Mitchell suffered “serious physical trauma and shock and injury to her nervous system” because of the fatal incident, her lawsuit said.
Someone should tell her it could have been worse. Roll Eyes But, you gotta get when the getting's good.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is one of the few times you'll see me supporting baseless lawsuits. What's bad for Alec Baldwin is good for us.

Unless of course, that comet finally shows up, in which case, it's bad for us all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023